“Very pleasant stay”

Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hotels in my time but for some reason the Holiday Inn chain seems to have passed me by. That's a shame, because I found my stay here to be very pleasant indeed.

Hotel was easy to find, and had a large free car park so no problem parking. Receptionist was very pleasant and efficient at check in. I had booked an executive room which was on the second floor. It was a good size room with a window that looked out onto a wooded area. The bed was very comfy, and there were two sets of pillows - soft and firm, which I thought was a nice touch. Usual tea and coffee facilities and a mini bar (this was empty though, I had thought there was at least supposed to be a complimentary mineral water so maybe this was an oversight).

TV was good with lots of channels available. Room service was available, along with continental or full English breakfast served in the room if required. Upgraded toiletries in the bathroom were good. Shower was functional but a bit feeble. Bath robe and slippers were nice.

I had a phonecall in the room about an hour after checking in, just to check if everything was ok, which I thought was also a nice touch, not many hotels bother.

Wi-fi prices were a little misleading. I had read about a £2 connection charge, but it turns out that you can choose 2 hours usage for £2, or 24 hours (think this was £10) or more. I only needed a couple of hours so £2 was fine, but a tenner is a bit steep. Maybe they should think about making it complimentary as many hotels do, at least for the executive rooms. If you only need it for an evening, you might be better getting a few 2 hour sessions. You just ring down to reception to get a username and password, and the actual wi-fi service itself was fine.

I didn't hear any noise during my entire time staying here, despite there being some kind of party going on in one of the rooms on the ground floor. So, along with the comfortable bed, I had an undisturbed nights sleep.

Overall, very happy with this hotel and won't hesitate to book with Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are on the second floor, and appear to all be on the side of the hotel that looks ou...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
ElisabethFrost, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Dear JonWolves

Many thanks for your kind review and I'm glad you had a happy stay and a good night's sleep.

I do apologise for any oversights on our part, never hesitate to ask for assistance when you stay with us, our team are always glad to help.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

A typical holday inn formula hotel, which is why I stayed there. I know exactly what to expect and as all I wanted was a clean comfortable room and somewhere to eat after arriving late in the evening I was not disappointed.

What was pleasant was the smile. The warm greeting. The telephone call after I checked in to see if everything was ok with my room.

The restaurant was basic, but again, warm and welcoming from the staff. A most pleasant experience after a long and tiring day followed by a 200 mile drive.

As always, my grumble is with the wine. Cheap plonk at exorbitant prices, but then I do write on the subject so often spoilt the other way!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jennifer

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review. Its good to see that you experienced our usual warm and friendly welcome ~ all the team work hard to ensure that this welcome is extended throughout the stay.

I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon, we have just changed the menus in our restaurant so there would be something new for you to try.

Kind regards,
Lis Frost, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We had a great time at the Holiday Inn at Telford this weekend -- a great adventure for the children (ages 3-6), they had fun just bouncing on the beds and running up and down the corridors, and swimming in the pool and the kids-eat-free were top attractions. Also very impressed by the manager, who was very hepful in fine-tuning our rooms for us.

Yes agree with tupandlt below that one request would be whether the pool could be a couple of degrees warmer ? - the children were OK (until they got out) but as adults-looking-after-children we were cold after 20 minutes.

We used the hotel as a base to see the Ironbridge museums --will definitely be back/recommend to friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
ElisabethFrost, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Biggleswade 213

It certainly sounds like you had a fun time with the family and that's what its all about on a leisure break - we're so pleased that everyone enjoyed themselves. You will see the response we gave to Tupandt that we did have a problem with the heat exchanger in the pool which is now resolved. I'm sorry it was cold for you.

We're a great base for exploring Ironbridge, only 10 minutes away. In fact, Shropshire's a great county to explore, bordering with Wales and the West Midlands, there's lots of options for every taste.

Hope you'll come back again soon,

Reviewed 26 February 2013

The hotel was very nice. The bar staff very good. The pool and fitness centre was nice, the changing rooms good with all towels supplied.

the beds were comfy and the rooms a good size. All clean and tidy.

overall i would give 8/10

good location.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Lanceneoman

Thank you for taking time to post a review from your stay and I'm pleased that you had a good time and were able to make use of our lovely leisure club. Your kind remarks have been passed on to all the team.

Hope to see you again soon.

Lis Frost, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

Used points for the stay so a bargain, lovely restaurant and quality food at very reasonable prices, staff a bit dizzy though-when enquiring about beauty treatments we were told that they were fully booked and didn't open on Sundays, yet on Sunday there was the therapist sitting in the bar with a coffee saying "it's quiet today"
Very close to the shopping centre though be aware that there isn't actually a town centre in Telford and you'll need to travel for food pubs and a night out

• Stayed: February 2013
ElisabethFrost, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Dear Fayre Trade

Many thanks for your review and I'm pleased you had a great stay. I was very sorry to learn of your disappointment at not getting an appointment with our beauty therapist. They do have appointments available on a Sunday but I would certainly recommend you and any readers make their appointments in advance so that you are sure to get a timeslot that suits you. It certainly helps to top off your stay. Please call our Leisure Club on 01952 527344 to find out what treatments are available and appointment availability.

We are really excited about the new developments happening in Telford which is currently undergoing a regeneration with a £250m redevelopment of the Southwater area of the town centre. Work has started to bring a new cinema, bars and restaurants to the area and our ice rink has been refurbished – all of which are just a short walk from the hotel.

We hope you will come and stay again soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights over school holidays as close to Ironbridge and hotel ahd a pool. Staff were excellent all through our stay. Very helpful, extremely polite and could not do enough for us. Only "blip" (other than us having colds!) was that the pool area was VERY cold and the pool was chilly too. Kids didn't seem to mind so much but far too cold for us adults to deal with. Worth a try as so close to Ironbridge and the staff are so good.
Food in the restaurant was excellent - allbeit pricey. And the breakfast a must have!

Room Tip: I think lower number rooms have been refurbished more recently. Our room was fine but needs a spruce...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear Tupandt

Many thanks for your review and I hope that your colds are all gone!

I do apologise that you found the swimming pool area cold - yes unfortunately we did have a problem with the heat exchanger and this required a new part to be ordered, received and then subsequently fitted and tested. I am delighted to say that this has all been completed and the pool temperature is now sitting at a very comfortable 32 degrees!

I hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Due to work I have stayed here many times. The staff are the most friendly people you could meet. I do not like the 'sir stuff' but the staff are very attentive and treat you like family. I have friendly banter with them all. The chef cooks a great choice of meals and whether you are visiting for the 1st time or the 50th time you are treat the same. The rooms are being updated at the moment and are only improving what is a great standard already.

Room Tip: There is no real need to worry about the room but just be aware that if you have a lot of luggage th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank YorkshireTeddybear03

Dear Yorkshire Teddybear

Thank you for your kind review ~ its lovely to get reviews from guests who have stayed with us many times, as well as those who are new to our hospitality!

Our staff love to make guests feel at home, but also like to retain a level of professionalism and we know this can be a delicate balance! Nevertheless, its good to read that you appreciate their efforts and this will be fed back to them.

I do apologise that you have had difficulty finding a luggage trolley, to you and any readers of your review, I would say that if ever you need help with your luggage, please never hesitate to ask, we are more than happy to help you out.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards, Lis Frost, Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Telford
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
#12 of 21 in Telford
Best Western Valley Hotel
Best Western Valley Hotel
#1 of 3 in Ironbridge

Been to Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge? Share your experiences!