“Beware”

Park Inn by Radisson Telford
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Was invited to join friends here for a Conferance joint meal. Service was appallingly slow , taking a massive 1 and 1/4 hours for a main course to arrive, indifferent when it did and a further 45 mins for dessert to show. They weren't particularly busy so full service can't be the reason here . Staff failed to inform us that we needed to register our car with the hotel on arrival and in the dark whatever signs there were weren't apparent....hence have now received car park fine too for £100 for a meal that was at best , well on a plate....
I shan't return nor can I say that I will recommend it .

1  Thank Anne Marie L
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Anne Marie
Thank you for your recent review following your meal at the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies once again for the slow service in the restaurant. Following on from our telephone conversation, the car park does display 28 signs which highlights the parking procedures and there are also signs displayed within the hotel. I am pleased to say your parking fine has been cancelled and I am sorry you will not be returning or recommending the hotel.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Very clean hotel. Food is poor and the prices are a joke. I find the staff unhelpful and rather abrupt. Not cheap for a three star and could do with some Custimer training. The gym is a bonus as is the location but I find that the hotel seems to take its customer base for granted.

• Stayed: April 2014
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Leedslad1970
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. As you may of read from previous trip advisor reviews our staff are usually very friendly, helpful and courteous to all of our guests.
I am sorry that you feel strongly about the food and our prices being poor, we generally recieve a very positive response from our guests with regards to the restaurant.
I hope these issues do not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have stayed here on a couple of occasions but not by choice . The staff are helpful but not at all friendly . this is a businessman's hotel and not somewhere I would want to stay for any length of time . There are often a few of us from the company there at one time and unlike other places in Telford there is no effort made to give you rooms near each other and they won't even tell you if colleagues have arrived or not . The food is good but we always experience very long waits to be served and for food to arrive.The rooms are clean and comfortable

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Katy G
Thank you for your review following your recent stay.I was disappointed to read that you had encountered some issues during your visit. As you may have read on previous reviews, our team members are usually found to be helpful and friendly. If in any future stays you would like rooms close to your colleagues, please ask when making your reservation or on check in and we would be happy to accommodate this wherever possible. I am afraid that due to guest confidentiality we are restricted on what information can be passed to other guests and again we will help whenever we can with your requests.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay.
Room clean, tidy and spacious well decorated.
Staff friendly, helpful and happy.
Meals a little pricey eg £8 for a cheese sandwich!! so didn't eat here. Took ourselves off to one of the many restaurant that are close by.
Fantastic location for shopping :-)
All shops in walking distance..
Well worth a visit

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear emmtrek
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel.
I was pleased to read you found the hotel to be clean and tidy and the team members were helpful and friendly.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

As states the title, everything in this hotel is kind of new. Rooms are clean and well mantained and staff are very friendly and willing to help. The only suggestion I have is to have minibars at the room. There are no food stores nearby so the only way to get water is going to the bar.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Milton C
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Milton C
Thank you for your 5 star review following your recent stay at the hotel.
I was pleased to read you found the hotel to be a nice new place to stay and the team were friendly and willing to help.
There are two supermarkets within walking distance of the hotel and I apologize that this information was not passed to you whilst you were staying with us.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We used the Park Inn as a hub for a two day event. The hotel is close to transport options with the train station and motorway links close by, however, far enough away (about 400 metres) to ensure that there is no noise from them. The Reception staff were all very polite and dealt with our delegates in a friendly, efficient manner. The servers and bar staff were also very pleasant and efficient.

The general ambience of the hotel is calm and very attractive with a high standard of decor. The subtle lighting really adds to the atmosphere. The dining room and bar are comfortable and attractively appointed.

We had numerous comments from the delegates about the bedrooms - all positive. Well equipped, nicely decorated and the new bathrooms are very stylish. The complimentary fruit and nice welcome letter in the bedrooms is a great touch.

Finally, the service from the Reservations Team led by Kate Fosket was of the highest standard. They worked hard to provide exactly what we wanted from the Park Inn. Communications were prompt and we felt confident that our requirements and expectations would be realised - and they were.

Would we use the Park Inn again? Definitely!

1  Thank Jeff S

Dear Jeff S
Thank you for your 5 star review following your recent stay at the hotel.
I was pleased to read you found our team members to be pleasant and efficient, and your delegates all had positive comments about the bedrooms.
I have also passed your comments to Kate in reservations, who was very pleased your conference went so well.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The service which I received from here was very poor and I would urge anyone having to stay here to avoid the restaurant at all costs. The service from the staff in the restaurant was very poor indeed and I was kept waiting for my food for two hours and then it was cold and was not what I even ordered.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Dave B
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Guest
I would like to thank you for bringing to my attention the issues you encountered in our RBG restaurant and I would also like to apologise that our usual high standard of service were not met.
As you have probably read from many previous reviews on Tripadvisor then this is not a usual occurrence.
It does happen sometimes that depending on the orders from individual tables, some guests may receive their orders sooner than others. This depends a lot on cooking times and also if starters are ordered or not as the case may be.
I hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future.
Rooms Division Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Telford
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge
International Hotel Telford
Telford Whitehouse Hotel
Telford Whitehouse Hotel
#12 of 21 in Telford
Telford Hotel & Golf Resort
Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Telford? Share your experiences!