“Ideal for the Speedway!”

Premier Inn Swindon North Hotel
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Swindon
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Ideal for the Speedway!”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Sited just across from the Swindon Robins Speedway Track, although that wasn't the reason we were there. We wanted a budget hotel allowing access to the Cotswolds and this was ideal. Friendly, helpful staff, both in the hotel and the adjacent Cold Harbour Inn (dreadfully unwelcoming name!) where breakfast was served. It's quite a large hotel and it was a fair walk from reception to our rooms upstairs at the other end of the building, so hold that in mind if you are not the most mobile.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
ManagerSwindonNorth, Manager at Premier Inn Swindon North Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
I am delighted that your recent stay with us was an enjoyable one, suitably situated for your visit to the Cotswolds and that you had a good time during your stay with us. I regret that you had a long walk to your room and would ask that you call us and request a room closer to reception. Though I am happy that you found the hotel and Cold Harbour facilities to be to your satisfaction and will pass on your compliments to the pub GM. We appreciate your feedback very much as this enables us to continue to meet the expectations of our guests and give you the best possible service. Thank you for your review, we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2011

The staff were really helpful and considerate and provided a fantastic service even offering to go out of their way to make our stay better! It really made the stay great - thanks and we'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for what you want - if you want a quiet room ask!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thanks for your review I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and my team ensured you were comfortable and well looked after. At Swindon North Premier Inn we strive to offer the best value quality stay and for our guests to receive a high level of service from the team. We look forward to welcoming your back in the future.
cambridge
Reviewed 29 July 2011

First time of staying at premier inn - definitely would recommend this one.
Friendly and very helpful reception staff. Rooms were clean and very comfortable beds.
Told to ask if we need anything extra in rooms. All rooms had a fan provided which was useful for the night we stayed. plenty of pillows and towels. Had evening meal next door in Chef & Brewer Pub/restaurant. plenty of choice - if possible would recommend booking table ahead - as this one was very busy. Breakfast is also served here which was buffet style. Plenty of it and good quality. A very happy experience!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mc159
ManagerSwindonNorth, Manager at Premier Inn Swindon North Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Thank you very much for your review I am vrey happy that your first experience at a Premier Inn was a good one and I am pleased to hear that my team ensured you were comfortable and well looked after. I will pass on your compliments to the manager of the pub. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and for our guests to receive a high level of service from our team. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My partner and I stayed here for two nights during the Air Tattoo at Fairford. The hotel is in excellent position for visiting but it really does need a refurb. We had to move hotel rooms when we checked in as there was a smoke smell in the room and the bathroom was grubby! There was a dubious smell coming from the bathroom sink area, i believe. We were moved into a better room, which was not quite as tired and didnt smell. It still wasn't the best room, even for a Premier Inn. And I'd like to point out that I have never asked to change rooma before. The staff were friendly and the pub next door, The Cold Harbour was pretty good. Both meals we had there were lovely. Didn't have breakfast there though. Would reccommend if you need somewhere close to the airfield, but other than that, don't expect too much.

• Stayed July 2011
Thanks for your review, I am sorry that your recent stay with us was not up to our usual high standard, please accept my apologies for this. At Premier Inn we make every effort to offer the best value quality stay and for our guests to receive a high level of service from our team. I hope you return next year for Fairford, or sooner and for us exceed your expectations next time. My team and I look forwad to welcoming you back.
bognor regis
Reviewed 23 July 2011

hotel was ok and was of the expected standard for premier inn - clean neat and comfy.
the restauant attached was a chef and brewer cold harbour inn.
Food was poor, service poor and food not of good quality. On the second morning there was no seating for breakfast so we were sat in the main pub area a long walk from the buffet.
When our cooked breakfast arrive the sausages were inedible and the rest of the breakfast was very poor quality, Also very loud music was playing.
Having stayed at another Premier inn iin May with an excellent restaurant I was very disappointed in this one. Also lots of ill mannered and sloppily dressed locals frequent this place The restaurant really lets this hotel down

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Swindon North Premier Inn. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and for our guests to receive a high level of service from both our team and from our partner food and beverage providers. I will pass on your feedback to the manager and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Hoylake, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Excellent beds, pillows, and room. Friendly staff. Good restaurant next door.

Room Tip: Ask for nearest room, if difficulty walking.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
I am delighted that you had a good time during your stay with us and that you found our hotel and facilities to be to your satisfaction. My team and I look forard to welcoming you back in the near future.
Cyprus
Reviewed 6 June 2011

have stayed in this inn many times over past 12 years. Staff always friendly/helpful and rooms clean and spacious. Very goog pub (Cold harbour) next door and adequate parking. the only minus side I can think of is that the rooms, although spacious and well equipped, are getting somewhat jaded and in need of some tender loving care!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
I am delighted that you have always had a good time during your stay with us at Swindon North. We at Premier Inn appreciate your feedback very much as this enables us to continue to meet the expectations of our guests and give you the best possible service. Thank you so much for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.