“Superb”

Ranked #8 of 45 Swindon B&B and Inns
Looe, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed for a night as our son was celebrating his 40th there. We really enjoyed our stay. The rooms are excellent. Large and airy and a very comfortable bed. A really good large shower. Nice quiet night. The rooms are behind the pub itself and you get no traffic noise. The food was very diverse and excellent value. And the staff are very good. Great front of house. We thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This place is great. Our room was absolutely lovely and so comfortable. The rooms are away from the pub so it was really quiet even though the bar was busy. The breakfast was lovely too with a big choice. Will definitely stay there again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

My third visit. This place is simply very good value for money. The service is great, the rooms are ideal and if you want to walk you're right next door to country park. Breakfast is included (even though I didn't take it up this time) as is wifi. What more do you need or want for c£60?

See my other review - as the sun had no rooms last night I had to ensure the village hotel. It doesn't compare on any level. Stay here you won't be disappointed.

Stayed June 2014
Haverfordwest, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I and my teenage son stayed at The Sun Inn over a weekend . The room was modern and clean in a separate building to the rear , well away from any of the noise associated with a busy pub. All the staff were friendly and helpful . The food was excellent and reasonably priced . The room was a twin room with wifi, TV/DVD, kettle etc , and with modern , tasteful decor and spotlessly clean . We were staying because my wife is in a specialist hospital , long term , nearby . I had intended to look for deals on late rooms each time we visited , but was so impressed that I agreed a deal with the hoteliers for us to stay at the Sun each time we visit her . PS on the night of the England v Italy match , they had a live band before the game called "Hangfire" - they were excellent !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Morden, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I came here a while back and was ok and had good service however after tonight I doubt I will bring my services here! I was sitting alone on a table out of the way of everyone using my iPad to talk to friends and family, was wearing casual dress as in jeans and Oakley t shirt, I was abused by a horrible woman earlier on in the night to which I ignored then about an hour later I was confronted again with her in my face while her boyfriend looked on and done nothing! The statements she made against me were so vulgar I would not feel comfortable putting them on here! I went to the bar and told the bar staff who told me to just move tables? Really? Then I left for a moment and thought why should I be driven from a place where I have done nothing? I walked black in and expressed myself to another member of bar staff who said she would speak to that person. I won't be coming back here ever again due to that horrible vulgar person and the bar staff who done nothing! If u like being abused please come here otherwise walk straight past!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

One of the best hotels in the country, food , rooms and staff are amazing.
The disabled facilities are great
The location is perfect with country park on doorstep and shopping a very short drive away

Room Tip: all rooms are great (we have stayed in 4 of them) disabled facilities are excellent
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
brixham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Booked for one night as we where attending a party at the Pub. Could not find fault with a single thing, Perfect setting, spotless through out, Friendly staff and a Boss Man that brought it all together. There are 10 rooms that where built last year that are perfect with wi-fi . and Breakfast was as good as we have had anywhere. Next time we travel to Swindon wont look around on the net will just book in at The Sun

Room Tip: Any room is Perfect
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends