“Don't bother with the restaurant.”

Telford Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“Don't bother with the restaurant.”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We arrived for a 3 night stay and found the welcome from the receptionist very pleasing, we arrived early so they offered to keep our luggage for us while we went out. When we checked into our room on the first floor it was what we expected apart from the room being extremely hot, obviously not the hotels fault that the weather was so warm but unfortunately the window could only be opened about an inch. I asked reception if they had a fan and when we returned it was in the room. We decided to eat in the restaurant, big mistake, I ordered the lamb rump and at £17 I thought it would be worth it, it was tough and chewy and therefore could not be eaten,my husband had the burger which he said was tasteless,I did tell the waitress when she asked if the meal was ok and she apologised and offered us complementary coffee, it never arrived so I reminded her, but unfortunately when it came it was Luke warm and so strong it was undrinkable. The location is terrific with wonderful views across the gorge, the staff are pleasant and helpful, I would go back again, just not eat in the restaurant.

Room Tip: First floor very warm, small windows
2 Thank Bubby2014
Michael L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, I am sorry to hear our restaurant food did not meet your expectation I have passed your comments to our Head Chef.
once again thank you for taking the time to write.
kind regards
Michael Lavizani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Telford
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Me and my husband stayed for the one night pink fizz offer last night as I stayed for this same package for my hen night In may. It was a fanatic night as when we checked into our room the manager David who I had met the time before upgraded us to the bridal suite free of charge, he also gave us a table in the window when having out evening meal so we had a great view of ironbridge. Whilst eating our meal we had two glasses of complimentary champagne also from David all of this made our night very special and It was all because of David he is a lovely person and we will defiantly return in the near future.
Mr&Mrs Brothwood.

Dear Guest,
thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted to hear of your positive stay with us.
we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Merseyside, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed last weekend for a friends 50th birthday. We arrived ar 1:30 but were told standard check in time was 3pm. They were unable to accomodate us with a room until this time.

When we did eventually check in, the room was fairly small but adequate but the glass table and the window sill were filthy. The bathrooms were very small and the shower door opened up past the toilet.

We had booked our friend in for a treatment but a mix up meant this was on th a 30 minute slot for £28 which was very poor value as the actual massage was no more than 20 mins, her feedback was that this was a conveyor belt of people on a tight schedule.

We then went to the pool which was plain but nicely lit. We noticed that people were just hanging about talking. We realised later that this was due to the lack of a jacuzzi. We have never been to a hotel that advertised as a Spa Hotel without this facility.

For the what this hotel costs, there are nicer hotels out there and nicer experiences. Feedback from other guest who were on a Spa break was very similar and when we queued to check out, we heard similar feedback being given to the hotel receptionists.

Breakfast was nice although our requests for Tea went unanswered. We went back to our room and packed, check out was 11am so we had a rest. However we were woken at 10:30am when the cleaners knocked on our door to ask us were we leaving soon! We reminded them that check out was 11am and tried to rest again. All in all when you only get 20 hours in a room for £90 a night we thought this was annoying.

Overall a disappointing experience. I would not choose to stay here again and neither would the other couple who stayed with us.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your honest comments, I am disappointed to hear of your exprience which on this occasion appears to have fallen below our usual high standards.
should you wish to reconcider and wish to visit us again with your friends I would be delighted to offer you a complimentory upgrade on your room and extent your 30 minute Spa treatment to an hour.
I hope to hear from you.
Littlehampton
Reviewed 25 July 2014

So I am currently staying at the hotel which when I arrived I was greeted with a smile and the receptionist was very helpful. Got to my room which was ok, what I expected really, got ready to go have dinner which I wasn't too impressed with... I had the avocado prawn salad which had one piece of soft soggy avocado in and the burger which was pretty tasteless and crispy. After dinner back to the room to sleep where I was faced with a huge spider on my wall (not the hotels fault but needed to share my horror) after dealing with the spider got into bed ready for a good nights sleep after a long day of travelling oh but no that wasn't the case. It was so noisy! People walking in and out of their rooms making so so much noise the doors slam shut which woke me every time and there was beeping going on which I didn't know where it was coming from it was unnerving and very irritating. The pillows are rock solid and the room is very hot. Not overly impressed. But I mean it's 2.15am and I'm still not asleep and I've got the rest of the night to go... Let's hope it gets better

1 Thank Hattyy
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, I have passed this on to my Head chef and I can only apologies for the noisey corridor.
Once agin thank you for bringing this to my attention it is only through positive feedback that I am able to address these issues.
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights as a Breakaway Club member. Chose this Q hotel as it was nearest to a concert we were going to. Staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Breakfasts were very good which is usual for Q Hotels. The staff especially Margaret couldn't do enough for you. Dinners were good, reasonable choice on menu but don't change if you are staying longer than a few days. The restaurant manager was very efficient and Jordan was very polite. Booked upgraded room which was lovely and spacious overlooking the golf course, unfortunately it was too hot to sleep due to the very good weather. The supplied fan just circulates the hot air. Didn't get chance to use the golf course or spa but intend returning to use these facilities. Would highly recommend you try this hotel if you are in the area. Iron gorge museum nearby.

Room Tip: If its hot weather ask for a room that doesn't get much sun.
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted to hear of your positive stay with us, we all look forward to welcoming you back soon I hope.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

A big turn around from mine and my partners previous stay. Previously me and my partner was very unhappy with the food quality (blue plaster on my chips, burnt to a crisp burger and sweetcorn found in the dessert). The manager Tim was very professional and offered for us to return at a heavily discounted rate and complimentary dinner. I thought this was a great sign that he cared very much about us. I have to say it was a much more pleasant experience. The food was lovely and we even got an unexpected discount on drinks which was a very nice touch..touchè time,touchè. Steve the bar manager recognised me and had a good knowledge of my previous stay and made every effort to make this one more pleasurable. Overall a much much more pleasant stay.

1 Thank Dave_m1992
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted to hear your visit this time was up to our usual standard.
once agin thank you for taking the time to wright.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Before booking a weekend here, I was hesitant thanks to the negative reviews of the food and service, however the food was amazing; great quality and quantity. Everybody working at this hotel is incredibly friendly and helpful; guests are waited on hand and foot and nothing is too much to ask. I had the £200 spa weekend package which consisted of 2 nights dinner, bed and breakfast, lunch on one day and full use of facilities along with spa treatments. The ritual massages are to die for and I would definitely go back to this hotel for the friendly service, comfortable rooms and completely relaxing atmosphere. Incredible value for money.

3 Thank HGC1
Michael L, General Manager at Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted to hear you had a relaxing Spa break with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon I hope.
KInd regards
Michael Lavizani
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telford
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge
Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
Park Inn by Radisson Telford
Best Western Valley Hotel
Best Western Valley Hotel
#1 of 3 in Ironbridge
Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel

Been to Telford Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!