“Not the best” 3 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Miah Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kent
“Not the best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We visited this restaurant after discovering the local harvester had a party in full swing. I was worried having read several negative reviews on this site but took a chance.
The decor is plain white walls without the menus you could have been in any restaurant.
The staff had to be encouraged to take our order and they forgot to ask if the meal was ok, the food was average I've had better in several Indian restaurants in the Kent London area.
It was fairly pricey and I've never seen chicken cubes in a curry before.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank tom72

“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

This restaurant is very local to us and would be great if the food was good.
This is the 3rd time we have been there, the previous 2 were awful and hadn't been there for well over a year.
Decided to try again with a Groupon, and I tried the chicken chat masala as recommended by a previous review, both me and my wife both enjoyed our starters and was optimistic thing were improving. 5 out of 5 so far!
However, things went downhill, I chose a spicy main and my wife a medium. When the meal arrived they were bland and the sauces on both dishes were the same. This is probably the worst curry I have ever eaten and left everything after tasting,
The manager did come across and afterwards admitted the chef had made a mistake using the same sauce and our drinks were complimentary.
This is such a shame as we would love to use this place, it's within walking distance and close to the cinema.
I hope the management read these reviews as I hope after a few months and seeing many positive reviews we could come back...maybe.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mikey K
“A delicious surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We often visit the cinema next to this restaurant and have to say we were not particularly enticed to visit in the past. however, we bought a groupon deal to visit with my parents and were pleasantly surprised. the restaurant is very large and wasn't particularly busy on a sunday night. The service was friendly and the waiter was happy to explain certain dishes and offer recommendations. The food itself was delicious and good in quantity, we all enjoyed our meal. I particularly enjoyed the chicken chaat masala starter and I am looking forward to when I can go back and order it again. Overall I would highly recommend this restaurant, and cannot wait until a groupon comes up again for it.

Swindon
“Great food, great value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I visited here for lunch. This is our second visit and we weren't disappointed. The food was excellent, efficient table service (though could smile a little more!) food did take a while to arrive but it looks as though food is cooked to order. If you are in the area it's definitely worth a visit.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Won't be going back.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We went with a Groupon voucher for an evening meal. In a nutshell it took far too long to be served, the staff ignored us for ages, the food was extremely salty. We won't be going back.

• Visited May 2014