“Lovely food with over priced drinks and a patchy kitchen service”
Review of wagamama

wagamama
Ranked #44 of 472 Restaurants in Swindon
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed 7 November 2014

Main courses were really nicely presented, fragrant and tasty, but they serve modest portions for the prices charged and our party of six had them arrive one at a time over a 5-10 minute period.
Alcoholic drinks are ridiculously expensive as are the desserts.
Coffee is served in some of the smallest cups I've come across and with a price that's as silly as the alcohol.

1  Thank mac187049

Reviewed 6 November 2014

Me and two friends came here and had not a very good experience the atmosphere was hectic we ordered our main meals and one dish came first followed by my two friends 15 minutes later! So we didnt all eat together my food was cold didnt feel like it had been cooked long enough my froend ordered a soup dish was like drinking bland boiled water wiv bits of cheap cuts of meat in. Food had no flavour. Complained to management and was told food was cooked by order so doesnt have to come near all the same time which is stupid.even to fthe kept in on hot plate so when its all ready . (We shud all be able to eat near enough the same time) we didnt have to pay for our food which we didnt eat anyway! The manger was very helpfull tho and could only apologise not sure I would go there again

2  Thank emlee24567
Reviewed 3 November 2014

Unfortunately Swindon has a reputation of poor customer service in restaurants so with some concern I visited for the first time, having experienced many different outlets around the country, I was pleasantly surprised, the service was attentive & friendly with all staff clearing tables efficiently. My only issue was that a waitress brought us the wrong sides and we had to point out the numbers on our place mats, new I guess. While the others in the party were more than satisfied with their meal I felt that my chicken teriyaki donburi was a little light on chicken & sauce from previous meals in other outlets. Overall very pleased with service, will visit again.

2  Thank Barry1950
Reviewed 3 November 2014

Had a really bad meal here about 3 weeks ago on a busy Saturday. I'm sure they give great service for a relaxed evening or weekday meal but when we went for Saturday lunch it was chaos. We had to sit outside in the cold and waited 1/2 hour for cold unappetising food. We sent a full complaint and had a phone call from the manager who wasn't in that day and took our problems seriously. We had £30 in vouchers given to us as an apology but after hearing from disappointed friends who had also had poor service in Swindon we went to a London wagamama instead and had a completely different experience - professional, fast, friendly service and excellent food. I guess they're really taking a while to get up to speed in Swindon, we'll try again in a year or so.

2  Thank biner10
Reviewed 2 November 2014

Service very efficient, food came quickly- hot and tasty. Staff are fun and couldn't of done any more to make the experience any better. Thank you