Stayed here on a golfing break with a group of friends. On arrival, the receptionists were efficient and friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble for them. Our room was on the 2nd floor off a corridor near the restaurant. It was small but adequate with a small but well equipped bathroom. The room was overpoweringly hot and as a fan was found in the wardrobe, we guessed that this was an ongoing problem in warm weather. We did stay during a very warm spell, but as the window can only be opened a few inches for safety reasons, it was impossible to cool the room down.
Sadly the dinner menus were extremely disappointing and the food itself even more so. On Sunday evening on our first night at dinner, the food was dreadful, the restaurant appeared full to capacity and this obviously put unreasonable pressure on the kitchen staff. The food did improve as the week progressed but was still disappointing and unimaginative. Cottage Pie, Cod Fingers and Chips, Beef Burger and Chips, Beef Stew, Half a Roast Chicken are a few examples. The salmon was good and the pork on Wednesday night looked good. If only the food had been as good as the restaurant staff that served it. They were so helpful and friendly and went out of their way to please. Breakfast was a self service buffet and once again, the waiting staff were a credit to the hotel. Drinks were expensive. The pool, gym and spa facilities were excellent.
We thoroughly enjoyed the golf course and relaxing in the golf bar afterwards. The barman was once again, extremely helpful. The Telford Golf & Country Club have staff they should be very proud of but need to take a serious look at the quality and choice of food served at dinner. So many negative comments about the food on Trip Advisor must indicate there is an ongoing problem that needs to be addressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel resides in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Ironbridge Gorge and overlooks the gorge. You can look out over them from our 1779 Restaurant, while you feast on seasonal dishes. Or from your contemporary suite, with LCD TV, stylish décor and fabulous bathroom. You can daydream of them while you’re massaged into a state of relaxation in our spa. And you can walk amongst them as you wander our 170 acres of idyllic grounds, or play a round of golf on our exceptional course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Telford Hotel & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Telford Hotel & Golf Telford
- Telford Hotel And Golf Resort
- Telford Hotel & Golf Resort Shropshire