“Fantastic day out ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of All Your Life Medi-Spa - CLOSED

All Your Life Medi-Spa
“Fantastic day out ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend won a midi-spa so we both was excited as never been to a spa before when we arrived we were given glasses of champagne which was nice then we was shown to the vibrating machines which was very funny as it shakes every part of you so lots of giggles .

After we went on the massage beds and was left to relax for 45 minutes which felt wonderful on our body's , then my girlfriend had her hair and make up done by a celebrity artist while I sat and watched with another glass of champagne then we was taken to have our photos which were amazing and very funny in some as well we enjoyed a afternoon tea of cake scones and fruit and a cuppa while we was waiting to look at our photos we was really happy with our pictures then after some ruthless decisions we brought a package which was very good value for money ,

All the staff was very friendly didn't rush us a throughly brilliant day a special thank you for Sharon and the team we will be back Wayne +Emma :)

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Avoid like the plague”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We purchased a groupon offer and whilst trying to book in our treatments through the website we 'Won a Medi-Spa Half-Day experience'. We were excited. But that lasted all of about 2 seconds. Turned up at unit 24 of an industrial estate. Was greeted by a scruffy girl on reception and told that they had left me a voicemail to say my experience was cancelled due to their photographer letting them down... Needless to say i recieved no voicemail. Either way they were quick to offer us the rest of our package minus the makeover and photoshoot so we weren't too disheartened. However, it all went down hill from there. No glass of anything on arrival (let alone bubbly or juice as promised). Told to leave our bags and coats in the 'restaurant/cafe' (general messy eating) area which i wasn't too happy about. Were then literally thrown into a square room with two vibroplates which she set to 10 minutes and then left us to our own devices. Not relaxing at all, made me feel sick and was very boring. We were then meant to have the massage beds but instead we were told to use the spa (if you can call it that) so we collected our hard, smelly robes and towels (no flip flops provided). Changing rooms weren't particularly clean, toilets were filthy and had tonnes of tissue stuffed down them. The jacuzzi had an unbearable smell - literally smelt of sewage. The steam room wasn't much better but slightly masked by whatever oil they use. Signs of damp everywhere. All of 4 chairs provided in the spa. We got bored and felt dirty so went to get changed back into our clothes and headed up for 'lunch'. Wow - a cake stand with 3 tiny triangles each of brown bread with a smither of cream cheese, a huge pile of limp lettuce, some half decent fruit which was the best part, some cheap dry scones with jam and MELTED SQUIRTY CREAM! (tragic) and a piece of lemon drizzle which was actually quite nice. All in all the whole experience was horrendous and not worth the hour drive from bristol. They told us to rebook for our makeover but we ran out as quick as we could. I'm genuinely not sure how they get people to part with money to attend this place. It has a LONG way to go before i would consider ever going back.

Visited May 2014
8 Thank Emmalouando
Swindon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Avoid!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I won a half day medi spa experience for two, so given that I have been very ill for a while, even though I'd had a bad experience with this chain in the past (see below) my best friend took the day off and we went together.

On the day, I was called up by the 'spa' and asked if we could come in early. I explained that were about an hour's drive away but could set off straight away, and their first response was to ask if we wanted to come another day! They clearly didn't want to bother with their last appointment of the day, unless we could get there immediately. I said that we would set off immediately and be there asap. We arrived about an hour early. So, having come early to do them a favour we were supposed to have our relaxing treatments (just what we needed after a busy morning and a mad dash to Swindon from the Forest of Dean!) followed by makeup, hair and photoshoot. Because their staff had gaps between clients they reversed the order of our day and instead of leaving looking ready for a glam night out, we left in our gym kits with our lovely curls all squashed after lying on a rubbish vibrating bed for half an hour. It was funny, but not relaxing.

The afternoon tea was tiny, and we only got it after we reminded them we hadn't eaten. It consisted of a couple of tiny triangles of cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches each, a mini scone each with squirty cream, and a few slices of kiwi fruit and oranges.

The staff were lovely, but we only received two of the three treatments we were promised. We left laughing, but for all the wrong reasons! Do yourself a favour, go somewhere else. Oh, and having spent almost £100 on photos, they sent us off with a blank CD!

(My previous experience was at the Cheltenham one a couple of years back where I had a massage in a freezing underground room with a mini heater that kept cutting out, and a file and polish that was so bad even the manager agreed it needed to come off. I was sat around waiting for 45 mins just to have the polish removed, after which I just told them I was leaving. Because it was a groupon deal, they wouldn't even give me a refund. Oh, and when I went to the loo I overheard the lady who did my nails being told how to do nails, as if she had never done them before! Awful!)

I really thought that the Swindon one deserved a chance, but after my experiences at two different branches, I will never ever use or recommend this chain. Please ladies, if you love a spa experience, this is not the place for you!

I would not go back. Not even for free.

Visited May 2014
7 Thank Angela H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Have a Spa Day at your own peril”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I am very surprised that this place still is trading and hasn't been shut down by environmental Health. Once you have seen and heard about this place you will think twice about going there.

Well we had a Spa day and the changing room floors were covered in Mud and Hair, the floor hasnt been cleaned for months as how black and ground in the dirt was. Muddy footprints in the Spa and the floor was so wet that a lady fell over on the tiles. The place smell damp. We were told by a member of staff that some days they don't even have clean towels they just tumble dry old used ones.....and they also use these to clean the floors!! I did speak with a therapist who was still at college!!! So they cant be fully qualified therapists...Legal??

Showers looked they hadn't had a good clean in months, moldy shower gels and limescale and hair in the bottom of the basin. Toilet's dirty...had to ask for loo roll hand towels were covered in stains. The hallway to the treatment rooms was actually black with dirt ( low lights slightly hide it though). The hallway smelt like sewage too.

Please don't waste your time, your probably end up with an illness!!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank S S
Devizes, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Underwhelming, disappointing and a terrible lunch! ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I attended the 'spa' with my friend using, yes you guessed it, a voucher I purchased at Christmas. This was supposed to be my friends present. On arrival we wasn't actually expected, we were told to sit while the lady sorted it out. We were offered nothing to drink. We were then given forms to fill and shown into the changing room. Apparently our treatments were not for another 2.5 hours. This would not usually be a problem at a spa? Swim, relax in warm fluffy blankets, read your magazine, sauna, hot tub, bowl of fruit etc....except - 5 chairs, 1 smelly jacuzzi a pitch black steam room and a disgusting home filled water drinks dispenser with so much cucumber in it you may as well of been drinking body shop facial toner, all out of plastic re usable green cups. We were lucky enough to get to sit though, others arriving later had the option to sit in the jacuzzi or steam room! Forgot to mention the robes were dirty and not at all fluffy and no flip flops, which were needed as the floor is so slippery. We were fetched after an hour (it was really cold, we used both dirty robe and towel as a blanket) and taken to the power plates - no thanks, I am here to relax not get wobbled about and then onto the 'massage bed' the room is cold and we are subjected to boy zone, really? The bed luckily warms up but I still need to locate the heating and turn it up a bit. People stroll in and out, I ask for a glass of water - yes you guessed it, another glass of beauty product. I would kill for a cuppa by this point. The bed was a good opportunity to chat, that's about it. We went from the bed to our afternoon tea. I felt sorry for the lovely girls who had to serve it. What a joke. The cheapest brown bread known to man with the thinnest scraping of cream cheese I have ever seen, cut into triangles, crust on. 2 dry miniscule scones pre jammed with squirty cream! And some lemon drizzle effort. A couple of slices of kiwi and orange, skin on. It was edible, we were hungry! The coffee was revolting. Cheap, instand and cold. Why not just serve one decent sandwich with a nice apple or something? Invest in a coffee percolator and don't ever use squirty cream! You have aldi over the rd. Go buy a decent size scones in the morning, they are nice and not expensive. The treatments I had were carried out by 2 lovely young well meaning ladies, I could not fault their manners or professionalism, it's a shame that they can't work in a nice professional environment. We went back to use the jacuzzi but all the seats were taken and we were feeling less than relaxed so we decided to go. People are saying that you get what you pay for, but if this was the few hundred pounds worth it was advertised as then you would have more than a few bad reviews on trip advisor to worry about. Would we like the same treatment again for the same money? No! Would we be paid to come back? No! Staff all really nice, your customer care sucks, your coffee sucks and I wish we'd just spent the day sat in the sunshine somewhere rather than in a cold industrial unit in Swindon. But if anyone wants a free make over voucher, my friend won one, ungrateful girl doesn't seem to want it......

2 Thank Pixien