“Very friendly staff, great selection”
Review of New Delhi

New Delhi
Ranked #28 of 441 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Bath, United Kingdom
“Very friendly staff, great selection”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

As a vegetarian it's very hard to find a good choice of indian food and still be reasonably priced! I ordered starters and a main course and thoroughly enjoyed each part. Would recommend anyone looking for something a bit fresher and less greasy - with lots of flavour to come here. Waiter was very nice and knowledgable. Had more than needed so took some home at the end - they were happy to assist. Will definitely be back again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank beansprouts

London, United Kingdom
“Very impressed!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

People kept recommending Rangoli and I was keen to find out what the fuss was about - we went there for dinner yesterday and it totally surpassed my expectations! The service was great - attentive and helpful. The food was wonderful, I had the railway lamb curry which was peppery but not too spicy. Their samosas and mushroom rice were also delicious. The bill for two of us was under £30 - great value for the amount and quality of food. I cant wait to return!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Hl2826
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Best Indian restaurant in town”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I've been here about 5 times now since January and would say this is by far the best Indian restaurant in Swindon. Even happier to have found this place since its 10 min walk from home. I'm Indian myself and it's refreshing to find a place which is not "just another curry house" . Each time we've visited at least half the tables are taken by the local Indian residents - not something you find in other Indian restaurants.

The menu offers some traditional more well known dishes; but there are also some more authentic dishes; Indian street food items which you don't normally find on Indian menus. For example Bhel poori starter is amazing; Gol Guppas are spicy and Aloo Tikki is very tasty. Staff very friendly; atmosphere is warm and very relaxed. Wine list includes Indian wines which is also unusual. Desserts offered are also different and very tasty - not your standard kulfi options from the freezer which other places offer.

This is my first choice for an Indian meal in Swindon...and probably in Wiltshire. If you want to taste some different Indian food which is truly authentic - then go here.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank pamjones_73
“Great food!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Have been to the Rangoli quite a few times, both in the restaurant and to get takeaways and the food is consistently good. I like the fact it has things that you don't find anywhere else, and that there's always a good mix of English and Indian people there.

The waiting staff were really nice - happy to explain what things were, checking that all was ok with our food and making sure we had enough to drink!

So, to the food:
Onion bhaji: tasty, spicy morsels
Ghobi pakoda: A cauliflower version of a bhaji - really nicely spiced
Bhel puri: the menu says 'a classic puff rice, served with chutneys'. This was amazing (apparently an Indian street food) - like a spicy, crunchy, soft version of the best Bombay mix you've ever had! You get loads too - probably best to share! You have to try it - I just can't describe it!
Railway lamb curry: the signature dish - slow cooked lamb in a spicy, cinnamony sauce - delicious!
Madras chicken - really spicy but probably the most disappointing; I think, if we'd had just this, it would have been fine, but it didn't have the depth of flavour of everything else.
Saag chicken: Not very spicy, but with a great depth of flavour and almost creamy. A great colour, due to the sheer amount of spinach
Naan: Tasted freshly cooked

In the past I've also had the Kerala fish curry, which is awesome and incredibly spicy!

Would definitely recommend this to anyone.

• Visited April 2014
Swindon, United Kingdom
“The best curry in Swindon”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hidden little gem is amazing. This is the third time I've been here and it gets better each time.
The vegetarian food is second to none. I never know what I'm going to eat there, I just go along with the great recommendations from the waiters.
You have to try their amazing Golgappa as a starter. I had never heard of them but they blew my mind! Equally the Bhel Puri.
It is great to have a different selection of vegetarian dishes to choose from instead of the ususal suspects.
I highly recommend any of their Paneer dishes, for me they are the best I've ever had.

Ever wondered where the Indian families eat in Swindon? Wonder no more.

Come on Swindon, support this great little restaurant.

• Visited March 2014