“Good stay.”

Park Inn by Radisson Telford
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights.we booked with them direct and booking was easy quick and efficient. When we arrived they had a pay on arrival policy, which I wasn't surprised at . We only booked on a room only basis so we can't comment on the breakfast. The only problem we came across was when we came back to our rooms, the card would not activate so we had to go back to reception to have this rectified. A good night sleep extra comfy beds and a lovely shower.

• Stayed: February 2013
Jason M, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Scoobyscrappy 12

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read overall you had a good & comfortable stay and enjoyed our refurbished bedrooms. Apologies for the deactiviation of your room key which for security reasons are quite sensitive.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you to Telford again.

Hotel manager

Reviewed 17 February 2013

I have just returned from a two night break with my partner and it was fantastic.
I read the reviews after booking and was think eeeek, what have I let myself in for but it was the best place I have stayed in quite some time and I travel often with work.

The check in was fast and pain free.

Room was very hot on arrival but turning off the heating was pretty easy- I suspect in summer it would be very hot so air con would be a great investment.

The room was immaculately clean and we both thought the illuminated headboard was a really nice feature. And the bathroom was brilliant. Not the usual cubby hole but well designed and luxurious.

The bed was comfy and had a great nights sleep. Very peaceful apart from 12am on Saturday when a large party returned back intoxicated and we loud, didn't need to ring reception as my partner told them to shut up and they promptly did. But sure reception would have taken action if needed.

We ate and drank at the restaurant on Friday, the drinks were extremely pricey and the staff in the restaurant admitted twice to forgetting about us when at the point we were the only people in! Disappointing as the food was really good.

Breakfast was nice, staff very welcoming, a good selection of food for all types of diets available and if you wanted you could pig out and not need lunch!

I paid just short of £70 for the two nights with breakfast which I think was a complete bargain!

Ideally located for visiting ironbridge and discovering Telford.

Didn't have time to try,out any of the lesuire facilities but will be coming back so will bring a cossie next time!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Jason M, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear ravaddi 1987

Thank you for your five star review following your stay at the hotel this weekend. I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay and found our refurbished bedrooms & bathrooms to be "well designed and luxurious"

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Jason morgan

Reviewed 6 February 2013

I stayed here on a work trip last Autumn and was pleasantly surprised- I was worried that as the company needed so many rooms for all the staff we would be holed up somewhere terrifying- not the case at all! I had a lovely spacious room, an en suite and the most insanely comfortable pillows I have ever encountered.
Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Emma_VDV_13
Jason M, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Emma

Thank you for your review following on from your stay at the hotel in September. I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay. Since your stay our bedrooms have been fully refurbished as well as our reception and lobby area further enhancing the quality and comfort of our hotel. Once again thank you for feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I have returned today from an overnight stay at this hotel. I was a little bit worried when I read some of the views but was more than pleasantly surprised.
When we arrived the outside of the building did not look promising however, the reception was modern, welcoming and the check in staff were very polite.
We were on the first floor and the room was lovely, clearly it had just been revamped and was very modern. The bathroom was smaller than I expected but was perfectly adequate. The shower was absolutely wonderful... I didn't want to get out.
Myself and my husband decided to make use of the leisure facilities and again, the leisure staff were extremely polite. The swimming pool and changing rooms could definitely do with updating but they were ok and the staff were making every effort to keep it clean and tidy.
Later that evening we went to the hotel bar and the drinks were good value for money compared to other hotels I have stayed at. Just under £10 for a pint and a large glass of merlot.
The hotel is ideally located for the town centre and we only had a 10 minute walk to the local pub/bar.
My Husband and I both had a pleasant nights sleep, the bed and pillows were very comfortable.
Breakfast was ok, nothing spectacular but acceptable.
Overall a lovely stay and definitely worth what we payed and we will without a doubt be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a revamped room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DAMummy
Jason M, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear DAMummy

Thank you for your feedback following your stay this weekend, I was pleased to read you had a fabulous stay and liked our refurbished hotel. The leisure changing rooms and pool area will indeed be getting updated as part of our ongoing refurbishment program in the coming weeks.
Once again thank you for your feedback and i look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight in Feb 2013. Went to see my mates band. Stopped in a room that had recently been refurbished. Room clean and smart, comfortable bed, large flat screen t.v,tea and cofee. The room contained an iron and board and hairdryer. The bathroom consisted of a shower over a bath. The only fault I could really find with the room was the lack of air conditioning, relying on a radiator,resulting in the window dripping with condensation. I didn't use the restaurant for an evening meal but did have breakfast. This consisted of the usual buffet affair. Overall a pleasing stay at a reasonable price, just shy of 50 quid for two.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Jon C

Dear Jon C

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and liked our refurbished hotel. Air condition will be incorporated into our bedrooms at a later date as part of the hotels ongoing refurbishment program.
Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We travelled up for tattoo freeze, I was staying in a different hotel but some friends were staying here so we decided to have a meal at this hotel together.

Despite ringing ahead saying we had a large party of 9 for a meal we were kept waiting to be seated for about half an hour. Once we were seated it took another half hour if not longer for our orders to be taken, many items on the menu were unavailable. It then took another large period of time for us all to get our meals. Probably about 2 hours from entering the restaurant to getting our meals. Thankfully, the hotel did give us a discount when we asked for it ( might have been nice to be offered it). We were all very tired after a long journey and keen to get some sleep as we had a big day the next day but we ended up eating at about 10.

However, My friends staying in the hotel were happy with their stay. They recommend it for sleeping but not for eating!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Superfly316
Jason M, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Dear Superfly316

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to the hotel. I was pleased to read your friends recommended our accomodation, however I was bitterly disappointed to read that on this rare occassion we didnt quite get our service delivery right in the dining room right and apologise that there were delays with your meals which is not the norm in our restaurant. Once again thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back the hotel if and when the tatoo freeze event returns to Telford.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

Comfy bed and pillows. Makes a good base for visiting the Wrekin, Shrewsbury. Recently refurbished. Telford itself must be one of the most bland places we've ever visited, but has good connections to other more interesting/beautiful places.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caztraveller
Jason M, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear carole s

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read you found the hotel to be good value and in a good location for visiting surrounding attractions and beauty spots. On behalf of all of the team thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Telford
0 mi away
#12 of 21 in Telford
4 mi away
Telford Hotel & Golf Resort
Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Telford? Share your experiences!