“Such a disappointment...”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Burgess Hill
“Such a disappointment...”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night in March and it was such a disappointment.

We are Radisson Concierge members and we should get a welcome gift and free upgrade if the Hotel isn't too full. Only 50 people staying there that night and no gift, no upgrade and no complimentary breakfast voucher.

Our room had thick black mould along the window sill, frame and net curtain so we asked if we could me moved. I asked again at this point for an upgrade and I was told that I didn't qualify, even if I paid. Maybe there are no upgraded rooms at this Hotel? Second room was grubby and overlooking a flat roof but we didn't complain again as it had been made clear to us that an upgrade just wasn't going to happen.

On the plus side, whilst the restaurant is very large and a little impersonal, the waiting staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough for us. Our evening meal was great but we sadly can't comment on breakfast as we were so miffed about not getting our complimentary breakfast we went to McDonalds instead!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank HygieneQueens
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear HygieneQueens
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was disappointed to read you did not receive your in room welcome gift on your arrival. Unfortunately we do not have upgraded rooms because all of our rooms are of the same standard and concierge club carlson members are recognised as automatically receiving a complimentary continental breakfast at the restaurant welcome desk. However this does not deter from the sub standard cleanliness of the rooms and for this I do sincerley apologise as this is not our usual standards and has been addressed with our housekeeping team.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience in the restaurant at dinner and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Have been coming to the Park Inn in Telford for the past few months for business and have found my stay like the home away from home I'd hoped for ! Ben and especially Sammy in the restaurant have been really warm and welcoming making the weeks away a lot easier ! Would recommend without a doubt !

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Daniel M
Thank you for your 5 star review following your recent visits to the hotel. I was pleased to read your experience is like home away from home and you have found Sammy and Ben to be warm and welcoming.
I look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The hotel is clean and welcoming. Staff are professional, polite, freindly and approachable. Rooms have flat screen televisions with free view. They also have an easily accessible HDMI port that allows you to connect your own equipment to output through the television. Free wifi is also available throughout the hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Mike C
Thank you for your 5 star review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read you found the team members to be approachable and friendly and the bedrooms meet your needs.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were delegates at the Elim Conference at The International Centre, Telford and stayed here from Monday 20 April 2014 to the Saturday. Check-in was quick and efficient. The bedroom was well appointed and the ensuite has a very good shower. The only downside to the room was that it was hot and there were no opening windows and no obvious way of regulating the room temperature. We did not use the hotel bar or restaurant, but made use of the swimming pool which was cost free to guests - which was a nice surprise as the in room booklet stated there would be a charge for towels. If Elim have another conference in Telford I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Stuart G
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read you enjoyed the facilities the hotel offers and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The hotel was excellent but I found the food mediocre for the price charged for the burger and it arrived tepid so we had to send it back and then it came back overdone! Everything else was perfect apart from this so we chose to eat elswhere for the remainder of our stay but the staff were helpful and efficient and the hotel was perfectly placed for our trips to Ludlow, Shrewsbury and Ironbridge

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Lisa M
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was disappointed to read that you experienced some issues with your burger, but I was pleased to read that you found everything else perfect.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon
Birmingham
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel has many good points but is let down in a few ways which is why I have only given it 3 stars.

It has a great location just of the M54 so its really easy to get to. It also has a large car park so that is easy too. It's modern and clean and the public rooms are smart. My bedroom was attractive and well equipped. The staff were friendly and attentive.

On the other hand as it's near the motorway there is a certain amount of traffic noise which wouldn't be too much of a problem if the rooms were well ventilated. However there was no heating control in the bedroom (or it was well hidden!) and it was too hot. Add to that a poor mattress lacking support and pillows that are too fat and you get an uncomfortable night.

The public rooms were also too hot.

There were staffing issues too. When checking in, midday on Saturday there was only one person on reception and she was on the phone so I had to wait quite some time. A hotel of this size should have 2 people on reception! There was a similar issue in the bar / coffee shop, one person serving and a queue. I went without!

So a decent hotel that could be a lot better with more attention to detail.

The food was ok and roughly what you would expect for this standard of hotel. However the hot breakfast served in my room was only just hot enough and the tea was a bit stewed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Covenant
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was disappointed to read that you experienced some issues whilst you were staying with us and I am pleased to say these have all been addressed and corrected so no further issues would occur for future guests.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Cardiff
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Although the Radisson is predominantly a business hotel, the OH and I were lucky enough to get an excellent deal for a weekend stay. Our room was on the 3rd floor; it was a good size and very nicely decorated.

The hotel is very nice, although the temperature in our room was Saharan (even though the heating wasn't on!) and the window only opened about 8". That's the only negative in the entire weekend.

Dinner in the restaurant was very nice indeed (a "daily" menu at a maximum of £20 for 3 courses, and a wide-ranging a la carte with starters around the £5-£6 mark and main courses anything from about £12 up) and the breakfasts were plentiful with a choice of the usual full English items and some very good continental choices. I was a bit dubious about the coffee as it came out of a machine, but it was surprisingly good.

The hotel is only a few minutes walk from the Telford shopping centre, and a short drive from Ironbridge. We'd happily go back.

Room Tip: Our room faced the main road. As the hotel was very hot, we had no choice but to have the window ope...