“Ok”

Park Inn by Radisson Telford
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the free wifi , the room is ok , but there is no spoon to stir your coffee or tea,no shower gel or shampoo.
Not a great experience , next time in Telford will try the ramada.
The staff is helpful .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Jayne S, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear shnelf1
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was disappointed to read that you had missing teaspoons and shower gel in the room, these items have been replaced and all other bedrooms checked.
These are not our normal standards and I do hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The Park inn provides good value accommodation in the Telford area, close to Ironbridge and its many attractions. It is well located, with easy access to all of the main roads, and shopping centre. Breakfast is excellent value, evening meals - menu a bit basic and limited choice, but OK for a couple of days, and there are plenty of options within a short drive so not a big issue.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Stephen C
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read you found the hotel to be conveniently located and good value for money. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my husband at the end of June for a long weekend and we had a fantastic stay. The staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I would strongly recommend this hotel and would stay there again myself.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Samantha G
Thank you for your 5 star review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read you had a fantastic stay and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here whilst on business. Easy to find just off the M54. Staff seemed friendly enough. Room clean with very comfortable bed. Restaurant food adequate but drinks in bar rather expensive. Breakfast very good with good choice from self service buffet. Would use hotel again.

Room Tip: No air conditioning in bedrooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nigel030
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

On arrival we were greeted by an unsmiling receptionist by the word "yes?" in a style very unsimilar to that of "Carol" the computer says no, on little britain. As she glared at us for daring to interrupt her day. After a night in the premier inn where we were unable to sleep we asked if it there were any vacancies, and were responded to with another surly "yes." We then asked if it would be possible to have a look at the room as we did not want to find ourselves in a similar situation to the night before where we could not sleep due to the extreme temperature of the room. We were shown up to a room- which we assumed would be ours by a lovely man, who was very professional. We then agreed to take the room and went back to the reception to pay etc. The other lady working on the reception seemed to be very professional, was smiling and talking in a polite manner with guests, unfortunately again we were not served by her.
The unsmiling receptionist addressed us again with her "yes?" we said we'd like to take the room please. She responded with "£95", ok, does that include breakfast? She said "£95". We then paid, found our room was not the room we had previously looked at. We went upto the room and found it to be next door to the cleaners cupboard with the aircon units for the pool and gym under the window so it was noisy and blowing hot air in! There was no air con in the room. I went back to reception and explained that the room we had been given was not to the same standard, or size as the room I had been shown. Then the unsmiling receptionist said, right well if thats not good enough for you, go upstairs, get all your bags (4 large suitcases) and then I'll give you the key for the new room. I asked if she was serious, that she wanted me to bring 4 large suitcases down from 3rd floor to reception to then take them up to the 2nd floor??! She snarled, fine then just take the key but you must bring it back or you'll be charged.
I went up to the 3rd floor and found the smiling receptionist behind me apologizing profusely for her colleagues attitude, I had to ask if she was like that with everyone to which the manager said well yes actually!
We moved to another room which was better but for £95 per night I do expect air con which the new room did not have either.
The breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary.
Unfortunately our whole visit was ruined by that awful rude receptionist. Also the cleaning staff had a very loud conversation outside our room about how they were being picked on for standing up for themselves by one of the managers!! Great to hear, perhaps this could all be resolved by some staff training, except the girl on reception who needs to get a new job where she does not have to deal with customers or look at anyone with her miserable face.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, go to the Ramada!! The staff are absolutely awful
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Troy2409
Adrian P, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Troy2409,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I was very disappointed to read your comments which obviously tainted your stay in its entirety.

I can assure you that this will be follow through with the individual concerned, which may involve formal action to ensure that there is no repetition in the future. We strive to offer exceptional levels of service and clearly on this occasion we failed to deliver and is totally unacceptable.

We have a good team on the front desk and for reasons unknown but to be investigated then I need to ascertain what went wrong on this particular occasion.

To this end, please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that this incident will be followed through extensively.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Overall I had a decidedly mediocre experience when staying on business for 2 nights in June 2014. It's a shame, as with some changes to the way the hotel is run, this could be a good place to stay. All of the things below will seem minor when you read them but when you add them all up together, it equates to a poor experience that could have been so much better.

There were a number of small issues throughout my stay... Starting at check-in, my address wasn't on file even though I'm a Club Carlson member, so I had to fill it in. The rooms have no air conditioning, which made for a poor night's sleep, given the humidity and inability to open windows very wide. There was no room service menu in my room, despite it being referenced in the information leaflet provided in the room. The response from reception was "that's odd". I was then asked to go to the restaurant to get a menu.

The next morning, the response to "can I please have a table for one for breakfast" after being asked for my room number was "room only". Those exact words with no further explanation. That's the sort of response one would expect from a boarding house in the 1950s, not a hotel catering for business clientele. I did manage to convince the staff member to charge it to my room - she seemed surprised that anyone would pay £13.50 for the breakfast at this hotel. Sadly, over half the tables in the breakfast room were dirty even though the room wasn't busy and there were staff members available. It was not a pleasant environment in which to dine, which is a shame as the food itself was quite good. On the second day, I was told that it wasn't possible to charge breakfast to my room but they'd "give it a try". Really? Is that a suitable response - a hotel should be able to charge its guests for services and food surely? I had provided credit card details at check-in and had already charged room service, so it shouldn't have been an issue. At the end of the stay, the bill pushed under my door was incorrect and missed off one night. They rectified that at check-out.

None of these things on its own is a huge issue (other than a lack of air conditioning, which is simply something I should have checked beforehand) but together they add up to a disappointing experience. It seems to suggest a lack of cohesive staff training and a lack of good operating processes and quality checks. With some changes, this hotel could be fine - I just hope they make those changes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Adrian P, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Telford, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Magic C,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us here at the Park Inn by Radisson Telford hotel. I was very disappointed to read of the average experience you encountered and at this time can only apologise for the several shortcomings received. I certainly recognise the fact that all these short comings add up to a disappointing stay and I can assure you these will be addressed accordingly with the team.

We have just appointed a new Operations Manager to the team and his first task is to review all our standards and operating procedures as some as you have mentioned need updating to ensure we meet all expectations.

I note your comment regarding the charging of breakfast and again a training point that we need to pick up but at the same time a relevant question we must ask as not all guests are on a bed and breakfast rate and neither allow any additional charges to their room. (As not all guests will leave their card details at check in).

We also have a Duty Manager on at all times and therefore we would have welcomed your comments at the time to allow us to react accordingly. However the service and standards should have been delivered at the time.

Magic C, I appreciate your comments and points raised. Rest assured we will be taking the necessary action and I am more than happy to discuss them with you personally on your next stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I had a good and a bad stay at the same time. I had a nice room with a nice view of the road which was nice. It was more of a getaway than a holiday as our house is being refurbished. Everything was perfect except for the one member of staff who made it seem like i was asking him for a kidney when i asked for a menu. He then replied 'They are on the side you get them yourself and sit wherever you like, EXCEPT the med' which i could only assume was the back of the restaurant. i then find he has left me without offering any drinks or even asking if i am okay to go and sit with the girls at reception. i had not seen this lad for the rest of my dine and so after a lovely waitress called Karen dealt with my bill i went to reception to complain about this young man who by my opinion couldnt be bothered to serve us what we paid for we find him in the reception office talking about houses and car parts so i decided to leave the complaint for when he wasnt there to save embarrassment. as far as i am concerned if i was a reporter i would have been treated. this isnt good enough and im not the only one that dined that felt neglected by his unmannerly services. I will be returning in the near future with work with capgemini so i hope for it to be a better service. if you want to take this up with him and save it losing you custom i believe you should. I believe im unable to name names on here as it is against data protection act but he had dark hair was quite a small build and wore a different shirt to the rest of the staff but im more than certain his badge stated TEAM LEADER... not the right way to lead by example.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear John B,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us here at the Park Inn by Radisson Telford. I was disappointed to read that the experience you received during your stay was tainted by one member of our team in particular. The issues you have raised have already been discussed with him and I can personally assure you that we will monitor progress in the coming weeks to ensure one to one training is having the correct effect day to day to ensure the service and standard expected is delivered.

As you can see from past reviews our guests are usually very pleased with our team members and they always strive to deliver excellent service. I am sure you will not be disappointed when you return with work and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. I'm naturally happy to meet up with you personally to discuss further should you wish?

Adrian Pickard

Also consider these accommodations in or near Telford
0 mi away
#12 of 21 in Telford
4 mi away
Telford Hotel & Golf Resort
Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Telford? Share your experiences!