“Great room and staff but breakfast was overpriced !”

Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Telford
“Great room and staff but breakfast was overpriced !”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here overnight while travelling. Room was great along with staff. The only criticism would be breakfast for me and my wife would have cost £24.00 ! This was almost half the price of the room which in my opinion is extreamly overpriced !

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Peter D

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and have passed on your kind words to the team.

You might like to be aware for future reference that we do have vouchers available to purchase for breakfast on the day before, which are discounted. Our full English breakfast certainly sets you up for the day with a choice of cereals, fresh cut fruits and juices, breads, porridge, yoghurts, Danish pastries and all the usual cooked items.

Lis Frost, Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Reviewed 15 June 2014

What a fabulous evening! It was amazing and you felt you were in a wonderland. The food was out of this world and imaginative. The mad hatter and Alice were very funny . Overall an excellent night out.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear jaspwr

Thank you for your kind review and its good to see you were transported to Wonderland!

With best wishes

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Attended the Alice in Wonderland taste spectacular and food was exquisite and so creative. The staff were fabulous and the entire evening was first class. I have been to Christmas party nights here over the years and would highly recommend these facilities.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kalahari66
Dear Kalahari66

Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed our Alice in Wonderland themed evening.

I have passed on your feedback to all the team.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Average hotel, average rooms, average staff. A lady called Helen checked us in, the less said about her the better! Hotel is not in Ironbridge, you have to drive there. By putting Ironbridge in the hotel title they are technically lying...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Lindsay L
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear LinLu86

Thank you for taking time to post a review, though I am sorry that you were obviously not happy with your stay and I have sent you a private message. In the meantime please accept my apologies for any shortfalls in customer service during your stay.

With regard to our hotel name, Holiday Inn Telford/Ironbridge - our hotel is a short 10-15 minute drive to the Ironbridge gorge and its amazing museums, this is on our website. Ours is the nearest Holiday Inn to the Gorge and therefore that is why it is included in the name so that guests can identify us in the right area.

Tring, Herts
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff were all very friendly. The main downside, which was extremely irritating, was that there was no wifi access unless you paid or signed up for their loyalty card. Totally unacceptable from my point of view. The rooms were fine and there is a choice of pillow, albeit the soft feather I requested was far from soft but at least there were options. Breakfast had a good selection except a lack of bread rolls - I know you can't cater for everyone but this was a shame. The paper I requested never arrived and the staff were apologetic and recognised it was their error.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank lizzyb28
Dear Lizzyb28

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate feedback, both positive and negative, and I am glad that there were lots of positive aspects about your stay.

I am sorry that you had some disapppointing elements but I hope it hasn't marred your overall thoughts about us.

I can really recommend IHG Rewards Club membership as there are many benefits, not least from 1 July the fact that all members can access free WiFi across all IHG hotels, even when they are not staying.

UK
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business this week. Upon arrival I was checked in smoothly even though I was a late arrival. The room was clean and very nice overall however I discovered in the morning that the shower was not working. There was no water pressure due to a fault so having a shower was near impossible. I was late for breakfast and consequently was not a happy. Upon checkout I told the receptionist of my issues and was shocked to first be told I could not get a refund on the breakfast I had not had time to enjoy but after an intense discussion that was cleanly resolved. The lady on reception did not care about my issues with the shower at all and simply demonstrated that she couldn't care less. It's a real shame as I would have rated the hotel excellent as everything else was great but this one member of staff simply ruined my experience with her average customer service skills. To be fair after making a complaint; the guest relations manager was kind enough to call me and apologise but sometimes it's too little to late as what could have been a simple resolution ended up leaving a bad taste on the whole experience.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank akp247
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear akp247

Thank you for your review. As you noted, I did telephone you straight away to apologise for the disappointment that you had, and to explain that the problem with your shower was due to a fault that had developed in the mechanism and that as soon as we were made aware of it, the unit was changed. In addition to the refund for the breakfast voucher, I also compensated you for the fact that we let you down. Once again please accept my apologies and I hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel on a future occasion.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is quite a large hotel, well out of town, and probably catering mostly for the convention centre. The room we stayed in was modern and a good size, with a large, comfortable king-sized bed. We enjoyed using the pool, which was very warm. It’s not really designed for lap swimming because of its shape, but it is a good size, and great for children to play in. There was a swimming lesson for babies just starting as we left, and it would be perfect for that, and also for youngsters to gain confidence in the water.

As usual, I am annoyed by good hotels charging for wifi, when I believe it should be provided free of charge. At least the receptionist apologised about the charge as soon as we asked about wifi! Hopefully this Holiday Inn policy of charging for wifi will change soon! I didn’t have evening meal or breakfast in the hotel, so can’t comment on those.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Marionburkimsher

Thank you very much for your kind review, which I am sure will be helpful to readers and future guests of ours.

Our wifi charges start from as little as £2 for 2 hours, however IHG Rewards Club gold and elite members receive free wifi and from 1 July this will also apply to base members so I would really recommend the next time you stay in an IHG property that you join the IHG Rewards Club to gain this benefit, along with many other benefits.