“New Year 2012/13”

Telford Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Reviewed 4 January 2013

This is our second time staying here and we were delighted with our stay. The staff are wonderful and our compliments to the chef on the 1st January meal. Our waiter was brilliant too, very attentitive, thank you Serban. The rooms are exceptionally clean and a great nights sleep in the beds. Spa was quiet so made it more special. We will return again and again I'm sure.

1  Thank Faye M
Jerrod L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Dear Faye M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review, we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I have personally not had a new year off in about five years, so having this one off I decided to stay at Telford Golf Resort with my family to celebrate the new year. We attended the champagne reception in the bar at 1779 at first, there was a great atmosphere and all staff were friendly and happy. I originally was separated from my family (i was too busy in the bar!) But was immediately shown through by an attentive member of staff.

The food was plentiful and very enjoyable, there was a large queue but we didn't seem to mind as all the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The entertainment on the night was very good and the dance floor was packed out for the majority. The rooms were kept to a great standard and checking in and out was simple and efficient.

In summary, a great night, great food, and most of all great staff. Would recommend to anyone celebrating new year or otherwise in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jack B
Jerrod L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Dear Jack B,

Thank you so much for leaving such great feedback, I am personally pleased that you and your family enjoyed the evening.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

My husband & I attended the Hotel`s New Years Eve Gala Buffet at the Golf Club. We made a last minute booking for this event because the event in our hotel had to be cancelled due to poor response.

We were not disappointed at all! The venue was stunning, the buffet was fabulous and the band and disco fantasic! My husband and I agreed that this was the best New Years Eve we had ever had.

All the staff were brilliant, from the initial lady I spoke to when I booked the event, to the bar staff, waitresses, and reception staff, but a special mention has to go to Craig who kindly took us back into Telford when the taxi we had pre-booked to collect us did not turn up at the end of the evening. If he would not have offered us this lift the evening could have ended in disaster - so a really big thankyou from both of us Craig.

We are considering booking into the hotel for next New Year because we received such excellent service.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Jerrod L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Dear HelenandAndy2010,

Many thanks for such a positive review, I am personally pleased that you enjoyed our event and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed here with 6 other friends for our new years eve celebrations 2012. The staff were excellent at all times, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were nicely furnished and very clean. The buffet evening meal was excellent as was the entertainment for the evening. An excellent breakfast was served the next morning overlooking the Ironbridge Gorge. The leisure facilities were very good and the pool area very inviting. We will certainly return and would recommend this hotel for adults and families with children.

Dear properfriends,

May I thank you for taking the time to write such a great review, after such a hectic night.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

We stayed here as a group for a friends 50th at the weekend, the golf had to be played elsewhere as it was waterlogged. Hotel was lovely, clean, nicely presented, meal was a bit of a disaster depending on what was ordered. Not sure it was front of house's fault but courses missing, steak too rare, wrong wines ordered and sauces that had seperated still being served up. In the end it was just a bit disappointing for my friend. My meal was nice, the courses all arrived and I did enjoy the food.

Staff tried their best, in the end the manager came out and had a word but I don't think they did as much as they could have done.

1  Thank tremma_12
Jerrod L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Dear tremma_12,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am pleased that you found the majority of the hotel to your liking, but i am personally disappointed that it appears from your review we did not deliver our normal high standard of hospitality, indeed I have spoken to the management team on duty that night and I understand that they did in fact offer your group complimentary celebratory drinks to take with the birthday cake in order to pacify the guest whose birthday it was and indeed the remainder of the group appeared happy with the outcome.

Again thank you for leaving a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and again we found it faultless. The staff were helpful and polite, the room was spacious and immaculate and the breakfast was delicious. We really enjoyed our first stay and enjoyed our second stay even more. I would thoroughly recommend a stay here, whether you are a golfer or not. The spa facilities are lovely, again very clean. Fancy a little break, treat yourself, relax, sit back and enjoy being pampered!

Room Tip: The rooms in the old part of the hotel are very special.
1  Thank Darrenzulu
Jerrod L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Darrenzulu,

Thank you for leaving such a great review and for returning to Telford.

Should I or any member of the team be of any further help please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Returned to the Telford Hotel & Golf Resort on the 2nd Dec for one of their Sunday night specials, this offer is part of their Q-Hotels Breakaway Club, a really good valued one night B&B offer.
My wife and I stayed here back in August in one of their Q-Star rooms. So when offered a reduced price upgrade I accepted the offer, my wife and I enjoyed the little extras that you get with a Q-star room at our last stay.

(Please read review 6 Aug 2012 by moothepoo, for more in-depth hotel and room review)

I asked if we could have the same room as our last stay! Room 424 this was checked and it was reserved for us.

This reservation was all made through their main reservations department up in Leeds,
(very warm, helpful and friendly reservations staff) as I found out after having transport issues the week previous on the day before we should have travelled to stayed on the 25 November. A quick telephone call to the reservations dept. in Leeds to explain my situation and without any problems an alternative reservation was made for us.

We arrived at the Hotel around 10.00am, and made our way to the check-in desk where we were greeted by a young polite lady who dealt with all the paperwork and informed us that the previous guests in our room had not yet checked out,, but I wasn’t expecting the room to be ready as check in is from 2.00pm. So off we went out for the day.

On return to the Hotel a quick stop at the reservations desk to pick up our room key, we were this time greeted by a warm friendly smile from our last stay here! Young Odell the receptionist who gave us warm and friendly service last stay.

Knowing our way we headed off for a nice hot bath in our room!!!!!
Oh! Dear what a disappointment!!
Our room was just as the last guests had left it, towels in the bath, empty bottles on the dressed, bed not changed or made up, basically the room not cleaned etc. ?????.

Off I went to reception to report my findings and what a star the young receptionist Odell was... Offering us a speedy room clean or an alternative Q-star room with a choice of three to look at, oh!!! And Odell offered me loads more apologies than would have filled Santa’s golf buggy which stood in the reception area.

In the end we picked room 420 which is just the other end of the corridor from 424. I personally like this room to 424. It as lovely views down the 18th green and also over the gorge to the right, but the room is much the same as 424 with all the same goodies and home comforts.
We hadn’t been in the room very long before a member of the management knocked on the bedroom door checking if everything was to our liking and offering more apologies for the mistake.

One small request I would make to the management is to have operating instruction fix to the wall above the air conditioning control unit by the bedroom door? Also additional radiators run off of the main hotel heating system would be a nice touch for the cold nights and then one wouldn’t need the noisy A/C fan running at night time ?..

The rest of our stay was as pleasing as our last stay, breakfast was very good although this time there was no hot buffy breakfast but cooked to order being down to not many guest being in the hotel on the Sunday night, which is much better than having food standing around waiting for staggered dinners.

On check out young Odell went out of her way to wish us a safe journey home with her pleasing smile. I hope Odell is helped along by the management in the hotel chain, it is so nice now day to have young staff who care about the service they give.

Also it is so nice to stay at a hotel with so many helpful and friendly staff working there.

PS. Before any reviewers out there states I must be a friend of the management or related to a member of the hotel staff I assure you I’m just a normal hotel guest who believes in giving credit where credit is due.

1  Thank moothepoo

Dear moothepoo,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review.

I am pleased that we managed to turn around our mistake upon your arrival, and that this did not spoil the rest of your visit.

If I or any member of the team can be of any further help please feel free to contact me.

Regards

Jerrod Latham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Telford
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
Buckatree Hall Hotel
Buckatree Hall Hotel
#4 of 21 in Telford

Been to Telford Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!