Premier Inn Swindon North Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewscold harbourchef and brewerpub next doorthe pubgreyhound racingdog trackroom was cleangood nights sleeprestaurant attachedfamily roomhot wateron arrivalbit dateddouble bedstayed for one nightvisiting familythe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Had a stay at this hotel following a hospital visit in Oxford. We had to stop off in this area as we both had micro light flights booked in the area (2 different destinations). As one would expect from a Prem Inn the room was adequate. Nice touch to find a fan as it was hot and this hotel did not have air conditioning. The staff was helpful and friendly. We ate in the pub next door. Lovely food fairly priced and the staff were pleasant and friendly. I would definately recommend this hotel if staying in this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed in PI last weekend with my husband for a short trip around Cotswold's/Wiltshire.
On arrival we were met by a very pleasant member of the team, he was so professional, friendly,and a credit to PI, we asked about the locations of a few places of interest and he immediately printed off all the directions for us.

We stayed in room 100 very spacious larger than the average room, comfy bed (huge) and the usual choice of pillows. Room/bathroom was spotlessly clean.

We decided to eat in the pub just feet from the PI, it was okay but have eaten better, the cider on draft was lovely though.

We had breakfast the next morning, but we were not as impressed as the other PI adjoining public houses that we have used in the past it again was okay.

We would defiantly stay here again when we are back in that neck of the woods. A real friendly PI and can not beat it for the price.
F

Room Tip: Room 100 very spacious, when in the area visit Castle Combe.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rene51
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We have stayed at Premier Inns before and apart from problems with one stay near Heathrow have been very pleased.

The stay was no exception. Easy booking online and with reminders by text and a courtesy call on the day to confirm the booking and offer restaurant reservations. Very professional.

The reception was pleasant and efficient. The room a very good size for my family of two adults and a 13 year old. We all slept well no noise or disturbance. The price of a soft drink from the vending machine wa a bit steep and not a great deal of choice though.

My one problem with the stay and this is standard across Premier is the soap dispensers in the bathroom. I don't know if it is just me but I never seem to get them to work properly. One press gets a small amount and any further presses you either get some or the whole thing falls apart. It is easier to just to take the bottle out a spray manually. Annoying but not really critical.

Breakfast was very good at the Chef and Brewer next door.

So just a tiny bit off of excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Room was good as in most premier inns; very comfy and reasonably spacious. Receptionist on arrival was friendly and human. Parking is a bit of a squeeze though. The let -down was breakfast which I was looking forward to. They had quite a few people staying over the bank holiday Sunday to Monday but I don't think that excused the poor service. My wife and I were were plain ignored when we walked in by the staff who kept writing something until we made our presence known by edging much closer to her past the "wait here to be seated" sign. I was bumped into by another staff and spilled my drink while standing at the continental table - no apology. Breakfast was cold and irritating to eat - and took half an hour to arrive. At the end when I asked for seconds by 2 minutes before 10:00am (I was hoping to get something warmer) I was told it was up to the kitchen to decide since the close by 10:00am. Problem was, the breakfast was late (and cold) or I would have requested earlier. I got the meal in the end but in all an unpleasant experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Great nights sleep, excellent staff. The usual comfortable room at a reasonable price. Everything you need in an overnight stop without overpaying. Really comfortable beds, lovely clean and fresh bedding. Great bath and shower.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family