I've stayed in a lot of hotels in my time but for some reason the Holiday Inn chain seems to have passed me by. That's a shame, because I found my stay here to be very pleasant indeed.
Hotel was easy to find, and had a large free car park so no problem parking. Receptionist was very pleasant and efficient at check in. I had booked an executive room which was on the second floor. It was a good size room with a window that looked out onto a wooded area. The bed was very comfy, and there were two sets of pillows - soft and firm, which I thought was a nice touch. Usual tea and coffee facilities and a mini bar (this was empty though, I had thought there was at least supposed to be a complimentary mineral water so maybe this was an oversight).
TV was good with lots of channels available. Room service was available, along with continental or full English breakfast served in the room if required. Upgraded toiletries in the bathroom were good. Shower was functional but a bit feeble. Bath robe and slippers were nice.
I had a phonecall in the room about an hour after checking in, just to check if everything was ok, which I thought was also a nice touch, not many hotels bother.
Wi-fi prices were a little misleading. I had read about a £2 connection charge, but it turns out that you can choose 2 hours usage for £2, or 24 hours (think this was £10) or more. I only needed a couple of hours so £2 was fine, but a tenner is a bit steep. Maybe they should think about making it complimentary as many hotels do, at least for the executive rooms. If you only need it for an evening, you might be better getting a few 2 hour sessions. You just ring down to reception to get a username and password, and the actual wi-fi service itself was fine.
I didn't hear any noise during my entire time staying here, despite there being some kind of party going on in one of the rooms on the ground floor. So, along with the comfortable bed, I had an undisturbed nights sleep.
Overall, very happy with this hotel and won't hesitate to book with Holiday Inn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge is ideally located just off the M54 and offers free parking. The hotel is adjacent to The International Centre and is only a short stroll to Telford Shopping Centre and Southwater Entertainment Quarter with IMAX Cinema, ice rink and ten pin bowling. Nearby is the wonderful Telford Town Park which offers acres of woodland walks and free fun in the many play areas, alongside high ropes, zip wire and mini golf activities. Guests can enjoy heavily discounted tickets for top Shropshire tourist attractions, available from the Hotel Reception. Ironbridge Gorge and its ten awe-inspiring museums are a short drive away. For dining, the on-site Olive Tree restaurant offers a hot breakfast buffet or continental selection. In the evening, choose from a frequently changing menu with dishes made to order using locally sourced ingredients where possible, and then settle into the Olive Branch bar for a coffee or nightcap. WIFI is available throughout. Ask about holding your function in one of our 8 meeting rooms. Relax in Revive Leisure Club: swimming pool, steam room, sauna and gym or book an appointment with our beautician. Birmingham Airport is 45 miles away. Capgemini, Windsor Life, Telford Plaza and the railway station are less than 1 mile away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge Hotel Telford
- Telford Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge Shropshire