“Rude stafff!”

The Abbey Mead
Ranked #192 of 465 Restaurants in Swindon
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Suppose to be. Family pub but then they dont like it when you bring kids in???! The staff are just rude food is terrible do not go here!!

2  Thank Bozzy123

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Wide selection of pub food at reasonable prices. There are some really good deals if you opt for a small main course with a dessert and/or starter. The food isn't fantastic, but it's not bad either. It was hot & filling. Service was quick & friendly. Everyone found something they liked & all of our plates were emptied! Perfect for a casual family get-together.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is a simple pub selling all the pub favorites. the burgers are my fav.

There is a wide selection and most of which is very well priced often with options of adding on extras for a cheaper price than the list price if ordered with a main meal.

Kids are allowed in but only in the dining area.

The managers are very nice even if the bar is rammed they always have a smile on my face which is good news.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

The place is spacious and tables well spread out and clean and tidy.
I visited for lunch with my daughter and ordered a cup of tea, in my opinion it was undrinkable it was only warm and had I added milk it would have been cold , it was changed but as it came out of a machine it was the same when I complained I was informed you should not use boiling water for tea it burns the tea bag, first time I have heard this one !!! I was not impressed I then asked for a free black coffee to replace the tea and I was told off handily he wasn't in charge I then asked him to ask for me. I did get the coffee which was also not hot. There was a simple solution to this all they had to do was apologise and put a kettle on and make a good cup of tea, it was not that busy.
I felt I was being made to feel inferior and we then waited 30 minutes for a jacket potato and a baguette which seemed a long to for a meal that was very easy to prepared,
Service with a smile did not exist and I felt they were rude.
I also visited a few days before where there was different staff more friendly, the food was fine for the price paid,
I would like to visit again but hope the staff have improved there attitude.
Sue f

1  Thank sue f
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Went into the abbey meads pub today and found the 2 male members of staff the most rudest I have ever met,firstly I am not one to complain about anything... We ordered 3 pots of tea and it was cold when we told the waiter/ bartender he came over and interrogated us feeling the outside of the teapot twice saying it felt warm to him..I could not believe what I was hearing... We ordered of the menu and were told what we were ordering didn't exist and tried to belittle us even though it was their in black and white... We Then overheard him mocking us to the other member of staff... What a shame as the main manager has always been courteous and friendly and unfortunately he has employees that are seriously letting him down

3  Thank victoriaSwindon