“Large fry up and quality grub”
Review of The Cafe - MOVED

The Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
United Kingdom
“Large fry up and quality grub”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had a few fry up's in the morning at The Cafe since it changed hands. Food is generally well cooked, though my complaint with most cafe's doing fry-ups/breakfast are cheap bangers.

• Visited February 2014
hadibrooks, Owner at The Cafe, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hi
Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it.
We agree that sausages are such an important part of a cooked breakfast which is why we selected fresh butcher's Cumberland sausages for our menu. We cook them in the oven rather than frying them so they're not too greasy. We're really sorry you didn't like them, we generally get good feedback about our bangers.
We hope to see you again soon.
Hadi

• Polish first
Newport, United Kingdom
“Greasy spoon, but without the grease”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a breakfast here last week, and wow what a fabulous meal. As the title says, it was a massive greasy spoon style breakfast, but cooked without the grease. The portions were very generous and everything was cooked perfectly. We did have a short wait as a table of 8 had just ordered in front of us, but as soon as we started to order they explained there would be a short wait, as everything is cooked fresh. I had the full breakfast and Ann had the poached eggs on toast, which were also cooked perfectly. I would definitely go back, the next time we are in Swindon - well worth another visit.

• Visited May 2014
Wroughton, United Kingdom
“Old skool all the way”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Often pop in, when I can, as recently there have been no spare tables!

Great no nonsense old school caf, the fry ups are ace, I went for the biggest option and it was huuuugge! Propper man vs food, I persevered and finished it, they did do a variety of portion sizes though

Good quality ingredients & quick service

I love a good fry up, but hate it when places get it wrong, small portions or slow service, not here my friend!

• Visited April 2014
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Top notch.”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Me and my friend popped in on the recommendation of another friend, and we weren't disappointed! With heads a bit fuzzy from Saturday nights beer, a decent fry up was needed. And The Cafe came up trumps with the goods! Bangers were just as they should be, fat and juicy, and the bacon was thick and tasty. The eggs were great - unblemished and not oily, unlike the burnt versions I usually botch up! Topped off nicely with a decent sized cup of tea too, will look forward to returning.

• Visited May 2014
Swindon, United Kingdom
“good food”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great experience, good food served quickly, andlovely friendly atmosphere and staff couldn't do enough for all customers;)

• Visited April 2014