“Over priced, poor food”

Ed's Easy Diner - Swindon
Ranked #84 of 434 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Over priced, poor food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I thought I'd give this place a go as I was in the outlet village and hungry. After being wedged into a booth and then being asked by the waitress if I'd leave the baby pram outside, even though my 1 year old was asleep in it (I told her not to be so stupid) I looked at the menu and ordered the most expensive burger hoping that it'll fill a hole. I think it was about £9, the wife, my son and his friend ordered their lunch. When the food arrived, my burger was smaller than a Big Mac, an although I never thought it possible, a Mc D's is tastier! The bill was just over £50, and it was probably the worst £50 of junk food I've ever tasted (maybe a slight exaggeration about taste... But it's the most expensive junk food) To sum up.. Spend a tenner on a Big Mac, then pop into this place for an overpriced milkshake

2 Thank Smiffter

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Worth every penny!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

After a very successful days shopping in Swindon town centre and then the Swindon Outlet, we decided to dine at the Ed’s Diner in the Swindon Outlet.

Before reviewing the restaurant, I would like to mention that if you go on to the Swindon Outlet website and sign up to their email updates, you will receive an email entitling you to 10% off in a lot of stores within the Outlet (unfortunately not Ed’s Diner though).

We have been to this restaurant on a Saturday before and have had to queue for a table but we think that due to the bad weather, there wasn’t many people around so despite it being a Saturday and prime dining time (6pm), we were seated immediately.

We were a party of 3 adults (with lots of bags) and they sat us in a spacious booth. The booth itself was brightly coloured, clean and well equipped with lots of sauces, tissues and a charming mini-juke box!

The menu is easy to negotiate and well laid out with a lot of options which enables you to tailor-make your order (e.g. with or without cheese, with or without toppings etc). You can also just have the standard product e.g. just a hot dog or you can add a trio of sides (chips, onion rings and coleslaw) for a discounted price compared to what you would pay if you ordered them as individual ‘sides’.

All of our party had hotdogs (costing £6.95) except me and I had one loaded with pulled pork (approx £8.95) – I can highly recommend this!

The milkshakes are to die for and come in a metal container that fills your glass nearly 3 times – although the price initially seems expensive at approximately £5, due to the amount you get and the amazing flavours, it is worth it!

Our server was really attentive and friendly which enhanced what was a really enjoyable dining experience and this was ‘topped-off’ by fantastic 50s music that we all ended up singing along to!

Lastly, if you go on to the Ed’s Easy Diner website and sign-up to their ‘Club’, you will receive an Ed’s Club Card where you can accumulate points and from time to time you receive email offers and updates on what is going on in Ed’s Easy Diners round the Country.

• Visited February 2014
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and very poor quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Despite being very busy, we had to wait about five minutes for a table. the waitress was very pleasant and the service was quick. We ordered, two sausage sandwiches, one bacon sandwich and a classic dog with two bottles of water - total cost £19.90. Presentation of the food was basic, six pieces of white toast, four sausages, two very small rashers of bacon, a hot dog in a roll with under-cooked onions. Extremely loud music!!! We would not return and could not recommend to others

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank robert W
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and underwhelmed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I ate here in January with my wife. Whenever we walk past this place it is busy and on this occasion they had a free table.

As this is suppose to be an american diner I expected a really good burger and chips. The burger was very lack lustre in size and quality. The bun was very much something and nothing.
The chips looked like cheap oven chips.

It was expensive for what we had and I wouldnt choose to eat here again. You might need to re-mortgage your house to purchase one of their milk shakes.

• Visited January 2014
“Very disappointing burger place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

How hard can it be to make a decent burger? This place certainly makes it look difficult. Agree with previous reviewers, bun was dry, burger was over cooked and dry, relish was poor. Had high'ish expectations of grabbing a decent bite but sadly this was not the case. Not recommended.

• Visited December 2013