“A Bit Pricey”

Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night of a two night stay in Telford. Restaurant was excellent but the hotel was a little expensive compared to others nearby.Whilst I'll eat here again I won't be staying at 3 times the rate of nearby hotels.

• Stayed: March 2014
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Shahzeen

Thank you for taking time to post a review after your recent stay and I am glad that you enjoyed your dining experiences with us.

I do hope that if you are ever staying in Telford again, you will investigate our rates on the internet or contact us direct to see what is the best rate of the day. Our rates do fluctuate according to occupancy and therefore it is always worth checking out the options available.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We have stayed here a couple of times but we checked in this time and we were upgraded to one of their suites. It was lovely, loads of space in two rooms, its a shame we weren't there for more than a night to have enjoyed it more. The pool was nice and warm and the spa was a good size.

The restaurant staff were nice when we had our evening meal and the food was nice. We also had breakfast there and enjoyed that.

We will probably stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tony and Kay

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a lovely review after your recent stay with us.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in the suite, and only sorry you didn't have long enough to really relax, though it certainly sounds like you made the most of the time you did have with us.

I hope you will come back again in the future.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I used this hotel to organise a conference with 35 delegates. From the moment I arrived in the hotel on a Friday evening, to the moment I left on Sunday, the staff were consistently helpful, cheerful and friendly. Everyone seems to love their job and it gives a great atmosphere to the hotel. The delegates almost all rated the facilities and food as excellent or very good.
Rooms are comfortable and spacious, bathrooms clean with soft towels.
I found breakfast to be excellent and if you require something that is not on offer, they will try and accommodate you, with a smile.
The conference rooms are well set up and everything is central to the reception area, so easy for delegates to find.
I will definitely use this hotel again for future conferences.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Essexgal64

Thank you very much for your kind review following your recent conference with us. We were happy to help you make the event a success. If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards, Lis Frost, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend event, the room was a good size with all the facilities you need, however the bed was AWFUL, it had sunk in the middle and was so uncomfortable. We complained to reception first thing in the morning asking them to please change the bed, when we returned at lunchtime nothing had been done, even though the room had been cleaned, we again went tho reception who told us it would be sorted, when we returned in the evening we went to reception who told us housekeeping had put a quilt and blanket under the sheet, they also said the hotel was full and they had no spare bed's, I insisted on speaking to the manager, the manager Helen was outstanding apologized profusely and agreed the situation was not acceptable, she accompanied us to the room to look at the bed, only to discover housekeeping had not put a quilt and blanket under the sheet, she immediately went off and 5 minuets later came back with a new mattress and changed the bed for us. Thank you Helen for your exceptional service, pity you have not got the back up from others. Food and other facilities were of a reasonable standard.

Dear ahfd

Thank you very much for your review. I have written to you separately as I was made aware of the most unfortunate situation in which you found yourselves at the weekend. I am pleased that Helen and Jane were able to resolve the situation quickly for you and I do profusely apologise on behalf of the team that the initial request was not fulfilled straight away. Having investigated, I found there had been a breakdown in communication between two departments which was unacceptable.

I do hope this did not mar your overall enjoyment of the stay and look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I work away a lot and often stay in Holiday Inn and think this is the best I've stayed in accommodation wise. Lovely room, good bathroom, comfy bed etc and bonus of a pool and sauna etc. Staff were excellent and v friendly and I would happily return. Only niggles I have are charging for wifi really grinds my gears in this day and age and there's really no need for it. Especially when so close to business areas so most people probably require internet access. Other niggle was food was very poor and not enjoyable at all, which for £20ish was disappointing. On the whole a very nice hotel and good night sleep and free parking always a bonus!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Rhymsey

Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review of your stay. I'm glad that, overall, you enjoyed your time with us.

I have sent you a private message to invite you to share some more information relating to your meal as it is very disappointing for us when we hear that a guest hasn't enjoyed their dining experience.

Nevertheless I hope you will come back for another stay with us, and thanks again for all the feedback you have given me.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This hotel is ok if visiting Telford for business. The rooms were very good and very clean and the public areas are what you would expect. The hotel is let down by its restaurant which over promises and under delivers at Dinner. Breakfast is quite awful - - baked beans are just topped up from old pans so there is an inch of juice before you get to the beans. Tomatoes are kept for so long that all moisture has gone and you have to scrape the skins from the plate. The staff here though are really good and a cut above what you find at other holiday inns

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Wiltsman 100

Thank you for taking time to post a review after your recent stay and I have sent you a private message inviting you to contact me so that I can find out more about when you stayed, allowing me to investigate the concerns that you raised.

In the meantime, please accept my apologies.

To readers of this review, I would like to assure you that this is certainly not indicative of our usual standards in the restaurant as I am sure you can see from other reviews.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. Easy to find with good parking. Check in was quick and easy with friendly and attentive staff. My room was usual Holiday Inn good quality, spacious and clean with all the basic trimmings. Usual good quality and spacious bathroom. Evening food very good with excellent service. Breakfast very good also with the same good service. Overall very good and no complaints.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear chippywarner

Very many thanks for your kind review after your recent stay. I'm glad you had a good stay with us.

I've passed on your feedback to all the team and we hope you will come back to us on a future occasion.