“A great Sunday lunch”

Longs Bar
Ranked #317 of 468 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Often go to Longs for Sunday Lunch, not once have we had a bad meal and we have been going there 9 years! Staff are great, always helpful and friendly. Worth a visit for sure!

1  Thank Simon P

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I'm really impressed with the longs bar since it changed hands, the whole place has been stripped and refurbished, even small layout changes (like moving the front door) have made a huge difference. I have visited for food twice for lunch and twice for evening food, in each case the food was prompt and of a high standard for the price bracket. It's not typical bar food, it's a really interesting and different menu, you wont find gammon and chips or all day breakfast, instead you'll find speciality burgers and wraps plus some diverse mains and starters. There's been some real thought invested in this place and it shows. I need to mention the staff as they have been exceptional in every case, attentive, open and friendly, even when faced with a very strange and angry customer on one occasion, the young lady serving was professional and helpful. Even after the customer stormed out (and then straight back in) twice, she was visibly shaken but still offering everything she could to appease him, she has far more patience and professionalism than me!!. I cant give longs bar five stars until they re open the cocktail bar (surely the best start to an evening out?) also - can we bin the Arkells ale and get some decent local brews in? it's not just for old giffers you know :-)

1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

The place was dead, not necessarily a bad thing but leaves no excuse for the service! I was greeted by an empty bar and barmaid that looked surprised to have a customer, let alone one ordering food.

I ordered a pint and their 'freshly cooked chicken & chorizo linguini, it arrived in 5 minutes (freshly cooked I think not!), in a bowl that could only have been colder if it had been on the freezer, therefore the good was cold in a few minutes.

I am typing this whilst still sat with the remnants of 'dinner' in front of me as I watch the 3 staff (yes, that's more than the customers) dance to their favourite tunes on the PA system.

Utterly disappointed with what looked to be a promising pub / restaurant from outside.

Avoid if you are looking for an edible, warm meal......

4  Thank Service-simply
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We love this place. It is just one of those places in Swindon where you can go for drinks and it is fun. We never miss stopping by when we are in town. Perfect hang out. But it can get loud later in the night. Still fun

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Longs Bar is a varied venue which caters very well for all tastes and ages.
In daytime, is offers a relaxing atmosphere for a coffee break or a somewhat stronger drink. The menu is comprehensive and affordable, offfering quality food to suit all tastes.
At night, the mood changes with more modern music and cocktails taking over.
Whenever you might visit - and with refurbishments likely to be completed around one week following the submission of this review it promises to remain a fine venue - you will not be disappointed and certainly encouraged to call again!