“clean and clinical”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“clean and clinical”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have stayed here on a couple of occasions but not by choice . The staff are helpful but not at all friendly . this is a businessman's hotel and not somewhere I would want to stay for any length of time . There are often a few of us from the company there at one time and unlike other places in Telford there is no effort made to give you rooms near each other and they won't even tell you if colleagues have arrived or not . The food is good but we always experience very long waits to be served and for food to arrive.The rooms are clean and comfortable

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Katy G
Thank you for your review following your recent stay.I was disappointed to read that you had encountered some issues during your visit. As you may have read on previous reviews, our team members are usually found to be helpful and friendly. If in any future stays you would like rooms close to your colleagues, please ask when making your reservation or on check in and we would be happy to accommodate this wherever possible. I am afraid that due to guest confidentiality we are restricted on what information can be passed to other guests and again we will help whenever we can with your requests.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon
Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
Cheshire
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay.
Room clean, tidy and spacious well decorated.
Staff friendly, helpful and happy.
Meals a little pricey eg £8 for a cheese sandwich!! so didn't eat here. Took ourselves off to one of the many restaurant that are close by.
Fantastic location for shopping :-)
All shops in walking distance..
Well worth a visit

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear emmtrek
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel.
I was pleased to read you found the hotel to be clean and tidy and the team members were helpful and friendly.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 28 March 2014

As states the title, everything in this hotel is kind of new. Rooms are clean and well mantained and staff are very friendly and willing to help. The only suggestion I have is to have minibars at the room. There are no food stores nearby so the only way to get water is going to the bar.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

1 Thank Milton C
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Milton C
Thank you for your 5 star review following your recent stay at the hotel.
I was pleased to read you found the hotel to be a nice new place to stay and the team were friendly and willing to help.
There are two supermarkets within walking distance of the hotel and I apologize that this information was not passed to you whilst you were staying with us.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We used the Park Inn as a hub for a two day event. The hotel is close to transport options with the train station and motorway links close by, however, far enough away (about 400 metres) to ensure that there is no noise from them. The Reception staff were all very polite and dealt with our delegates in a friendly, efficient manner. The servers and bar staff were also very pleasant and efficient.

The general ambience of the hotel is calm and very attractive with a high standard of decor. The subtle lighting really adds to the atmosphere. The dining room and bar are comfortable and attractively appointed.

We had numerous comments from the delegates about the bedrooms - all positive. Well equipped, nicely decorated and the new bathrooms are very stylish. The complimentary fruit and nice welcome letter in the bedrooms is a great touch.

Finally, the service from the Reservations Team led by Kate Fosket was of the highest standard. They worked hard to provide exactly what we wanted from the Park Inn. Communications were prompt and we felt confident that our requirements and expectations would be realised - and they were.

Would we use the Park Inn again? Definitely!

1 Thank Jeff S
Dear Jeff S
Thank you for your 5 star review following your recent stay at the hotel.
I was pleased to read you found our team members to be pleasant and efficient, and your delegates all had positive comments about the bedrooms.
I have also passed your comments to Kate in reservations, who was very pleased your conference went so well.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The service which I received from here was very poor and I would urge anyone having to stay here to avoid the restaurant at all costs. The service from the staff in the restaurant was very poor indeed and I was kept waiting for my food for two hours and then it was cold and was not what I even ordered.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

1 Thank Dave B
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest
I would like to thank you for bringing to my attention the issues you encountered in our RBG restaurant and I would also like to apologise that our usual high standard of service were not met.
As you have probably read from many previous reviews on Tripadvisor then this is not a usual occurrence.
It does happen sometimes that depending on the orders from individual tables, some guests may receive their orders sooner than others. This depends a lot on cooking times and also if starters are ordered or not as the case may be.
I hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future.
Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I attended the Park Inn for a course managed by my company.
I arrived on Sunday evening at around 21.30 and when I found my room I noted that it was next to the lift and corridor doors, and had a communicating door. Whereas if I was staying one night I would have put up with it, staying four nights I felt it better to request a quieter room. Unfortunately, although there were very few people staying on Sunday night, it took a long, long time and a visit by the reception manager to find me an alternative room. As the bar stopped serving food at 22.00 I ordered a half pint and a dish of chips (£5).
When I arrived at breakfast the following morning I was greeted warmly by a lovely older lady with dark hair who said that as there were only 40 people staying in the hotel overnight, all breakfasts were being cooked to order and indeed, when it arrived it was lovely, fresh and delicious. Unfortunately, the other three breakfasts were from the buffet and were much poorer for not being cooked fresh.
Lunch was served in our training room and was very good each day with biscuits served in the morning and cakes in the afternoon. Unfortunately, on Monday evening our dinner took nearly three hours from start to finish and when we asked to speak to the manager he apologised and said that the kitchen was very busy serving room service food. He did compensate us with a drink. I have to say my Hunters Chicken was not good.
On Tuesday evening service was very good and the food was better. However, on Wednesday evening, even though the restaurant was absolutely packed, the food was absolutely excellent (we each had the sirloin and it was delicious) and the service was speedy.
In terms of the room, it was perfectly adequate and the desk well designed. The bathroom was very good, however, being only 5’ 2” please could I ask the room maid to leave the shower head at average height? It was difficult to move it from over 6’ in the air down to the lowest level. The fact that I had to have the shower head so low may be why I never managed to have a shower without getting the bathroom floor soaking. I liked the bathroom mirror so much that I’m going to buy something similar for my own bathroom.
I took my fitness gear along to use in the gym and pool but the pool was so small, and filled with children having swimming lessons, that I used only the gym and I had no complaints whatsoever with the gym and the equipment.
There were some queries over the bill when I checked out but these were handled quickly and efficiently by the reception manager. Overall I would say there were no complaints, apart from the speed of the wifi perhaps.
On the final day I had my car valetted by the car wash team in the car park and they did a really good job.

Room Tip: I would have preferred a room at the back of the hotel as the road in front seems to be busy morning...