We have just returned from the International Hotel at Telford and have very mixed feelings about it.
First the good stuff - the staff are amazing. So friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. We left a couple of items behind and they found them and returned them to us in minutes, taking the trouble to ring us back to let us know they'd been recovered and would be waiting in reception. The bar is really nice, comfortable and attractive with excellent bar staff.
However, the rest really isn't so good. Our room brought a whole new meaning to bland and looked very tired. It was clean enough but very basic. The shower was really excellent but the towels had seen better days. The bed was like a block of concrete and the pillows hardly worthy of the name. I slept fairly well but my husband definitely wasn't so lucky.
This place will always be in demand because it is so conveniently situated for the International Centre but it's resting on its laurels. The standard is around the same as a Travel Lodge for double the price and we don't feel we got value for our money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Hotel has a contemporary feel with first class service and comfort for guests. The hotel is fully air conditioned and has its own bar where you can dine in, choosing from the bar menu. The hotel is part of Southwater Event Group and is next door to sister hotel, Holiday Inn Telford / Ironbridge, which has the Olive Tree Restaurant offering a la carte and table d'hote service. For a small charge, guests can use the Revive Leisure club with its indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, spa pool and gym. Appointments can be made with the on-site beautician. The International Hotel is 5 minutes' walk from Telford's undercover Shopping Centre and Southwater Entertainment Quarter with IMAX Cinema, ice rink and ten pin bowling. Nearby is the wonderful Telford Town Park which offers acres of woodland walks and free fun in the many play areas, alongside high ropes, zip wire and mini golf activities. Located 2 minutes' drive from the M54 and a short drive to the Ironbridge Gorge, guests at the hotel benefit from discounted tickets for top Shropshire tourist attractions are available from the Hotel Reception. The International Hotel has free on site car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and LateRooms so you can book your International Hotel Telford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Telford International Hotel
- International Hotel Telford Shropshire