“All you can eat Buffett”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of JRC Global Buffet

JRC Global Buffet
Ranked #114 of 434 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: Thai, Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For years now, JRC Global Buffet have been serving up fresh, mouth-watering dishes from all around the globe and all under one roof. From the colours and spices of authentic Indian dishes to the delicacy and simplicity of a Japanese Teppanyaki grill. From the freshest Italian pizzas to the humble British roast, JRC Global Buffet take pride and care over every one of the 300+ dishes served and enjoyed every day at one of the 6 branches over the south of England. It is a stylish yet casual dining experience for the whole family combining quality, authentic food and techniques in a great environment at unbeatable prices. With the food being prepared and cooked live in front of your eyes, this is a buffet dining experience with a difference. All of our restaurants are equipped with live cooking stations where specially trained chefs provide a show as well as exceptional food sourced and prepared as if located in one of the 12 main countries which form the foundation of the menus. And with the dining experience being a set price for all you can eat, you can literally have the world at your taste buds - but make sure you leave room for dessert, there are plenty to choose from!
Swindon, United Kingdom
“All you can eat Buffett”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Friday afternoon visit and not very many people in there but just how we like it
Food was good and all trays were topped up very fast
Nice open space and plenty to chose from to eat
had a few things from the specialist areas and cooked in front of me to my liking..
No pressure to eat quickly so they can turn around tables and tables cleared of plates very timely as when we went up for another plate our old plates were gone!!
Came out like a stuffed pig so can be all bad as I'm not into this kind of eating place to be honest but came out impressed..not sure what a weekend night time would be like though and wouldn't risk it at that time either!

• Visited July 2014

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good place but with a few exceptions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The restaurant is good, it's relaxed with a good range of tasty food in a clean and well presented restaurant.

I have been here a few times and don't get me wrong, I do like it but I have learnt what not to eat.

The majority of the popular food is snapped up so quick that it is replace before it goes cold or dries out. This is perfect for most of it with exception to the Thai area.

The Thai section get's limited visitors, so the food goes very cold. I had a table next to this section last time and noticed that no one went to it. The visit lasted a couple of hours and I noticed that some of the food in this area had developed a kind of crust over it. The staff occasionally came out and stirred it a bit when in my opinion it should had been binned and replaced.

I have a couple of qualifications in food hygiene from my past working in supermarkets and I am aware of the 'danger zone' which is food kept under 60 degrees C. I can't confirm the exact temperature the food is kept at but I'm quite sure that is was under this threshold by a considerable margin and I chose to stop eating at that point.

The other issue is that the food is very salty and you will certainly notice it.

I don't want to make it sound like it's not worth a visit because it is, but I have never seen staff testing the temperature or replacing old food so just make sure the food is hot before you eat it.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank connersz
“good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Been here a few times, the food is very nice. we went on a Sunday night was still quite busy, and had to wait for things to be topped up like the salad, which took 15 mins. Staff were ok but they were hard to get hold of when needed more drinks, but we did not mind, the only thing which let it down for us was the choice of desserts, maybe we just went at a bad time and all the good things had gone.But it was a good night out and will defiantly return anyway.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Freya B
“Amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My favourite place to eat! Been there so any times, so much food, always topped up and at such a good price

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Gwynith T
London, United Kingdom
“Really good choice of food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I would visit this restaurant again - buffet style asian cusine. Very good value for money £12.99 eat as much as you like.

Visited May 2014