My wife and I, along with another couple stayed at The Carpenters Arms Motel, Swindon, owned and managed by Bob and Barbara. On arrival, it was evident that this was going to be something special. Although the chef was not there on our arrival, a full lunch menu was still offered.
The selection of food and drink at The Carpenters Arms was great, with choices of ales, cider and lager to name but a few. The lunch and evening menus were well priced and extremely tasty.
The rooms provided by The Carpenters Arms were huge!!. Included in our rooms was a larger than large king sized bed, two seater sofa and a dressing table ample for three wives!! All the items you would expect in a bathroom, including a bath with overhead shower.
Bob and Barbaras friendliness was more than what you would expect and this attribute is extremely rare to come by.
The Motel is situated a short distance away from main shopping areas.
We would recommend The Carpenters Arms Motel to anyone who is looking for friendliness, good food and drink along with extremely comfortable and well maintained rooms. We would not hesitate to recommend The Carpenters Arms Motel to anyone. Truly fantastic and thank you for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carpenters Arms Motel Swindon, is on the Wiltshire/Oxfordshire border and provides you with quality rooms at guest house prices. In the country but just minutes from Swindon, Shrivenham, Wanborough, Blunsdon RMCS, Honda as well many other towns.Our reputation for quality accommodation, food and Arkells Real Ales has grown to reach the number one for accommodation in Swindon, on the biggest review site in the world, TripAdvisor. If you wish to stay Monday to Thursday you need to book early as we have long term satisfied guests who stay weekly. Why choose the rest when you can choose the best. The Carpenters provides an ideal haven for the business traveller or tourist seeking peace and tranquility. The Carpenters Arms lies approximately 3 miles north of Swindon and is ideally placed for visits to Bath, Cheltenham, Stratford-upon-Avon and a host of Cotswold beauty spots. If you are looking for a boisterous, noisy, over the top establishment, The Carpenters is not for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Book Direct Rooms and Ebookers so you can book your The Carpenters Arms Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carpenters Arms Hotel
- The Carpenters Arms Motel Swindon, Wiltshire