Premier Inn Swindon North Hotel
  • Pool
US$64
US$61
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$74
  • Restaurant
Village Hotel Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$77
US$53
US$50
US$73
US$70
Priceline
DoubleTree by Hilton Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$88
Travelocity
US$91
PremierInn.com
All reviewscold harbourchef and brewerpub next doorthe pubgreyhound racingdog trackroom was cleangood nights sleeprestaurant attachedfamily roomhot wateron arrivalbit dateddouble bedstayed for one nightvisiting familythe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Booked for an overnight stay, prior to local wedding....from check in to check out, staff and overall stay...an absolute joy. Dinner and breakfast wonderful..highly recommended above other budget hotels We have ever stayed

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2013

First stay in a Premier Inn and will not be my last. For half of what I have paid in other UK hotels I reckon Premier Inn is great value. Large clean bedroom with huge bed plus sofa bed. Bed was comfy with good pillows and quality bedding. Bathroom fine, quite big enough, fabulous shower, lots of hot water. Tea and coffee facilities, freeview TV. I thought Friday and Saturday night could be noisy but it wasn't. Either we were lucky or hotel is well sound proofed.
Great value breakfast next door at the Chef & Brewer, one of the best I have ever enjoyed.
Last but not least, smiley welcoming staff.
One negative...poor wifi signal and I object to paying for wifi. It is only free for half an hour.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I am normally very pro Premier Inn's (see my previous reviews) as they generally offered good clean rooms at reasonable prices but I was starting to think that the standards were slipping a bit and this stay qualified my fears.

It is not the staff they are great no matter where in the country you are but this hotel was looking very shabby and seemed very impersonal. But the real grip was that in all my visit’s to PI’s around the country I have NEVER seen mattresses’ on the floor for guests to sleep on.

To make it worse the room was so small (for a family room) that I was terrified of stepping on the kids as I got out of bed these was no room between sleepers. To top this off the bed made from a mattress on the floor had the pillow was facing towards the bathroom door meaning his head was about 4ft from the toilet and the gap under the main door into the room was so large he would have had light in his face all night if we hadn’t but a towel along the bottom of the door.

Breakfast… God I love the Premier breakfast! Didn’t get one this visit though because they don’t start serving till 8am and we like 80% of the guests who were staying on the same night needed to be at a local sports event by 8.30. Not PI’s fault but we did request at the breakfast venue if they could maybe start breakfast a little bit earlier and the request was flatly turned down.

This was our own fault for not checking the times but I think the hotel could have acted on this problem by either starting a little earlier or offering all of us that had paid for the Premier breakfast a refund of the difference between the Premier and the continental because I do not feel that a slice of toast, a glass of juice and a small bowl of Cornflakes represents value against a £7.50 charge.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Swindon North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At premier Inn we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed here on a late desicion on a friday night. I walked in and on arrival was welcomed and asked what i was looking for. I asked for a double room, which was £60 on the spot payment. Happy with the understanding that i hadn't booked, i found a double room (for me and my boyfriend). We were told breakfast would be next door in the 'cold harbor' pub which was fine for us. We went up too our room on the second floor. The room was huge with a large kingsize bed. It took us a good half an hour to try and work out how to use the shower though! Although, it was a great room it did get very hot in there during the morning that we were there. Coffee and tea was fine, but there wasnt much in the room for two people.. you could only have at least 2 each! and not enough sugar... whats 5 sachets going to do!!! There were no shampoo just a hair and body wash soap stuck on the wall which i thought was strange!! We decided not too have breakfast in the morning as we werent that hungry. but overall a very relaxing one night stay but i wouldnt stay there for 2 nights in a row.

Room Tip: Get a double room on the second floor ours was massive!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in August for work and it was ok.
The rooms are comfy but a little out dated.
But cannot fault the staff at all in anyway.
The pub opposite was a bit disappointing as the food was lovely but the service was a bit bad, disorganised and people running around like headless chickens not knowing what they are doing which ended up with waiting ages for food.

• Stayed: August 2013