this hotel is set in a beautiful setting of lydiard park. we were staying for 2 nights in a heatwave! the rooms are very small and very very warm! there were no fans available, and there was little effort to find any for us either. the beds were 4ft although advertised as a double room, all rooms were exactly the same they said and therefore there wasn't an option for a twin room. we opted for one sleeping on the floor 1) becauase of the tiny bed and 2) the heat. on the second night we managed to get a campbed and we took the matress off that to sleep on.
the venue was clean and the pool looked lovely but we didn't have time to use it. breakfst on day one was lovely and plenty to choose from the buffet they had. on day 2 we had to order from the staff (i assume because they weren't so busy). this wasn't as good as the day before, cold toast, toast not cooked, small breakfast and generally we felt we were being a nuisance.
the place is clearly more of a conference centre with rooms suitable for single occupants. bear this in mind if you book it. it was cheap and we booked through booking.com. perfect location for the christening we had in swindon that weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unfortunately, car parking charges do apply. The local council operates the car park for Lydiard, there is a small charge of £2 for 2 hours or £4 all day. Originally the former ancestral home of the Viscount Bolingbroke, Lydiard House is set in 260 acres of parkland with an ornamental lake, just minutes from the M4. Easily accessible from junction 16 off the M4 motorway, this outstanding rural location provides such a peaceful setting, yet the motorway, town centre and Swindon train station are only ten minutes by car. All 37 bedrooms are en-suite and have tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryer, as well as free Wi-Fi throughout the venue. Whether you are looking for a room for the night, a relaxing setting for your meeting, conference or training course, or a unique location for a wedding, you can be assured of a warm welcome and friendly service at the Lydiard House Conference Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LateRooms, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lydiard House Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lydiard House Conference Centre Hotel Swindon
- Lydiard House Conference Centre Swindon, Wiltshire