“Buisness Trip”

Hadley Park House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Booked this Hotel as it was local to my work visit. Turned up at midnight and greeted by the night manager. Very Polite and Welcoming. Room was a good size and clean. Good size Bathroom, excellent shower but they could do with soft close toilet seats! Comfortable bed. I had the cooked Breakfast in the morning which was very nice, the waitress was very attentive and also had great local knowledge and even printed off directions for a couple next to us for there day out. The price was good too as the breakfast was included in the Rate. I will certainly stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Lesley P, Public Relations Manager at Hadley Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for leaving a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us as part of a business trip to the local area.

We have noted your comment regarding soft-closing seats!

It's great that you'd like to stay again, and we hope to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We had our wedding here yesterday. I (the bride) stayed here on Saturday night with some family members and great friends. The night went with a few drinks, food and a lot of laughter.

The wedding day arrived, nothing could be too much trouble, the receptionist (Sam) was great I asked for a couple of items she got them for me straight away fab.

The day went fast hairdresser, beautician arrived then the photographer. Rachelle the wedding coordinator brilliant, what else can you say. The food EXCELLENT, everyone (I mean everyone) loved the food even the fussy ones (we had few), extra gravy, Yorkshire pudding and sauce all came out. All the staff were great, there was Max, Laura, Amanda, a few staff members that I did not get the names off but they were all good, the housekeeping ladies great. Then you have Geraldine, the owner lovely lady nothing too much trouble, her husband Mark was away for the weekend but every time we have seen him, he remembers us. The kitchen staff, well the food was amazing thank you.

Just to finish if you want your wedding here you will not be disappointed the day went very well we all loved the it.

We will be back for more excellent hospitality and wonderful food.

Amanda & Andy

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Amanda & Andy

Thank you so much for the lovely review and thank you for choosing to spend your special day at Hadley Park House Hotel.

We're all really pleased that you and your guests had a memorable and enjoyable day and in particular you all enjoyed the food and service. We share all reviews with our team so they too will read your kind words.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Arrived yesterday and hotel very lovely to look at. Had been allocated the wrong room but despite hosting a wedding and being very busy they couldn't of been more helpful. Swooped room immediately and sat us in the lounge with complimentary tea and coffee whilst we waited. Room very clean , beds comfy. Very quiet no noise slept a treat. The stair carpet needs replacing but not really badly. The breakfast is cooked to order and is lovely. Staff really nice and helpful. All for £87 for the twin room. Would def stay again and recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend - and come again! Just to advise, our stair carpet is being replaced (it's a large area so we're waiting for a fitting date!).

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We arranged to have our grandmothers 90th birthday party here. Even though there were not too many people attending, the hotel staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. They understood that our grandmother would not require a large meal. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was delicious, we had a lovely little quiet room to have drinks and then a small dining room for our meal. All in all, I would recommend this hotel

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Lesley P, Public Relations Manager at Hadley Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to celebrate such a special occasion and we are so pleased to read that you all enjoyed the day.

We pride ourselves on food quality and service, so we are delighted that you all enjoyed the food and our staff were welcoming. We share all reviews with our team so they will read your kind words.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a friend's wedding, the wedding venue here was lovely as was all the food and service, the rooms are very nice & clean & the beds very comfortable, breakfast in the morning was very nice. Lovely hotel in good location for Shropshire, highly recommend

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Squawking44

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hadley Park House Hotel.

We're pleased that you enjoyed the food and service - as its what we pride ourselves on!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here recently after attending a wedding. As I live in Telford I would not of normally stayed but my boyfriend and I was treated to the stay by his parents. My first thoughts were that it was very nice but a little shabby, just little things like in the function room there was scuffs on the wall from tables and chairs hitting it (or so I'm assuming). There was also a few drink spill marks on the floor which would take nothing more then a quick mop to clear up. One of the tables that we put the postbox on for the cards was covered in crumbs so the table cloth clearly hadn't been changed. Also the table cloths on the tables were very creased, it wouldn't take much to give them a quick iron.

I stayed in room 2 which was in the older part above reception, it was a huge room which had been decorated nicely. It would of been nice if the bed was a king size, as the room was so big the double bed looked a little lost. The bathroom was nice and modern but the toilet kept making noises which was odd. There was also someone else's shaving foam on the wall, this didn't ruin our stay but as the room was over £100 I do expect it to be spotless.

I got to have a look in both bridal suites as my friends were staying in them, the bath in room 4 was HUGE but I did notice the wood around the lock was almost coming away. In both suites there was also left over confetti from the previous tenants and a hanger on the four poster bed. Again these aren't huge problems, they aren't really problems at all but it is the little details that put you off.

The carpet going up the stairs and in the landing was a very dated orange colour which had faded over the years, the carpets in the rooms could also do with a bit of an update.

All members of staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful. The food we had of mini fish and chips and thai green chicken curry was great, I managed to go for seconds!! Drinks a little pricey but it is to be expected. The breakfast we had in the morning was nice but a little on the small size, one small scoop of beans, 1 piece of bacon, that seemed a little tight to me. Plenty of toast was brought to the table though.

All in all it was a nice stay but in future I will be getting a taxi home. This review does seem very fussy and picky but for the price you pay I do expect good standards!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JessNav

Dear Jess

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, we are pleased to read, that in the main, you enjoyed your time and stay with us at Hadley Park House Hotel.

You mentioned that you felt that the hotel needed a little maintenance. With regards to issues with spillages and crumbs, this should have been cleaned up but sometimes this gets a little delayed, particularly when it is a busy event with large numbers of people - we have noted your comments.

Hadley Park is a privately owned hotel, and as such the maintenance is carried out on a regular basis. It is however, sometimes like the Forth Bridge in terms of keeping on top of maintenance, but I would like to reassure you that we doing just that! Last year all of the exterior was painted and this year, we're now working inside!

We have noted your comments on housekeeping, which have been shared with the appropriate teams.

We're pleased to read that you enjoyed the food (and went back for seconds!).

We do hope to welcome you again in the near future,

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here on the 8th March as a couple and really enjoyed our stay. There was a slight hiccup on check in but as someone who has worked in hotels I know it is an easy mistake to make and the staff correctly it quickly and I really didn't mind it. The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

The room was big with possibly the most comfortable bed ever and the room was spotless. The bath was deep with a great rainfall shower. We both slept very well and really enjoyed our stay.

We didn't have breakfast even though it was included but I am sure if the rest of the hotel is anything to go by I bet it would of been delicious.

The only thing I would mention for people to be aware of is that the location can be difficult to find, I live in Telford and thankfully knew where the hotel was but still took a wrong turn. But thanks to the location the hotel is peaceful so there's not trouble nodding off!

Overall, our stay was great and we would both stay again. The price was also ideal for what we received (personally I would happily pay higher for the standards the hotel house) I look forward to staying again soon.

Room Tip: Having a sat nav helps to find the hotel if not call the hotel and ask them for directions