Stayed here for one night after visiting a freind in swindon, the room was big, as was the bathroom, no carpets so it felt cold but heated up after a while, small tv/dvd player in the room was nice, bed felt old and very well used but not unbearable, the bath was nice and big, and the shower was hot and powerful.
Nothing really spectacular, the motel is in a secluded little area which was really quiet apart from the trains going past every few minutes.
Food at the pub was good, not pricey and nice portions, the drinks are nice and cheap (I recomend the 3B ale brewed locally).
Overall, not a bad place at all, but I wouldn't stay longer than one night and not really worth it if you don't have a car, as the taxi to swindon is £8.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carpenters Arms Motel Swindon, is on the Wiltshire/Oxfordshire border and provides you with quality rooms at guest house prices. In the country but just minutes from Swindon, Shrivenham, Wanborough, Blunsdon RMCS, Honda as well many other towns.Our reputation for quality accommodation, food and Arkells Real Ales has grown to reach the number one for accommodation in Swindon, on the biggest review site in the world, TripAdvisor. If you wish to stay Monday to Thursday you need to book early as we have long term satisfied guests who stay weekly. Why choose the rest when you can choose the best. The Carpenters provides an ideal haven for the business traveller or tourist seeking peace and tranquility. The Carpenters Arms lies approximately 3 miles north of Swindon and is ideally placed for visits to Bath, Cheltenham, Stratford-upon-Avon and a host of Cotswold beauty spots. If you are looking for a boisterous, noisy, over the top establishment, The Carpenters is not for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Expedia and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Carpenters Arms Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carpenters Arms Hotel
- The Carpenters Arms Motel Swindon, Wiltshire