“Not what I thought”

Ranked #6 of 44 Swindon B&B and Inns
Morden, United Kingdom
“Not what I thought”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I came here a while back and was ok and had good service however after tonight I doubt I will bring my services here! I was sitting alone on a table out of the way of everyone using my iPad to talk to friends and family, was wearing casual dress as in jeans and Oakley t shirt, I was abused by a horrible woman earlier on in the night to which I ignored then about an hour later I was confronted again with her in my face while her boyfriend looked on and done nothing! The statements she made against me were so vulgar I would not feel comfortable putting them on here! I went to the bar and told the bar staff who told me to just move tables? Really? Then I left for a moment and thought why should I be driven from a place where I have done nothing? I walked black in and expressed myself to another member of bar staff who said she would speak to that person. I won't be coming back here ever again due to that horrible vulgar person and the bar staff who done nothing! If u like being abused please come here otherwise walk straight past!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

One of the best hotels in the country, food , rooms and staff are amazing.
The disabled facilities are great
The location is perfect with country park on doorstep and shopping a very short drive away

Room Tip: all rooms are great (we have stayed in 4 of them) disabled facilities are excellent
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
brixham
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Booked for one night as we where attending a party at the Pub. Could not find fault with a single thing, Perfect setting, spotless through out, Friendly staff and a Boss Man that brought it all together. There are 10 rooms that where built last year that are perfect with wi-fi . and Breakfast was as good as we have had anywhere. Next time we travel to Swindon wont look around on the net will just book in at The Sun

Room Tip: Any room is Perfect
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
London, England
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Went here for my birthday and we booked a table which worked fine, the waitress we had was quite abrupt and not the friendliest of people think she was in the wrong job!! Asking for a drink was like asking for the earth! Didn't really come over and ask for drinks we had to wave someone else down to get a drink.

The food was really nice and tasty and came out in good times.

I would go back as it is the waitress that let down this experience!

• Stayed April 2014
basingstoke
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We booked a room here along with other family members as we were all attending a party nearby. Really exceeded our expectations and was open mouthed when we were shown out rooms. Beautifully decorated, fresh, clean and modern. Excellent value for money! I will definitely be back. Great place with good facilities, friendly helpful staff and a proper English brekkie.

• Stayed May 2014
LINCOLN
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed for one night on Saturday 29th March.

Although we arrived before the designated 14.00 hrs, the staff checked whether the rooms were ready; and they were so we were given the keys and taken to the rooms. A nice touch.

The rooms had tea + coffee making, nice biccies too. The bed was really comfortable and the shower was excellent. The rooms were spotless.

A great location for Coates Water park.

We had a spot of lunch which was very nice and also we had evening meal which was also very nice.

In the morning were went for breakfast... WOW. Good quality and loads of it. None of our group could finish it.

Only one thing they could improve; there is a patch of mud at the entrance to the play area which could do with being covered with either sand or bark.

But it is a great facility for kids.

If visiting Swindon again, I will use this hotel again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Qawra, Malta
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I'm not one who usually bothers about reviews, but I was so impressed by this place that I'm gladly taking the time to do so. Rooms are clean, cosy, beautify decorated, and well equipped! Staff were very welcoming and helpful. We were served a PROPER English b'fast every morning, rather than the pretend b'fasts other places offer. The pub food was delicious, portions were great, and very fairly priced! Well done & many thanks to all! Will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends