“Empty ..”
Review of Oscars Diner - CLOSED

Oscars Diner
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Walked in and wondered why there was no one there, now we know why. Sat down and had to find a menu ! Waited for a while to have our order taken and realised the waitress was at a table eating her food ! Asked for a milkshake but we told they had no milk, to later be told that someone had run to sainsburys to get some so we could have one after all. The burgers were undercooked and so greasy we couldn't pick them up to eat. Aside from that the waitress was actually very friendly and seemed busy answering calls for papa johns ! She also gave us 10% off for some reason. Unfortunately I won't be eating here again.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Me and my fella went to oscars last year food was great we went again last nyt it was discusting bread on our burgers was stale we wasnt offered knives and forks had to ask for them also our puddings were given to us in a silver foil bace in a pizza box wnt be going again

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Food is great...we went on a Tuesday and attempted the Titanic Burger challenge, which is only £10 on a Tuesday including chips and a milkshake! (Usually £15)
There was 4 of us who decided to do the challenge.......we waited about an hour (maybe slightly longer) for our food......although there were only two couples in there.
Apparently the fryer kept cutting out but we were informed about this after other customers who had come in after us.

Overall though, the service was ok, the food was great and amazing value for money!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We have been to Oscar's once before (about a year ago) and the food was excellent. The place was lively and full of people. This time, it was entirely different!

My boyfriend and I decided to make a day of it in Telford and I had said that Oscar's was good. When we walked in, we were the only people there and the waitress came over and took pur drinks order.

After perusing the menu, my boyfriend opted for a burger and I went for the 'Tender Pork Ribs'. The food took about 10 minutes to appear and they didn't look appetizing in the slightest. The BBQ sauce was all runny, the chicken just had sacue chucked over it and the basket of corn still had approximately half an inch of water in it. Non the less, I attempted to tuck in.

The 'Tender Pork Ribs' were anything but tender! After about a minute of trying to cut them I managed to get a pice of meat off it. The meat was on the turn. The waitress came straight over and asked what the problem was, so I explained. She took it back and asked if she could get anything else for me but I had already been put off. So I tried to eat the waterlogged corn, but it was under cooked.

We ended up paying £20 for a burger and 2 Fantas.

Don't waist your time. Frankie and Benny's is not too far away!

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We came here as it was close to the cinema and thought it was perfect for my teenage daughters birthday.
It all began when my husband and I decided to eat while the kids were in movie. I ordered carbonara and hubby the meatballs. Waitress came back and said there was no carbonara. Then I ordered meatballs but can't eat spicy food so ordered them without chilli. Food arrived looked great except the tomato sauce was filled with chilli so I couldn't eat it. The menu does not say it is a hot sauce. I told the waitress who then took it back and I ordered meatballs with salad as there was no plain sauce. It arrived but the meatballs were raw. I felt sick. The waitress asked again if I wanted to try a third time and I decided I could take no more. This was also supposed to be my birthday treat. We left to await the kids and I hoped their experience would be better. No apology really either.
The kids arrived ordered their meals seemed ok but only one waitress so took so long to be served. Asked for my daughters birthday cake for it only to arrive with one candle saying 1 instead of the two to say 13. Waitress did ask to get it but the moment was lost. Overall a very disappointing experience , I left hungry and husband upset as his treat for me was a letdown and as for a special birthday couldn't be any further from that.

1  Thank Jooles52