Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Haughton Hall(Shifnal)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsswimming poolinternational centretwo double bedsair connice poolexhibition centreleisure facilitiestown parkleisure clubgood sizereception staffice rinkreal alestayed here for one nightplenty of choiceweekend breakrestaurant staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had one night at the hotel on Friday. Everything was clean and the bed super comfortable. Good old Hypnos you can't beat them! Everyone very friendly. Had a meal in the bar because the restaurant menu was very limited which was disappointing so we just had our bottle of wine with a beef burger. Breakfast was very good with lots of fresh fruit. We would return and hope that the menu improves by then thanks

Room Tip: Room 138 was very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobby18
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Bobby18

Many thanks for telling us how much you enjoyed your stay. It makes a big difference to the team.

I'm sorry that you found the restaurant menu limiting on the night that you stayed, but am glad that you were able to enjoy your meal in the bar.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Originally booked an over nite stay at the Ramada on arrival was told we had been overbooked and was booked into there sister hotel the Holiday Inn which did not please me at all on asking where it was, was told in a curt manner round the corner. Twenty five minutes later after driving round Telford in the rain and through terrible traffic finally stumbled on the Holiday Inn so you can imagine my mood on approaching the reception, gave a brief summery to the receptionist of my complaint as was reassured by Tracey the receptionist that we would have a pleasant stay and upgraded us to the executive rooms, we were booked in on a bed. Breakfast and dinner deal and she reserved us a table in the dining room for seven and told us there would be a bottle of wine on our table and would we prefer red, white, rose. We went to our rooms and was pleasantly surprised lovely clean rooms with robes., tea tray, toiletries. At 7 we went to dinner lovely dining room and true to there word a lovely bottle of red wine was on the table we were served by a lovely lad and I must say dinner was lovely food very well presented and tasted beautiful. I must congratulate the two Tracey that I dealt with on the professionalism and customer service they are a credit to Holiday Inn, thank you for making my Father's Day weekend special with your attention and willingness to please Thank You so very much.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear jac5

Thank you for taking time to post a review after your recent time with us and I am pleased that you did enjoy your stay. I am aware that the General Manager at the Ramada has been in contact with you already to offer her apologies for the disappointment at the start of your break.

I have passed on your feedback to the two Traceys who looked after you and I hope to be able to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Father's Day meal in a party of six - the food was outstanding quality, in generous portion sizes and the service was excellent - lovely attention to detail. Not the quickest or cheapest, but extremely pleasant meal in lovely surroundings.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Medicine_Man2004

Dear Medicine_Man2004

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review after you came to our Father's Day lunch this year. We were very happy to receive such kind feedback which has been passed on to all the staff that worked that day.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here overnight while travelling. Room was great along with staff. The only criticism would be breakfast for me and my wife would have cost £24.00 ! This was almost half the price of the room which in my opinion is extreamly overpriced !

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Peter D

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and have passed on your kind words to the team.

You might like to be aware for future reference that we do have vouchers available to purchase for breakfast on the day before, which are discounted. Our full English breakfast certainly sets you up for the day with a choice of cereals, fresh cut fruits and juices, breads, porridge, yoghurts, Danish pastries and all the usual cooked items.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

What a fabulous evening! It was amazing and you felt you were in a wonderland. The food was out of this world and imaginative. The mad hatter and Alice were very funny . Overall an excellent night out.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear jaspwr

Thank you for your kind review and its good to see you were transported to Wonderland!

With best wishes