“Good food and friends staff but expènsive”

Ed's Easy Diner - Swindon
Ranked #85 of 441 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wiltshire, UK
“Good food and friends staff but expènsive”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is fun decked out as a 50s style dinner and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The food tasted good we had two eds plates and children's meals. The children emptied their plates which rarely happens. The only issue is how expensive the food is it seems a lot for burger and chips, it's good for an occasional treat but for every day I would use the food court in the outlet.

1 Thank 01Ams

“Milkshakes and tunes...”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Eds is a great place to go if you want milkshake and pudding. The food nice, not the best ive ever had but not the worst. Milkshakes on the other hand are delicious!! And the music is great! Added bonus is the mini juxebox on every table, and all money that goes into them ( 20p a song) all goes to charity so thats pretty cool. I'd suggest that you try it at least once.

“Kids loved it!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere was wonderful! made lunch time much more exciting for our children!
Kids meals were good and came with activity sheet which kept kids entertained. Service was fast and friendly! Food was quite good but shakes were amazing!!
Quite pricey but nice as a treat! Xx

• Visited February 2014
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Over priced, poor food”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I thought I'd give this place a go as I was in the outlet village and hungry. After being wedged into a booth and then being asked by the waitress if I'd leave the baby pram outside, even though my 1 year old was asleep in it (I told her not to be so stupid) I looked at the menu and ordered the most expensive burger hoping that it'll fill a hole. I think it was about £9, the wife, my son and his friend ordered their lunch. When the food arrived, my burger was smaller than a Big Mac, an although I never thought it possible, a Mc D's is tastier! The bill was just over £50, and it was probably the worst £50 of junk food I've ever tasted (maybe a slight exaggeration about taste... But it's the most expensive junk food) To sum up.. Spend a tenner on a Big Mac, then pop into this place for an overpriced milkshake

2 Thank Smiffter
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

After a very successful days shopping in Swindon town centre and then the Swindon Outlet, we decided to dine at the Ed’s Diner in the Swindon Outlet.

Before reviewing the restaurant, I would like to mention that if you go on to the Swindon Outlet website and sign up to their email updates, you will receive an email entitling you to 10% off in a lot of stores within the Outlet (unfortunately not Ed’s Diner though).

We have been to this restaurant on a Saturday before and have had to queue for a table but we think that due to the bad weather, there wasn’t many people around so despite it being a Saturday and prime dining time (6pm), we were seated immediately.

We were a party of 3 adults (with lots of bags) and they sat us in a spacious booth. The booth itself was brightly coloured, clean and well equipped with lots of sauces, tissues and a charming mini-juke box!

The menu is easy to negotiate and well laid out with a lot of options which enables you to tailor-make your order (e.g. with or without cheese, with or without toppings etc). You can also just have the standard product e.g. just a hot dog or you can add a trio of sides (chips, onion rings and coleslaw) for a discounted price compared to what you would pay if you ordered them as individual ‘sides’.

All of our party had hotdogs (costing £6.95) except me and I had one loaded with pulled pork (approx £8.95) – I can highly recommend this!

The milkshakes are to die for and come in a metal container that fills your glass nearly 3 times – although the price initially seems expensive at approximately £5, due to the amount you get and the amazing flavours, it is worth it!

Our server was really attentive and friendly which enhanced what was a really enjoyable dining experience and this was ‘topped-off’ by fantastic 50s music that we all ended up singing along to!

Lastly, if you go on to the Ed’s Easy Diner website and sign-up to their ‘Club’, you will receive an Ed’s Club Card where you can accumulate points and from time to time you receive email offers and updates on what is going on in Ed’s Easy Diners round the Country.

• Visited February 2014