“fantastic food, fantastic value!!”
Review of Texicans' Cantina & Grill - CLOSED

Texicans' Cantina & Grill
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Seating
Description: Here at texicans cantina&grill expect only the finest Mexican and American food. We have everything from fajitas, chimichangas and burritos to ribs, steak and pulled pork.We make all our sauces in house useing the freshest ingredients, which gives our food a unique taste that you wont find anywhere else!!! Come down and give us a try, you wont regret it!!!
Swindon, United Kingdom
“fantastic food, fantastic value!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The menu was extensive but great value with big portions and great value food. Much better food and service than a big chain restaurant like chiquitos Tec. Would recommend. Sweet men was good too. Homemade waffles are awesome! Get down there

“Very average”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Visited recently, I've split the review as follows -

Food - Ok, but certainly nothing to right home about. I had the 'buffalo' wings to start, which if you have ever had proper buffalo wings in America you will know should be spicy - these weren't. The burger that I had for a main was fine, but no better than you would get in a pub. Tried to order a coffee afterwards but was told that the machine was broken.

Service - Perfectly pleasant, and I could tell that the staff were trying although they are clearly still learning so no criticism there.

Value - Pretty good actually, much cheaper than Chiquitos at Greenbridge and other restaurants in town. On a par with pub prices.

Atmosphere - Not great. Cheesy 'Mexican' music playing in the background, and when we visited it was very empty (at 6 in the evening) so it was a bit soulless.

It is a new restaurant so hopeful they will improve - Swindon can do with more independent places so I hope they do. Will try again in a few months.

Swindon, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Lovely new restaurant in Swindon specialising in a mash up of Texan and Mexican food including lovely fajitas, burritos and pulled pork burgers entitled Pig on Cow.

Lovely atmosphere and fresh decor. Great music played to evoke that Mexican vibe and some stunning cocktails.

Check it out. Recommended.

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FOODTASTIC!!!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

So where to start, I am what some call a picky eater. I'm not really into posh food but love good honest flavourful food.

I live in London but travel all over england and over seas with my work. And this Saturday happened to be in Swindon. I love Mexican food and had seen this restaurant earlier on in the day so thought I'd try it out. If I'm very honest I was wasn't expecting much because I have been to many Mexican restaurants and been bitterly disappointed in the past, but boy was I in for a shock!

I started with a starter of nachos and had the optional extra of pulled pork. WOW!!!! Pulled pork was to die for. I asked how they got there pork so good but was told that it was secret and I don't blame them for not sharing it.

Next was time for my mains which was a chicken burrito. It's not a take away type of burrito was my first question. I like it the proper way of my Mexican rice and refrained beans to be seperate, which was confirmed. 5-10 minutes later my food arrived and I was shocked by the amount of food on my plate. All I can say is it's lucky I've got a good appetite because I hate waiting food! DELICOUS is all I'm gonna say about that! Washed this down with a lovely margarita then then had a desperados and was truly content.

The only 2 negative things I have to say about this place is I was to stuffed to get a pudding and that the group of ladies sitting next to me we're very loud, but that isn't the restaurants fault but thought I'd just put it out there as I'm trying to be very honest about my experience.

All in all if I'm ever in Swindon again I know where I'll be eating. Thanks for a great meal guys.

1 Thank Dan-77-t
“PERFECT!”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Loving Mexican food - this place had a lot to live up to, along with being a very strict vegetarian, but live up it did! The quality and quantity of the food was great, the service was very good, everyone couldn't do enough for you, and to top it off, the prices are very good too!! Once the take away is up and running, they will be on speed dial!!