“weekend away” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“weekend away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Booked 2 rooms for last weekend and arrived on time to book in only too find that one of the rooms wasn't ready so we went swimming for an hour and we were told it's still not ready so all 6 of us piled into one room and waited for another hour to be told that they had a maintenance problem with the room.they offered to move us to the other side of the hotel which we refused. The rooms have recently been refurbished and are very clean and modern with air conditioning. Breakfast was okay but very disorganised not the normal standard

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Robert M

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay. I have contacted you separately already to apologise for the issues you encountered. Unfortunately the initial delay getting in your room was due to guests departing late. Then when our room attendant was servicing the room for you, she found that there was an issue with the toilet flush mechanism and we did want to get this fixed before releasing the room to you.

I am sorry for the inconvenience it caused you but pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay on what was a very busy weekend for us.

Lis Frost, Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at this inn for two nights last week and it was fantastic! The rooms were clean and luxurious. There was a lovely smell throughout and the restaurant was second to none. The food was superb creative and lovingly prepared and the waiters couldn't do enough for you.

Room Tip: We were at the end which was quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Polly604

Very many thanks for your great review. I have passed on your feedback to all the team. I do hope you will come back and stay with us again on a future occasion.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Spent a couple of nights at this hotel to have walks around the area and for a break away with our little dog. As with other hotels, expected to be given a room worse for wear due to travelling with our pooch, but far from it. The room we were given on the ground floor (18) was spacious,luxurious and fantastic - I have paid 3 times as much for similar rooms in London, This hotel is really a gem in the Holiday Inn chain and if all others were modelled on it then you would never be disappointed. The location was fantastic with some great walks on the door step in the Telford town park. Breakfast and evening meals were superb with a genuine friendly service. The hotel also has a leisure club which looked lovely but we never had chance to sample. Overall this was a great weekend break and will definitely pay another visit.

Room Tip: A few rooms are set aside for travellers with dogs, room 18 was superb.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank pg_deane
Dear pg_deane

Thank you for taking time to post a review after your recent stay and I'm so glad that you and your four-legged friend had such an enjoyable stay with us. I do hope you will come back soon so that you can continue exploring the area and see what our leisure club has to offer.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed for my husband's birthday celebration. Had a lovely stay curtailed by my being ill. The reception staff were not helpful when my husband said we wouldn't be staying on Sat night as he needed to get me home but a conversation with the duty manager sorted it out. She was more than kind and sent me on my way with bottled water which I really appreciated. The meals were all wonderful and the chef very informative. We also made full use of the spa facilities especially my husband we likes a sauna and gym session. Our bedroom needed a bit of an update but it was clean and comfortable and very quiet. The hotel is ideally situated for the Ironbridge museums a well as Telford centre. We will certainly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had 1st floor room 148 which was really quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Grannyj

Thank you for taking time to post a review after your recent weekend away was curtailed by illness. I have spoken to you personally since then and we look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future so that you can really relax and enjoy all our facilities to the full.

Lis Frost
Guest Relations Manager
Bletchley, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

My son and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights to visit ironbridge and surrounding areas.On my second night I had run out of the small pots of semi-skimmed milk,i asked one of the housekeppers if I could have some more,she said she would put some in my room.I came back to a note saying they had run out of them and she had put some milk in a jug in the fridge,i don't have a fridge(me thinks)turn around and BOOM there is a small fridge with a large jug of milk!! Funny how happy this made me(I do love my tea) lovley hotel with really nice helpful staff,loved the aircon,as it was so hot,best three nights sleep since summer began.My son stayed and had breakfast for free(under 12) would recommend to any one wanting a hotel in that area,many thanks :) xx

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amanda E
Dear AmandaE

Many thanks for your five star review which contains some really helpful feedback to future guests, especially those with families. You clearly had a great stay and I'm glad that you were able to get a decent cup of tea!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We just returned home after spending 3nights at this great hotel. Great location, and fabulous facilities at hotel.
I was with my three children, aged 14, 10 and 9 weeks old. The two older children spent a large amount of time in the indoor pool, which was clean and supervised well.
We ate at the restaurant two nights and had room service on the third night. On each occasion the staff couldn't do enough to help. And when our meal came to the room it was hot and only took 10 minutes to arrive.
Lorraine was very helpful with ice packs for my nine week old daughter who needed her bottles of milk to be kept cold.
Thank you all, we will definitely recommend you to our family and friends and will stay with you again in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Morgan M

Many thanks for your lovely review and I am glad that you and your family were able to have such a relaxed stay. There's certainly something for everyone to enjoy here on a leisure break. I have ensured that Lorraine in particular has seen your comments.

I do hope you will come back and stay with us again sometime.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

A good hotel for conference access and all the expected business facility.

Breakfast was good but the plate's where so hot it was hard to carry them back to the table without burning your fingers.

The rooms hard 'box' air conditioning, which if used can be very noisy, so not practical when sleeping.
The modern decor in the bathroom was pleasant to look at but the sink wasn't as practical to use.

Telford appeared to be 'under development', so not much to do at night, although a good size mall if you can get out between 09:00 & 17:00.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear MalHSmith

Thank you for taking time to post a review after your recent stay with us. I do apologise for the hot plates in the restaurant, this is not usually the case and I have passed on your feedback to the food and beverage team so they can monitor and ensure this is not happening.

Telford is indeed undergoing a £250m redevelopment programme and is partly finished, with lots more to come over the next few months. Do come back and stay with us again some time in the future, so that you can see what's changed and how different Telford is becoming.