“Good value for money”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Southend, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Conveniently located from a business perspective, and also for the ameneties available at Ironbridge and the surrounding area. Menu a bit limited if staying for more than a couple of days. Recently refurbished and the rooms are very good now.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Stephen C
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be good value for money. If you decide to stay with us in the future and would like any food in particular please ask the team members and we would be happy to accommodate your requests where possible.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Polish first
cumbria uk
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Clearly not a good place to be as a family, we booked following a good experience in December as just a couple. Receptionist was polite but horrified I had achieved booking a room for 1 adult and 2 children ( 1 under 2) when 2 is maximum room policy. I also required a bath, the children do not like showers, this led to us being as far apart in the hotel as posible, amusing to the 4 year old who could holler room to room across a great void outside but far too far to trek with all the childrens paraphanalia from our room to theirs. Pool much colder than in December ( had been another of my positives for a family stay. Receptionist definitely had an attitude problem , spoke to a waitress who required a hoover as if she was dirt on the underside of her shoe. Will be looking at Ramada just opposite if I want to tay in this area again.

Room Tip: Do not go there with children unless you can book the one and only family room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Veron
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was disappointed to read that you had experienced some issues during your stay. The maximum occupancy per room is usually for 2 guests, however for family rooms we try to accommodate wherever possible especially for small children. All of our rooms with baths are located on the first floor and we were therefore unable to allocate a room that was close to your relatives as they had already checked into a room on the other side of the hotel.
If you do decide to stay with us in the future please contact the hotel directly and we will ensure your rooms are allocated close together with the facilities you require.
Also I was disturbed to read about issues between staff members but I am currently looking into this.
I hope you do decide to stay with us in the future and I look forwarding to welcoming you back soon.
Northampton
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I bought a voucher through Groupon for a 2 night weekend stay and then added a day to the to it directly with the Hotel. Before buying I spoke to the reservations staff and made sure we could have a disabled room and that this would be fully equipped with a wet room. After buying the voucher we then exchanged emails and I was confident we had a Disabled room ready for our stay and it was close to all the main areas of the Restaurant and Bar area.
We arrived and found we were not booked into a disabled room and the lady on the desk begrudgingly found us one. We asked to borrow a luggage trolley and were told were there was one we could take and we started to unload our vehicle. Joe from the hotel came out and offered to help unload and take our trolley to our room, Joe, team leader, turned out to be a diamond.
The room was a massive walk from the main facilities and was located behind the fitness suite, gym and pool. Through several doors and down the corridors and after about an 80 yard walk we arrived at the room. It took a while as i am severely disabled and cant walk that distance very easy, Joe kept stopping and waiting for me to catch up, he was apologising for the distance and I was apologising for holding him up. The bedroom was small and the bed was against the wall on the left as well as having no space either top or bottom of the bed so one person would have to climb over the other to get in and out, this was in a disabled room and we are the wrong side of 50 for bedroom gymnastics whilst also both being too disabled. The wet room was massive and the floor was treated with a good grip floor covering when it got wet but the shower was over the bath, a bath I could not get my legs over top get in. There was no drain in the floor if it did get wet, this is unacceptable in a disabled room and Joe totally agreed. Joe went off to find something better and said ALL their disabled rooms have Baths with Shower over them. There were grab handles around the walls and suitable rails by the toilet but this was not a disabled room. After 30 minutes Joe came back and said he had looked at several rooms and found another with a large walk in shower and a bed that was just against one wall but it was not a disabled room. We took it and made the best of our stay. Joe went out of his way to help us.
Breakfast was not a great experience either. The first day we found Kathy and her mate looking after breakfast, her attitude was harsh and brusque at best. I asked for toast and was told " do it yourself over there", and pointed to the toaster I had missed.The next day Kathy and Sean ran Breakfast and the items in the dishes kept running out and Sean did his best to keep them replenished, Kathy decided to sit in the bar and talk to someone from outside the Hotel for more than 30 minutes and so service was neglected, many were complaining to Sean about the lack of foodstuffs and he did his best to get on top of it. The final morning was without incident but there was only 6 of us to serve.
After Breakfast we again asked to borrow a luggage trolley and this time Joe was off duty and we had no offers of assistance.
My conclusion was that this Hotel really does not understand what it is to be disabled and therefore does not provide suitable accommodation or services. Thank God for Joe!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main block are better but there are NO acceptable disabled rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Boyden57
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was very disappointed to read that our disabled rooms were not suitable for your needs and you found them located too far away from the main facilities in the hotel, as you had requested.
I was pleased to read that you found Joe extremely helpful, however on this occasion the remaining staff you encoutered have not been as helpful as Joe and for this I sincerely apologise. This is not our normal standards as was clearly portrayed through Joe's efforts.
I would like to thank you again for your review and we will use your feedback to improve our facilities and services for our disabled guests.
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here recently whilst at a conference. Rooms very comfortable and clean. Staff very friendly and extremely helpful. There was a good selection of food on offer at breakfast but unfortunately the cooked items were, at best, only lukewarm. One of the hot drinks machines was also not working and the other had hot water coming out as barely a trickle - resulting in long queues just to get a cup of tea. How much happier everyone would have been to be offered a fresh pot of tea or coffee!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Caty432
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused with the issues you experienced at breakfast. The technical issues with the coffee machines were fixed by an engineer as soon as possibly could be and the temperature of the cooked items at breakfast have been discussed with the team and improvements have been made.
I hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Larne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights the staff were excellent and could not help enough we attended a conference and there was 50 ladies in my party some of them elderly and we were well looked after nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were clean, tidy and fresh towels. BUT the food on the first evening was disappointing we had pre chosen our meal to make things easier for the chef (50 people sitting down together) unfortunately it did not seem to make any difference the food was served quickly and was hot but I think it had been prepared earlier in the day it was a very dry feed. There were over 100 ladies staying at the hotel for the conference but breakfast on the following morning was chaotic one poor lady serving and running around. The hotel certainly did not have enough staff on.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Norma666
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read you found the staff were excellent and the rooms clean and tidy. I was disappointed to read about the issues you experienced in the restaurant with the food and staffing at the beginning of your stay, and I hope the changes we made during your stay reflected a better quality of service.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed 12 April 2014

It was at a very good all.The staff very helpful at reception also to the restaurant.The rooms are well equipped and are clean , in a a brief description atmosphere was very welcoming.If I have anytime a choise I would return with pleasure in this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Chris D
Thank you for your 5 star review following your recent stay at the hotel and for rating us as excellent.
I look forward to your return should you choose to visit Telford in the future.
Totnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Was invited to join friends here for a Conferance joint meal. Service was appallingly slow , taking a massive 1 and 1/4 hours for a main course to arrive, indifferent when it did and a further 45 mins for dessert to show. They weren't particularly busy so full service can't be the reason here . Staff failed to inform us that we needed to register our car with the hotel on arrival and in the dark whatever signs there were weren't apparent....hence have now received car park fine too for £100 for a meal that was at best , well on a plate....
I shan't return nor can I say that I will recommend it .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anne Marie L
Dear Anne Marie
Thank you for your recent review following your meal at the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies once again for the slow service in the restaurant. Following on from our telephone conversation, the car park does display 28 signs which highlights the parking procedures and there are also signs displayed within the hotel. I am pleased to say your parking fine has been cancelled and I am sorry you will not be returning or recommending the hotel.