The Carpenters Arms
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssouth marstonthe pubham egg and chipssunday roastfood menuchilli con carnean evening mealcooked to perfectionpuddingstayed for nightsshort staycooked breakfastfull englishaccommodationchaletbreweryradiator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The Carpenters Arms, one of Swindon’s gems.

Working 150 miles away from home for two weeks is a difficult time for anyone. I was very lucky to find this amazing place on line and called to make the reservation. On the initial booking contact, the chap on the end of the phone was extremely helpful and reassuring.

On arrival on my first evening I was made very welcome; the room was very good extremely clean with all comforts in side. The business is run very professionally and has a great family feel about it. The food is very good with plenty of variety to suit all tastes and pockets.

I would like to thank Bob and Barbara for their very warm welcome to their lovely motel and when in Swindon again I will of course book to stay, “if there is room”.

Even if you do not need to stay please go and have a drink in the bar and perhaps try the food you will not regret the experience.

Bob and Barbara my best wishes for this year and many more to follow

Room Tip: all of the rooms are excellent trust Bob and Barbara to select for you
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Derek K
freedomWiltshire, General Manager at The Carpenters Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Hi Derek,

Thank you very much for your kind review. Both Barbara and I really enjoyed our chats, as did some of the other guests. We do try and make the Carps a home from home.

Hope to see you again in the not to distant future.

Bob and Barbara.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

We stopped over for one night, to break up the journey from Cornwall. The rooms were clean, comfortable and well equipped with everything that we needed, lovely to find a bath as well as a shower. The food was good and competitively priced. Very friendly owners we were made to feel very welcome. Would like to return in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2011

This is ideal place to stop as a work overnight or for longer stays. I stayed approximately 3 months and would not hesitate to stay again. It is reasonably priced and the accommodation is a good size with nice facilities. Pub has good food at reasonable prices

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
freedomWiltshire, General Manager at The Carpenters Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Thank you so much for your review. We try to maintain the relaxed atmosphere that our guests seem to appreciate. We are glad you enjoyed your extended stay with us, and good luck with your next contract.

Reviewed 11 September 2011

Great place to stay just outside Swindon with 9 motel style rooms all well equiped. Pub has nice local beers and refreshinbgly over 7 veggie options on the food menu. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
freedomWiltshire, General Manager at The Carpenters Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Thank you so much for your kind review we do our best to ensure all guests have a nice stay. I have passed on your kind words about the food to my wife, herself a vegetarian, hence the range available.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

The food was so good and the room was so comfy that we decided to stay another night. The shower was the best one I've had on our holiday so far. I loved the selection of music (classical) in the dining room. Check in and check out were quick and hassle free. Plenty of room for parking and a very quiet area but only a short drive to Swindon if you want shops.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JulieSims
freedomWiltshire, General Manager at The Carpenters Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

How Julie, Barbara and I are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and you felt so comfortable that you stayed another night.

As for the music, I personally hate loud obtrusive, toneless stuff blaring out. Many people comment about the relaxing nature of the music.

Once again thanks for your kind words.