“Absolutely Amazing!!”

Telford Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Reviewed 1 February 2013

My mom and I stayed for a one night spa break at the hotel and we didn't really know what to expect as we haven't done anything like it before.
First impressions were really nice, the reception staff were very friendly and helpful on arrival. Our room wasn't ready until 3pm [which is what we were told so no surprises] but you could use the spa facilities from 10am so we went straight to the spa.
We filled in a quick form regarding any medical conditions and we were given our robes, slippers and towels. They also give you fresh towels whenever you like, you just pick them up from the spa reception. The staff at the spa reception were very friendly and made us feel relaxed. They asked what time we wanted our lunch. They told us our options [salmon, chicken or vegetarian] and booked it for us. They showed us around and made sure we had everything we needed. They showed us the treatment rooms and showed us the seating area and relaxation rooms where you can wait to be called for your treatment at the time its booked for.
We went to the changing room and there were plenty of lockers for us to use, wonderful and spacious showers, hair dryers [not the rubbish ones either] and even a swim wear dryer! The only negative thing about it was the lack of changing rooms, in fact, there aren't any! The whole room is the changing room and if you want to get changed without everyone seeing your privates, you need to use the toilets. This was fine as the toilets were big enough for changing in.
The swimming pool was absolutely beautiful! There was a water babies session going on in the pool when we arrived but this only used a fraction of the pool, we checked out the sauna and steam room then had a look at the experience shower, with drench or fragrance options and beautiful colour changing lights! We then just chilled out on the heated loungers reading magazines [that we took ourselves- they don't provide any magazines] and having a swim or going in the sauna/steam room for a while.

The lunch was beautiful! I had the salmon, it was three small courses including soup, noodles, wraps and salad and a cheesecake! lLovely.

We went back to the spa for a while then went to our room when it was ready. I ordered a bottle of champagne and chocolates to the room for my moms birthday for an additional cost. They were very nice chocolates from Hotel Chocolate and lovely champagne in a bucket of ice. The room was lovely. We had a twin room with a gorgeous view from the window. The bathroom was perfect. Had the small amenities like shampoo, conditioner, body wash and soap. The TV had all the channels that I enjoy to catch up on Hollyoaks but they has news channels and sky sports too.

We had our treatment booked for 4.30pm. We went to the seating area and waited to be called through. I had a lady named Sheree and my mom had a lady named Rachel. They were lovely!
Sheree made me feel comfortable and let me know what I needed to do and what she was going to do so I knew what to expect. I had the Relaxing Face and Back Ritual. It was amazing! Before this I'd never had any treatment done and now I can see why spa's are so popular. Me and my mom thoroughly enjoyed our treatnent, the only downside was when it ended!

For evening dinner, My mom had mushroom starter and I had the soup of the day. The starters were really good. For mains we had the grilled chicken and the Braised Beef. I didn't enjoy mine as the beef was very fatty and my mom didn't enjoy hers either due to the chicken smelling rather funny. :( The puds were lovely but pudding always are haha.

The beds were very comfortable and we slept very well, plus we were exhausted doing nothing all day! Relaxing is tiring and we were glad to go to bed.

We went to have breakfast which was a buffet style breakfast with hot and cold food, there was a wide variety to choose from which was lovely. We had a ot of coffee and a pot of tea and sat down and chatted for a while looking at the fantastic vies from the hotel resturant.

We checked out of our room and paid the bill [ which was cheaper than I thought it would be!] and used the spa facilities before going back home feeling relaxed and rejunvinated.

I would reccomend everyone to stay at the Telford Golf and Hotel Resort. I would have given 5/5 rating but the evening meal let it down.

Room Tip: room 248 has a wonderful view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Jerrod L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Nicola6521,

May i thank you for spending the time leaving such a great review, i am so pleased that we managed to meet your expectations, and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Jerrod Latham

Write a ReviewReviews (1,393)

Reviewed 25 January 2013

My family and I visited the hotel last year looking to join the health club and golf club. We were directed to the golf shop where we asked a member of staff if they could assist us with our enquiries.
We we told by a very surly girl, that they had no information to give us and she didn't have time to show us around. We were told we could look around ourselves, if we wanted to. When asked the way, we were advised we would have to find our own way.
I asked how much membership was and she advised that if we wanted to, she could write some details on a piece of paper, but we would have to wait as she was busy.
Given that we were considering both family membership to the golf club and health spa, the attitude we witnessed was shocking. No business acumen whatsoever.....what a wasted opportunity!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SweetpollyO
Jerrod L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Pollywife,

May i express my personal apologies for the levels of service that you encountered whilst visiting the hotel, this indeed is not our normal level of customer service and is certainly one which i am looking into.
Could i ask that you contact me directly at the hotel, in order that i can fully investigate the matter.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Each year we stay at this hotel for a pre Christmas party where we meet lots of friends. We have now been 4 times and have never been disappointed. It is certainly value for money. There are facilities for golfers, a lovely pool area, a couple of bars and, if it is your thing, a very good gym and a health spa. The rooms are very well appointed with everything you might need and all the staff are very polite and helpful. We look forward to over visit every year knowing we will not be disappointed and will be able to relax and enjoy ourselves.

Room Tip: We always have a ground floor room so we are within easy reach of all the amenities.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Jerrod L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Barbara L

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great response, we are so happy that you found us to be value for money, and I am pleased to read that you are looking forward to returning.
Should I or any member of my team be of any further help please feel free to contact me in the future.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stayed here for a dinner dance - turned up a bit early to make the most of the pool. Lovely pool and spa - steam room, sauna, all with pretty blue lighting. Our room was very comfortable, and dinner was good (nice but not exceptional food, but then they were cooking for a lot of people). Friendly staff. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Olivia007
Jerrod L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Dear Olivia007,

Many thanks for leaving such a great positive review.

Should I or any member of my team be of any further help in the future please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed at the hotel on Friday 11th January. The service was great and our room was nicely presented. We has a facial and back neck and shoulder massage at the Spa which were fantastic. We took our evening meal in the restaurant which was lovely. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, Thank you

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Melanie_Rossiter
Jerrod L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear Melanie_Rossiter,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review of the hotel. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

I recently had a spa day here at this hotel all on my own. It was quite nice actually. I did it thorugh a deal group. The pool is lovely with its dark blue lighting - great for body conscious me and the sauna is nice and big. And I had an extensive gym all to myself in the morning!
My treatment (massage) was divine too. I also had crab cakes for lunch in the bar and they were superb! The staff were lovely, friendly and helpful in every department (gym, reception, bar, spa etc).
Only thing I would say is the changing rooms are a little cramped.
And no one told me about the lovely relaxation room where it was warm and cosy with lovely lighting so after my workout and lunch I spent time reading my magazines a little cold on the side of the pool waiting for my 3 pm massage. I discover the room when I was put in there after my massage so felt I missed out there!!!! Still, overall not a bad place. I might go back on another discounted offer.

Room Tip: I was only there for the day
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Dear Elleffby,

Thank you for leaving a review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit to our Spa, and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

This is our second time staying here and we were delighted with our stay. The staff are wonderful and our compliments to the chef on the 1st January meal. Our waiter was brilliant too, very attentitive, thank you Serban. The rooms are exceptionally clean and a great nights sleep in the beds. Spa was quiet so made it more special. We will return again and again I'm sure.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Faye M
Jerrod L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Dear Faye M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review, we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Jerrod Latham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Telford
4 mi away
#1 of 3 in Ironbridge
Hadley Park House Hotel
Hadley Park House Hotel
#7 of 21 in Telford

Been to Telford Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!