“Excellent Value”

Ranked #17 of 26 Telford B&B and Inns
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Ideally placed for my business appointment in Wellington. Very clean and comfortable en-suite room. Staff very friendly and helpful. Furnace house is within walking distance of local shops, takeaways and an Indian restaurant.

I will definitely stay here again as it offers excellent value for money.

Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cambridge, UK
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I picked this B&B simply because I wanted a bed for the night that was inexpensive.

I called them on the afternoon of my stay to check when would be good to arrive etc and a very friendly chap (Jason, the owner I think) gave me instructions to check myself in (oh and he upgraded me FoC to an en-suite room).

Breakfast was nice too and I had a nice chat with the very pleasant woman who served it.

All in all, a simple and pleasant experience. Recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Douglas
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The location is on a housing estate and fairly close to road networks. The room offered was a small single at the front of the building and the private bathroom was accessed several yards away from the bedroom across a communal dining/ reception room- not ideal for a lone female.
The room had a stained carpet, lumpy bed with brushed cotton sheets that were rough and worn and a dirty kettle. Several guests (who mainly consisted of German builders) tripped back and forth to smoke outside and the room smelled strongly of unpleasant air freshener.
I declined to stay but was promptly refunded.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I had a great stay at Furnace house whilst working in Telford.

Clean modern room, great service and great customer service too.

Room cleaned daily, everything you need in the room including coffee making facilities and ironing facilities.

I would definitely stay here again when visiting Telford.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Booked here for 2 nights to attend BVNA Congress at the TIC. Very well positioned for events there. On arrival, I had the same issue as a previous review, all locked up, no-one to greet me, even though I had text the guy earlier in the afternoon telling him what time I'd be there. Another guest let me in. I had room one, behind reception. Was small, but had everything I needed. Really comfy bed with lovely sheets etc.
Breakfast was cooked to order & the owner was really friendly & attentive when he was there. Would use again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed here just for one night whilst away for the weekend to Ironbridge. The b&b is situated in a housing estate which we wasnt expecting, but the road was quiet, there was off road parking and the house was lovely.
We were greeted by Jason who made us feel right at home, the room was ground floor with an en suite, unfortunatly the only downside for me personally was the bed was too soft (I suffer with a bad back which had been very bad begore we got the house).
The breakfast was lovely and cooked by Jasons sister who was extremley helpful and a very good cook, we left very full!!
This place is a little gem, excellent value for money and nothing is too much trouble, had the bed been a little harder then we would most definatly have stayed the full weekend as intended.
The b&b is well situated and it takes at most 15mins to get to many of the attractions in Ironbridge, I can also highly recommend The Fox restaurant which is about a 10min drive and serves amazing food.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Laxfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I was travelling to Telford on business and booked Furnace House as I didn't want to travel up and down from Kent in the same day. I checked the place out on the web and although it is in the heart of a housing estate it had good reviews and google earth showed it to have a parking area at the rear. I use a motorcycle and I like to park off the road.
I arrived at around 6pm and parked at the rear of the building and then walked around to the reception to find it locked and deserted. However after a few minutes wait a young lady who was staying at Furnace House and let me in. She showed me where my key had been left and where my room was. She gave me a phone number for Jason the owner so I could text him that I had arrived and arrange a time for breakfast.
Initially I was a little put out by this but Jason did phone me and explained as he did not know my arrival time he had left the key out for me. With hindsight had I phoned him earlier he would have left the key for me in key safe he keeps outside the main reception door.
The room was a single with a 3' bed, flat screen TV and reasonably new bedroom furniture. I wouldn't want to spend more than a night or two in it due to its size but it was fine for a night. It was equipped with a sink and although no on suite it did have its own private bath room a few doors away.
The bed was extremely comfortable and road noise as this room was at the front of the building was minimal. The room had not long been decorated but unfortunately it looked as if it had suffered a leak through the ceiling that had not been repainted. Also the kettle leaked. This was changed when I mentioned it in the morning.
The private bathroom had a corner bath with a shower and was sizeable. It was let down by having no other means of heating other than the radiator which was off. Normally in mid may it would have been enough but it was a rather cold evening.
After an excellent nights sleep I joined other guests for breakfast at 8.30am. I only had cornflakes and tea but the breakfast on offer was a substantial cooked breakfast if required with toast etc. I met Jason who was very pleasant and good company to talk with.
When you bear in mind that this room only cost £40 for the night it is great value. Had the small problems I have mentioned not been present for the value that this represented I would have awarded it 5 stars.

Room Tip: The double rooms are obviously bigger and would be better if staying for more that a night or two. R...