It's amazing just how dull a company can make it's product. On paper all of the basic ingredients look just right; clean, well maintained, reasonably priced, pleasant well trained staff, generous room sizes, comfortable beds, good quality bed linen, a choice of pillows, free wi-fi, and convenient locations with good on-site parking - what could go wrong with providing all of that? If you have ever stayed at a Premier Inn that's exactly what you can expect and will by and large receive, and if you don't the company will refund the cost of your stay - even better you might say, and on paper I would agree with you. It's just that the actual experience never seems to feel as good as it should.
It seems to me that in their efforts to create a reliable, repeatable and efficient experience Premier Inn have missed perhaps the most important rule of product development - distinctiveness! While decorating everything in purple may be the company accountants idea of interior design it does nothing to add charm and character to the their offer. Every time I have stayed in a Premier Inn, departing in the morning always feel like being released from a Local Authority Care institution where the colour scheme was chosen to help moderate the residents behaviour.
It's hard to understand how and why someone at Head Office ever thought that removing the telephones from each room was a smart idea? Having to use my own mobile phone and pay to call the Reception while staying in the hotel is a 'drive for efficiency' gone mad' and a bloo_y cheek!
This Premier Inn was no better or worse than any other Premier Inn - very purple and very dull, and anything but Premier!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located within easy reach of the M4. For shops and local amenities Swindon town centre is just 3 miles away. Local attractions include a cinema, bowling alley, Lydiard Park and McArthur Glen Outlet Village for great shopping. Our Swindon West Premier Inn has everything you'd expect - incredibly comfy beds in every room and an onsite Beefeater restaurant serving freshly cooked chargrilled food. We also have the Whitbread Academy onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Premier Inn and Priceline so you can book your Premier Inn Swindon West (M4, J16) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Swindon West Hotel Swindon
- Premier Inn Swindon West (M4, J16) Hotel Wiltshire