“A weekend visit”

Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Grays is a modern hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Situated about 15 minutes walk from the Conference Centre. During our stay the food was acceptable/good though the wine list was very limited with a number of items out of stock. The bar though well stocked could only find 1 brandy glass. Prices were acceptable. The only down side was that on arrival we had to request a change of room, (which was willingly provided) The original room stank of smoke, the carpet was dirty and the double bed pushed against the wall causing access problems. There is plenty of parking and easy access from the M54.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
melstanton, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Many thanks for your feed back for Grays Hotel. I was disappointed to hear of the dirty carpet in your bedroom which has now been cleaned, and I will also be look at moving the bed away from the wall. I have also ordered more brandy glasses for the main bar.

Please accpet my apologizes for the above challenges and we hope to see you back at Grays Hotel in the near future.

Again thanks for the feed back.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

My partner and I are currently staying in the hotel and will be checking out tomorrow. We reserved the room via booking.com and received a very good rate. We requested a smoking room. On arrival I asked whether the room we had been allocated was a smoking room. The receptionist informed me it wasn't and they had no double smoking rooms left. She then upgraded us to a family smoking room at no extra cost. First Impressions - Excellent.

Entering the room we were both impressed with the size and space in the room. It was cosy and spacious and most of all CLEAN!

We have used the services of the bar downstairs and also room service which was very good.

I only have 2 negatives about the hotel which are hardly worth mentioning:

1) When we used the bar we had to wait about 10 minutes and then ask at reception for a member of staff to serve us.
2) The bed in the room is a double and as we are used to a kingsize at home we found it a little small, however it was very comfortable and we both had a great nights sleep.

Reception staff were helpful and friendly

We were so impressed with the hotel we are looking to come back for new year.

Room Tip: Family rooms come with a 2 seater sofa and 2 chairs. Lots of space.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
melstanton, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Many thanks for your excellent feed back for Grays Hotel. You're feed back has already been passed to the staff and they have already resloved the waiting time at our bar which you experienced during your stay here at Grays. Many thanks for brining that to our attention and we are sorry that happened.

We hope to see both back at Grays Hotel very soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Through booking.com a room was booked for 15th September on the 2nd August 2012. A good rate of £64 for a double club room. On arrival at the Saturday we were told that the Hotel was overbooked and they would have to put us in a Sister Hotel, the International in Telford. Telford was very busy that weekend with the Midland Game Fair just 8 miles up the road. We suspect that we were moved because their oversubscribed guests were paying a lot more than £64.In fact 2 days before the 15th Sept they were advertising a single room for £145.
OK so we were moved, and yes we had a room at the International. The Grays offered as token of good will a free breakfast. Breakfast at the Grays is listed as £10.95 per person. The room that we had at the International was the room they keep for disabled visitors, nothing wrong with the room but the bed was like sleeping on a concrete slab. (Why assume that a disabled person needs an Orthapaedic Bed). This was the worst nights sleep we have had in a Hotel anywhere.
Still we thought we have a good breakfast, sorry wrong. A bowl of cereal and the only cooked item was a container full of cold bacon. UGH worth £2.50. This group of Hotels need to get it's act together. Very disappointing and you can be sure that when we return to Telford next year we will not be using any of this groups facilities. The Grays Hotel has a Restaurant & Spa on site the International has to get its guests to use the facilites at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn D
melstanton, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

After reading your feed back on Trip Advsior I was very disappointed to hear about you been booked out to our sister Hotel and also not enjoying your stay.
Please accept my apology for the inconvenience and up-set this may have caused you both. We will be investigating why this happened and I have already contacted you direct via e-mail and waiting your response.

Kind Regards

Mel Stanton

Reviewed 27 August 2012

The room was small, but clean and very comfortable, I slept excellently every night. The breakfast buffet has very good variety and there was always plenty of it. However, the best thing about our stay was the staff. They were uniformly friendly and cheerful, from the cleaners to the check-in desk staff. They made staying there a pleasure (especially the man on the front desk who looks a lot like Rob Brydon!)

Two minor areas which could be improved - both were small but constant annoyances -

An empty plug socket on either side of the bed is not an optional extra in this day and age. It is a necessity.

The soap/shower gel being mounted on the wall is annoying and ridiculous. Also, the dispensers are poorly designed for that location - on one occasion when washing my hands, I managed to squirt soap over my hand and onto my t-shirt. And the dispenser is located directly above the shaver plug, so I was worried about my wet hands dripping on the electrical socket.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
melstanton, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Excellent review and thank you. Good night sleep followed by a hearty breakfast and friendly cheerful staff. Great comments and I have noted your 2 minor issues and will speak to my maintenance team to try and reslove this.
Thank you and to make it more special Tom it's your first review on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to your return to Grays Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Stayed here for one night on business and compared it to the Park Inn opposite, where I stayed the previous week - No comparison. At Grays the bathroom was beautiful with an adjustable shower. The TV volume hadn't been locked and the biscuits were better and I even had a sachet of chocolate for my night cap!
The grounds are beautiful and the view from my bedroom was 'green' as opposed to the previous weeks view of a roof with air conditioning units.
The food was good and the staff were all very helpful and friendly

Room Tip: Room 230 was at the end of a corridor but had a nice view
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Wow great review for Grays Hotel, your comments have been passed to the staff and they are very happy to see you enjoyed a comfortable stay with green views.
We look forward in welcoming you back to Grays Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

This is our 2nd time staying at this hotel for V festival booked via superbreak and we enjoyed the hotel just as much as last time! the staff are very helpful and friendly, we stayed in a newly refurbished room again (thank you!) which was very nice. The best thing about the hotel is the breakfast!! The food is high quality and a lot of variety. Only quibble we have is our room was fairly close to the housekeeping office, so we heard the staff having quite loud conversations/laughing in the morning - I also found we were woken by them knocking to clean our room (even though it was 8am and we were still asleep!) apart from that it was a lovely stay once again. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2012
melstanton, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Its good to hear that you had a fantastic weekend at V-2012, please accept my apologizes for my house keepers making too much noise and knocking on you door and distrubing you both.
Thank you for your positive feedback for Grays Hotel and we look forward in welcoming you back for sunny V-2013.

Good to read you enjoyed your breakfast!

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We stayed at Grays 16th August overnight. I booked two double rooms on booking.com got a good rate. My sister and her twins in one room, and myself and my daughter in another double room. We both had the newly refurbished rooms which were lovely. The bed was very comfortable. The room had been brought uptodate with modern furnishings. We were on the side by the road which was quiet. On the night we arrived, the staff were very helpful and friendly. We phoned for extra coffee and milk and the staff soon delivered to our door. On the night we went out to eat to Frankey and Bennys which was 3 mins drive away. The next morning we had a full english breakfast which was deliciios it cost ten pounds approx. the children ate free as they were under ten which was great. Breakfast was superb, local sourced meat, pastries, yogurts, fruit, cereal etc.
After breakfast we went swimming which was clean and warm. The colour changing lights in the pool were lovely. Our three ten year old girls loved the pool. We then left and went to pack. We didnt hve to leave the room until 11.45 which I thought was fantastic, as its usually earlier. We then checked out and headed off to Blisits Hill and Coalport for the day.
Had a wonderful time. The guys on reception were really friendly and helpful and if manager saw us around the hotel he would wave and ask if we were ok. I would definitely return. thank you. It was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie555
melstanton, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Many thanks for you're excellent review for Grays Hotel. It was important to see that you found my staff and Managers friendly and helpful and prompt when you made a request.
I see that the twins enjoyed the swimming pool and you visited local attractions and you found our breakfast very enjoyable, plus you made positive comments on our new bedrooms.

We hope that you will be returning to Grays Hotel with the twins to visit more of our local attractions in the area and enjoy more of our breakfast.

Grays Hotel Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Telford
Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge
4 mi away
Best Western Valley Hotel
Best Western Valley Hotel
#1 of 3 in Ironbridge

Been to Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge? Share your experiences!