“Fantastic food and excellent service - you must try it”
Review of New Delhi

New Delhi
Ranked #40 of 449 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food and excellent service - you must try it”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My friends and I visited Rangoli last night for a 2 course meal. Both the waiting staff were very friendly and helpful, the manager was so polite and chatted to us for a while about what to order and the varying items on the menu that he explained were from all parts of India.

The menu was varied with a good mix of meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes. The food was very well presented and tasted so different to Indian food I have tasted before - really flavoursome and fresh.

My boyfriend is a chef and he was even impressed, and could tell it was freshly made.

I will definitely be going back to eat in and for take-aways. 5 Stars - thank you!

(Marked as Average for bar scene as it is a restaurant not a bar, and Average for outside seating as it is non applicable).

• Visited July 2014

Wiltshire
“Rangoli”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Great food at great prices. Highly recommend.
Only negative had too ark 10 minutes away , but worth the walk.

1 Thank bluesfanWiltshire
Swindon, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent authentic experience topped off with excellent service!!!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

After purchasing a groupon voucher for a non heard of curry house, my husband and I booked a table on a Friday at 7pm. We were the only ones in the restaurant, but we're soon Accompanied by other fellow diners. The restaurant was contemporary in design and very clean, the staff were attentive, knowledgable and very friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The menu was different from most curry houses as contained authentic food native to India which does not normally appear on the run of the mill Indian restaurants. I can say that my husband and I were very impressed with the starter and main course's, which were both very well spiced and well cooked, the Jaipur rice which was recommended by our waiter, was certainly very tasty, and the garlic nan bread was, in our opinion one of the best naan breads we have had in Swindon. We will definitely be dining there again, and will highly recommend to our friends and family.

• Visited June 2014
“Very welcoming and tasty food... I'll be back!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Turned up on a Thursday night at 7pm; the restaurant was empty so no problem in getting a table for 4.

Menu was focused with several vegetarian starters, mains and sides.

The vegetarian set meal was just under £12 but in the end I opted for the polti starter (bit like golf-ball sized parcels of curried veg in a samosa like pastry), saag-aloo, tarka daal and aloo-paratha as my veggie main course. Service was prompt, friendly and very polite.

The food was very good; I asked for the tarka daal to be medium-hot but I think they must have forgotten to spice it up. Nevertheless everything was very tasty and enjoyable. A few pints of lager each, with our starters, mains and rice/breads came to £25 each.

Likes:
+ Good, tasty vegetarian options (see pictures)
+ Some items on the menu you don't normally find in Indian restaurants
+ Friendly staff
+ Reasonable portion sizes

Dislikes:
- A little pricier than usual
- Ambience rather subdued

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Really worth a visit”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

After not being able to find a gastro pub that was on trip advisor, we stopped a cyclist and asked could he recommend a restaurant within walking distance. He gave us directions to Rangoli and even waited to make sure we found it!

Anyway, we had a brilliant meal there. Railway lamb is a definite winner and none of the food was greasy. It was a limited menu, but plenty to choose from and it was freshly cooked. The food and drink was also reasonably priced and the food wasn't created for the European market, it was real Indian food.

Staff were very polite and welcoming, we were so glad we didn't find the pub.

Can guarantee you won't be disappointed with this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014