Recently stayed here for a conference at the International Centre; Friday through to Saturday. I booked an executive room expecting it to be lovely and top specification. Unfortunately, the room looked like it had been in a time warp and should not be called executive; lovely modern bathroom - modern furniture bed, flat screen tv and chairs. However, the furniture such as dressing table, wardrobe was in a dire state and chipped.
Dinner on the Friday was delicious; myself and 23 women in our team had booked out the conservatory before the conference the next day. Excellent service from bar staff, waiter/waitresses and excellent food from the chefs.
I did sleep okay and their was a choice of either soft or hard pillows and other pillows could be requested from guest services.
Breakfast the next was well stocked with a variety of foods available such as fruit, cereals, selection of sliced bread for toast, hot food for a full english and made to order eggs.
I didn't use the hotel pool but it looked in good condition and very inviting (Bring you're swimming costume/trunks, if you have time for a swim).
I would stay at this hotel again but wouldn't book an executive again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge is ideally located just off the M54 and offers free parking. The hotel is adjacent to The International Centre and is only a short stroll to Telford Shopping Centre and Southwater Entertainment Quarter with IMAX Cinema, ice rink and ten pin bowling. Nearby is the wonderful Telford Town Park which offers acres of woodland walks and free fun in the many play areas, alongside high ropes, zip wire and mini golf activities. Guests can enjoy heavily discounted tickets for top Shropshire tourist attractions, available from the Hotel Reception. Ironbridge Gorge and its ten awe-inspiring museums are a short drive away. For dining, the on-site Olive Tree restaurant offers a hot breakfast buffet or continental selection. In the evening, choose from a frequently changing menu with dishes made to order using locally sourced ingredients where possible, and then settle into the Olive Branch bar for a coffee or nightcap. WIFI is available throughout. Ask about holding your function in one of our 8 meeting rooms. Relax in Revive Leisure Club: swimming pool, steam room, sauna and gym or book an appointment with our beautician. Birmingham Airport is 45 miles away. Capgemini, Windsor Life, Telford Plaza and the railway station are less than 1 mile away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge Hotel Telford
- Telford Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge Shropshire