On arrival we were greeted by an unsmiling receptionist by the word "yes?" in a style very unsimilar to that of "Carol" the computer says no, on little britain. As she glared at us for daring to interrupt her day. After a night in the premier inn where we were unable to sleep we asked if it there were any vacancies, and were responded to with another surly "yes." We then asked if it would be possible to have a look at the room as we did not want to find ourselves in a similar situation to the night before where we could not sleep due to the extreme temperature of the room. We were shown up to a room- which we assumed would be ours by a lovely man, who was very professional. We then agreed to take the room and went back to the reception to pay etc. The other lady working on the reception seemed to be very professional, was smiling and talking in a polite manner with guests, unfortunately again we were not served by her.
The unsmiling receptionist addressed us again with her "yes?" we said we'd like to take the room please. She responded with "£95", ok, does that include breakfast? She said "£95". We then paid, found our room was not the room we had previously looked at. We went upto the room and found it to be next door to the cleaners cupboard with the aircon units for the pool and gym under the window so it was noisy and blowing hot air in! There was no air con in the room. I went back to reception and explained that the room we had been given was not to the same standard, or size as the room I had been shown. Then the unsmiling receptionist said, right well if thats not good enough for you, go upstairs, get all your bags (4 large suitcases) and then I'll give you the key for the new room. I asked if she was serious, that she wanted me to bring 4 large suitcases down from 3rd floor to reception to then take them up to the 2nd floor??! She snarled, fine then just take the key but you must bring it back or you'll be charged.
I went up to the 3rd floor and found the smiling receptionist behind me apologizing profusely for her colleagues attitude, I had to ask if she was like that with everyone to which the manager said well yes actually!
We moved to another room which was better but for £95 per night I do expect air con which the new room did not have either.
The breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary.
Unfortunately our whole visit was ruined by that awful rude receptionist. Also the cleaning staff had a very loud conversation outside our room about how they were being picked on for standing up for themselves by one of the managers!! Great to hear, perhaps this could all be resolved by some staff training, except the girl on reception who needs to get a new job where she does not have to deal with customers or look at anyone with her miserable face.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the town centre at the Park Inn by Radisson Telford hotel. Just a 7-minute walk from the nearest train station, it's an ideal location for a business trip, conference or weekend break. Immediately off Junction 5 of the M54, the hotel's location enables our business travellers to easily commute to Telford International Centre. Each of our 153 stylish, comfortable rooms includes amenities like Wireless High-speed Internet and Digital TV channels. Located on-site, the RBG Bar & Grill offers international specialities, making dining easy. Keep up with your routine at the hotel's Pace Heath Club, or get in a few laps in our indoor pool. Ideal for weddings or conferences, our spacious meeting facilities accommodate up to 475 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Rezidor, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Telford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn By Radisson Telford Hotel Telford
- Telford Park Inn
- Park Inn Telford
- Park Inn By Radisson Telford Shropshire