“An exciting and very different activity for both children and adults.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jungle Parc

Jungle Parc
Ranked #15 of 49 things to do in Swindon
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“An exciting and very different activity for both children and adults.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I went with my partner and 3 children aged from 10 to 46. We all had a great time. The staff and tutorial were really helpful and informative. My youngest can sometimes get very excited and was a little worried he may not follow the instructions, but the staff were very good with younger ones. You new you were in safe hands. We went on the Explorer course. It was very high but as long as your not scarerd if heights you'll be fine. It is quite physically demanding and we all finished in approx 2 hours very happy to be on the floor. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for something different it entertain children and adults alike!

Wootton Bassett
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Really good fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I booked this for my lively 5 year old nephew. Although he is very confident at climbing and swinging on anything at Lydiard Park in Swindon, I wasn't sure if using harnesses and having to listen to a brief safety tutorial would be good for him.
We had to book the Adventurer course as he is only 5 which starts off very low to the ground and basic. The course gradually builds up in height and difficulty which makes the challenge more exciting to watch and participate in.
My nephew was worried to start with and got a bit tearful, however once he got started he picked it up quickly and was loving it. The safety tutorial seems a bit complicated but it is actually very simple to listen to how and where you put your clips.
You have to walk around with your child at all times checking that they are doing their clips correctly and supervising them at all times which we really enjoyed doing as we took loads of photos and had a great laugh.
It is a very relaxed and casual place, you go at your own pace and the guys running the Jungle Parc keep their eye on you but they do not get involved unless you need help.
It was a cold day and sometimes there is a bit of waiting if the session you are booked on has lots of children. I would recommend trying to go in less popular time slots so you can just get on the course quickly and not have to wait if someone ahead of you is a bit slow and make sure you wrap up nice and warm.
I would recommend this to any age children, when we were there there were ages 5 to 15 approx and they were all enjoying it.
We took approximately an hour and a half but could have stayed for longer if we weren't so cold! It's very good value as Kids cost £12 and all the supervising adults were free.

2 Thank 2rome
Oxford-UK
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Spur of the moment successful trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Visited Lydiard Park today for the first time, without realising this was here.
My 5 year old saw the course which is right next to the parks play area and want a go. 105cm is the minimum height so he was just tall enough. £12 for 1 1/2 hours. A quick but very thorough intro and practice with an instructor and the ready of the group and then you're on your own. There are free courses, and blue which is all he was allowed to do at his height. He loved doing the course, I only let him do the green as although he was allowed to do the blue it was too high for me to help him if he got stuck. Some of the clip on bits for your harness are a bit of a stretch for someone of his height. But apart from that he thoroughly enjoyed it. My only suggestion would be they could do with one instructor just on hand to help if need be. If you're on the ground like me, some of them really were a big stretch for me and him.

1 Thank Law74
Swindon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Birthday party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Took my daughter for her 6th birthday with some friends, they all had a great time. Had taken my son for his 7th birthday plus friends, earlier in the year in May - also brilliant

Visited August 2013
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Good fun for a party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Had our daughters 8th birthday here and she and her friends loved it. Some shaky moments if you don't like heights! Great fun and followed by a picnic in the grounds made for a great day out.

Visited April 2013