“A great place”
Review of The Core Swindon

Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Swindon
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Core is all about health, pure and simple. Providing freshly extracted juices and smoothies, a selection of raw and healthy cooked foods in an amazing environment.
“A great place”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Just got back from having a lovely Tropical Smoothie. All prepared fresh and was a great drink to have on a hot day in the DON! Its just round the corner so will be a regular stop off for me. So much better than Costa etc and really good staff.

• Visited July 2014

Swindon, England, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Seems to me its very very over priced. I personally didnt like the taste after going here a few times. Staff a nice enough. Considered there juice program, which to me is an absolute rob. Its okay, nothing special but just "okay"

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank webcrawler2050
Kris T, Owner at The Core Swindon, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
To webcrawler

Thanks for your review and I'm really sorry that you feel The Core is "nothing special". We work hard to create a really magic environment for people to come in and try juicing for the first time and learn about how beneficial juicing can be for your health if done regularly.

In response to being overpriced, our staff should have made it clear, but all of our juices and smoothies are made fresh and only use good quality fruits and vegetables, and that's not cheap. We don't use fillers, sugar loaded yoghurt or pasteurized juice, it's all fresh. Compared to other juice bars that do "real" juice, we price ourselves as competitively as we can, and if you go to London for example, you'd look at spending about £6-7 for a juice, whereas ours start at £3 for a regular juice, and go up to £4.60 for a large smoothie. £3 for a freshly extracted juice, isn't expensive in our book, but I'm sorry you feel we were.

I'm glad you raise our juice programmes as there has been two trains of thought. People that see them as just "drinks" like juices that you'd buy in the shop, I can appreciate how it is perceived as expensive. However they are meal replacements, they are all made fresh, they are packaged into a programme to take away. If you google "Juice programme delivered" we are the cheapest juice programme in the UK, as we can tie doing programmes into the bar, and make it as affordable as possible to people. The other type of person is some of the 3500 people that have realised what they are and have done a programme with us since we opened. The results of living on juice has been phenomenal. See our facebook page to see some of the stories and I cant encourage you enough to try a juice programme, if not with us, do one from home to feel the benefits.

We are really glad that you experienced some great customer service, we pride ourselves on being able to talk knowledgeably about juicing and our staff are a pretty friendly/chatty bunch.

We always don't like it when people leave The Core unsatisfied, or feeling unhappy with the service we provide, so I'd love to invite you in again. I'll personally get you a juice on me, I'm happy to talk to you more about juicing, and even find an affordable way for you to do a programme. (we can lend out juicers to people who want to try doing it from home). Thanks for your review and I hope we get a chance to change your opinion of us in the future :-)

Chief banana
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Good juice, but less of the dodgy science stuff”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Been here a few times and the juices are good. Recently more and more the facebook page is becoming a nuisance with lots of inaccurate 'facts' on nutrition with no real evidence shown to back up other than opinion. I'm a long term vegan and know my onions so to see much of this 'fear' marketing really lets the place down. We all know 5 a day is great and is good for health, and that sugar is bad but let us not forget that sugar is the main ingredient in a juice once the fibre is stripped away. Fructose, sucrose... Doesn't matter. I'd like to know if staff here are qualified to give advice relating to illnesses and see that a standard was set. If not then they should stick to selling juice with a smile only :-)

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Lydia s
Kris T, Manager at The Core Swindon, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hi Lydia

Many thanks for your review and you raise some great points I'd like to address.

Firstly I'm glad you like our juices. We pride ourselves on making up great recipes that are a great balance of nutrients, and I'm glad they've been to your liking.

Also thanks for your feedback on our facebook page. I control a lot of what goes out and try my best to give reasons as to why I post things online. The post you refer to about sugar, it's a good example as it highlights for the reader in a visual way quite how much refined sugar goes into processed and packaged drinks. We didn't give an opinion on it specifically, the facts were from the bottles as to how many grams of sugar were in each drink. This wasn't made by us but we wanted to share something a school had made to make pupils more aware how much refined sugar goes into drinks. It's also something we may use when we do our school talks too.

In terms of sugars in juices though I think it's great to make the difference clear as a raw, unprocessed, unrefined fruit sugar, is treated differently by the body than refined processed sugar. Yes the fibre is stripped away but the body doesn't have anywhere near the same blood sugar response with a fresh apple juice than it does refined sugars found in soft drinks.

Also at The Core we make most of our juices with 50% vegetables in them, so any sugar content is reduced further. We've had many people with type 2 diabetes do a juice programme with us, who've had almost no blood sugar response as their bodies are able to process the raw juices with ease. The fact we mix in 50% veg, plus blend in things like avocados also helps too.

Most of my nutritional knowledge has come from over ten years of reading about nutrition from a host of authors on the subject, including working for Jason Vale for 8 years. I never claim to be advisors on health, but more encourage people to read up on nutrition too, and pass on some of the things I've read, and also the great results, from people with all sorts of conditions, have had with juicing.

You'll also get that with a smile too hopefully! ;-)

I'd love to have an opportunity to chat to you further about juicing, especially as you don't find a huge number of vegans in Swindon. It's great when you do!

All the best,

Chief Banana
“Favourite place!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Core is an awesome addition to Swindon. Healthy juices, yummy snack food and in a great relaxed environment that's akin to a Jamie's Italian. LOVE IT. :-)

• Visited June 2014
Kris T, Owner at The Core Swindon, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Fantastic that you enjoy the The Core for your businesses meetings. Our little cosy venue hopefully makes people feel welcome and business use is becoming more and more popular.

Next time try the mint choc roobios tea, it's amazing!

“Great for a meeting”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Nice atmosphere for informal business meetings, which often bring me here.

Great choice of juices, smoothies and teas.

Visited April 2014