“Great!”

Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Telford
“Great!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely time at the Holiday Inn. Clean and comfortable rooms and the staff very friendly. I would like to thank one member in particular Helen Jones who looked after us during our stay and went out of her way to make our stay special. Thank you. Great gym and swimming facilities, will definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2014
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear ej82

Many thanks for your five star review and please be assured that I have passed on your feedback to all the team, and Helen in particular.

We are always striving to ensure that our guests have a great experience when they stay with us.

Lis Frost, Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights

Hotel better quality than many hi

Excellent gardens to rear and free entrance to wonderland was great.

Breakfast was good

Only a buffet in main restaurant on 2 of the nights. I would not have booked had I known this was the case.

The room also smelt musty. I advised 3 times but no resolution was put in place. It really smelt bad

Great potential hotel but a few areas need improvement.

Stayed July 2014
Dear nirishweeman

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay and our front office manager, Sam, has already communicated with you in relation to the negative aspects of your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies and be assured that your feedback is appreciated and has been acted upon.

I hope to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Kind regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Booked the hotel online, two separate rooms at £49 per night, received email confirmation that both rooms were booked... Upon arrival we were asked to settle the account at £99, we then logged into the account to understand this further payment to find our booking had been changed to one room for four adults for two nights?! We went to the reception to address this to find the receptionist could not understand what I was saying, having to repeat three times, resulting in showing the confirmation of booking which then settled the booking to the original... very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 778craigj
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Craig J

I was very sorry to read of the difficulty you experienced. I can see that the booking came through online to us showing more adults in the rooms than there actually were, and the system had added an extra person charge on top of your rate. It was only when the receptionist then read your confirmation sheet that she could see and understand what had happened and correct it for you. I do apologise and trust this did not mar your overall stay with us.

Should you be returning to us in the future, please dont hesitate to contact me personally so I can assist you with your reservation to ensure a comfortable stay.

Paris, France
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, great room and great value. Friendly staff and very clean. I would certainly stay again. The rooms were spacious with everything catered for. I rate holiday inn and this hotel did not disappoint.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Covlass73

Thank you for your 5 star review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand.

I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Kind regards,

Manila Philippines
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I would like to tell you of a super new Matrix Gym ...I was like a child in a sweet shop I wished to try everything very exciting and great fun..consisting of 20 cardiovascular and resistance weights.wether you want to keep fit or lose weight,a specialized and qualified instructor will be committed to help you along the way...beautifully laid out and very clean and maintained...I look forward to going again ....soon Thankyou Tom he was most helpful..and a beautiful clean heated maintained swimming pool,jacuzzi,steam room and male and female Sauna,Sunbeds, Hair and Beauty.. etc free Parking.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear 689Rollingstoned

Thank you for your fabulous review of our refurbished gym within Revive Leisure Club at the Holiday Inn Telford. We're really proud of it and so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. I have passed on your feedback to all the team and in particular to Tom, to recognise the help that he gave you.

I hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights to attend business conference at the neighbouring Telford International Centre. The hotel was fully booked and check in was very busy but the reception staff were friendly and helpful. They came promptly when I asked for help with the air con and gave me a quick master class.
The room was quite tired and bland looking, but clean. The bed was comfy with plenty of pillows with an option of firm or soft. The windows only opened a fraction so the only option to keep the room cool on a very warm day/night was the fairly noisy air con unit.
I used the swimming pool and this was quite a nice extra for a business trip. The pool is ideal for getting in a few lengths but not huge. I imagine it'd feel quite crowded with more than 10 people in.
I'd stay here again but only if I was attending an event at the exhibition centre.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear mamazo3

Many thanks for your review and I am pleased that you found our hotel met your needs when attending an event at the International Centre. I appreciate the feedback you have given and your comments have been noted.

When our hotel is very busy, we do operate a booking system for the swimming pool to ensure that all our guests have an enjoyable experience.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

oxon
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had one night at the hotel on Friday. Everything was clean and the bed super comfortable. Good old Hypnos you can't beat them! Everyone very friendly. Had a meal in the bar because the restaurant menu was very limited which was disappointing so we just had our bottle of wine with a beef burger. Breakfast was very good with lots of fresh fruit. We would return and hope that the menu improves by then thanks

Room Tip: Room 138 was very quiet