Buckatree Hall Hotel
US$72
US$195
US$119
US$138
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge(Telford)(Great Value!)
US$195
HolidayInn.com
US$165
US$141
Priceline
International Hotel Telford(Telford)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$65
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$118
Travelocity
US$113
1,305 results
All reviewswowcher dealbalcony overlookingsmall lakebuy a gift voucherlovely hotelsuperior roomevening meallovely settingon arrivalfunction roomnight breakbar menushort breakboth nightsboth morningsself servicebar area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Just come back from a lovely lunch at the Buckatree Hall Hotel, the refurb is coming on stunningly, lovely floorings and wallpapers, really nice.

This is going to be one of the best places to stay in the area I think.

Staffing could be a bit more accesible, chasing around for menus etc, but it is very much still out of season and the finishing touches are being added to the refurb so hopefully soon this side of the operation will be fixed too because I expect the place will be in high demand, especially over summer.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Buckatree_Hall, General Manager at Buckatree Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your lunch visit to Buckatree Hall Hotel.

We have at this time nearly completed putting the finishing touches to the hotel and the operational side thus ensuring that all visitors whether it be for accommodation, lunch or simply a visit for a coffee are looked after to a high degree of professionalism and standard.

We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Buckatree Hall so you can experience these improvements.

Reviewed 16 February 2011

I booked this hotel for my husband's birthday because we love walking and the Buckatree is perfectly situated for walking the Wrekin. Also, I informed the hotel ,when booking, that I require a gluten free diet and I was so well catered for. The food was superb, the staff so welcoming and helpful. The refurbishment is well under way and seems to be of a high standard and we'd love to return when it's all finished. We would certainly recommend this hotel and thought it great value for money.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation following your stay with us here at Buckatree Hall Hotel.

You will be glad to learn that the refurbishment is nearly complete now and we would love to welcome you back to the hotel so you can experience all of the improvments made.

As ever my team will be on hand to assist with your needs during your visit.

Once again thank you for your comments

Reviewed 29 December 2010

I recently stayed at the Buckatree Hall for the Christmas break, with my wife and young daughter. I have to say we had a great time at the hotel. Excellent value for money, good food, decent accommodation. The staff were fantastic throughout, very helpful and attentive and looked after our 2 year olds needs. She had a lovely time and a memorable (for us!) 2nd birthday on Christmas Day.

I'd recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a short break in an idyllic location. As in all hotels there is a bit of wallpaper peeling off here and there, but so what! Great value, friendly staff and we would definitely return. Many thanks for a happy & relaxing Christmas!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review regarding your Christmas break here at the Buckatree Hall.

We have since your visit undergone a huge refurbishment programme investing in all areas of the hotel which has rectified all issues of peeling wall paper, all done whilst retaining a team of committed staff dedicated to servicing our customer needs.

In addition we have also compiled our Festive breaks available at the hotel which includes Christmas, Twixmas and New Year for 2011.

Whether it be for the festive season or just a leisure break to get the opportunity to revisit the hotel and for the team and myself to welcome you back to Buckatree Hall.

Reviewed 28 December 2010

During a recent stay at this hotel and having read previous reviews I feel compelled to submit my own review. Yes the hotel is a little tired but it is also in the process of a full refurbishment which was discussed in detail by the General Manager, very enthusiastically I might add.
My wife and I were on a Christmas Break at this hotel for the first time and we were looked after from arriving at the hotel to leaving.
The staff and management were excellent, all of our meals were excellent though rather spoilt by people complaining unnecessarily.
I could not fault the bUckatree or the attention to detail we were given every step of the way. All the staff were an asset to the hotel.
Reading the harsh reviews this hotel has received in my view these arent justified and they are certainly moving in the right direction.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will certainly be back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your Christmas Break here at the Buckatree Hall Hotel.

We are now coming to the end of the refurbishment programme as mentioned to yourselves. The hotel does indeed look splendid and has made a considerable difference to the product we are now able to offer our guests.

It is always positive to receive good feedback at such a demanding time when expectations over the Christmas period are so high and we thank you for your recommendation.

Our Festive activities including Christmas, Twixmas and New Year Breaks are available for 2011 direct from the hotel on 01952 641 821. Should you wish to enquire about the range of breaks we have to offer then please call us.

We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Buckatree Hall in the forthcoming future.

Reviewed 27 December 2010

My wife and I stayed here over Christmas and we found the staff very friendly and the hotel welcoming and warm.

The first point that I would like to make is that it is no longer part of the Swallow Group aithough it is still on their website and this resulted in me getting no reply to my first two emails trying to book the Christmas break. The Christmas break was very reasonably priced and offered very good value for money with a reasonable standard of food and accomodation although I have to add that the beds were very uncomfortable.

My first job was to check the fire safety and I was very surprised at the poor standards that I found which included:
1. Dead locked fire exit in the Champagne Suite.
2. Another fire exit totally obstruced with stored tables.
3. Fire doors "wedged open"
4. Fire doors with no smoke or fire strips.
5. Obstructed fire alarm call points and notices.
6. Storage of compressed gas cylinders in linen stores.
7. Incorrect fire notices.
8. Store room fire doors left open.
9. External fire escape routes not kept clear of snow.

I raised these issues with the Duty Manager and he appeared to be very surprised and unlocked the fire exit during a function but it was locked again the next day when the room was in use so as the management of the hotel don't take fitre safety seriously I have sent my evidence to the Chief Fire Officer.
This hotel is clearly putting people's lives at risk and show little regard for fire safety.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fireman999

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your constructive feed back following your visit to Buckatree Hall Hotel.

During the refurbishment period which we have recenly encountered many of your comments fed back to us were taken into consideration and any improvements which were already scheduled for replacement or replacement have been completed.

Fire safety is of the utmost importance to us as this is not an area to neglect for the safety and lives of others. Thus we ensure training is a thorough and informative process so that staff are aware of their rsponsibilities and roles should a fire ever occur.

Once again we thank you for your feedback and comments received