“Clean tidy & very friendly”

Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We booked this hotel to visit Ironbridge and othe local attractions, location was only just ok because if like us you want to relax and have a drink after sightseeing all day, you do not have a great deal of choice. 2 pubs and the hotel bar are the only places within walking distance.
The hotel itself was very clean and the staff were exellent. Our only issues we had were, shower lacked water pressure, kettle had to be boiled on the floor due to lack of plug sockets and our room on the 3rd floor lacked head room round by the bed next to the window. Which for 2 nights you can live with. Beds are a good size but on the firm side. We had an evening meal in the bar, which was good value for money and very nice. Breakfast, which is buffet style was just as good.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor facing the road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
mel s, Front Office Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you very much for leaving feedback.

I am pleased you enjoyed your meal in the bar and the buffet breakfast.

The shower pressure and the issue regarding the sockets in the rooms are being investigated. I hope this does not hinder you from staying with us again.

Telford Town Centre is currently building more bars and restaurants, so there will be more places to visit in the near future, which we are very excited about.

We hope to see you again soon at Ramada Telford Ironbridge

Lynette Butlin
Reception Manager

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I could not give even the slightest positive recommendation for this hotel so felt impelled to write a review before others experienced a terrible stay here.
Not only did it take over 20 minutes to check in (we forget how many times we had to ask for our key card) but when we arrived at our room, the whole corridor stank of cigarettes and we found a used pair of pants in our bedroom wardrobe. Obviously not cleaned properly as these couldn't be missed!!!!! The shower was about as powerful as standing under some leaky guttering and the shower door did nothing but turn our bathroom floor into a paddling pool.
Although annoyed, we didn't complain as we had a spacious family room and didn't want to be downsized as we knew there were no other family rooms available.
Things took a turn for the worse when we were woken at midnight by some extremely inconsiderate neighbours who decided to try and wake the entire hotel with their noisy x-rated movie audition. When we rang reception we were told it would be dealt with promptly but they did nothing and we had to bang on the wall several times to prevent our toddler from waking up traumatised. What made it worse is that the hotel manager insisted the following morning that her staff had dealt with it which was a complete lie considering we heard a further 20 minute rendition before our constant door-banging finally ceased their behaviour.
This hotel is a complete joke. The staff are rude and I've never seen such grumpy waitresses in all my life. Their prices are obscene, especially for the service you receive and I would advise that no-one risk the experience that we've had here. Ramada you should be ashamed!!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SophLovesFood
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear SophLovesFood

Thank you for your feedback and I am grateful that you have told us about your unhappiness before you check out of the hotel, so that I have the opportunity to address the issues you have raised straight away. I am very disappointed that you have been so upset and I have sent you a personal message to ask you to contact me directly so that I can help you.

I would like to reassure you, and readers of your review, that this is not indicative of the normal standards our hotel achieves and we work hard to ensure all our guests leave us with happy memories of their stay.

I do hope to speak to you soon.

Kind regards,
Lis Frost, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel is conveniently located near to the main shopping centre in Telford and also very close to the motorway, making it an ideal location as a base for a trip to the area. It appears to be part of a business park, so the area seems rather soulless and the hotel entrance itself once past the small water feature wasn't particularly inviting, looking equally bleak. Don't let this put you off, as although the lobby is fairly empty, the warm colours and welcoming staff made a good impression and the view from our room onto a well maintained grassy area was much nicer than views I've had from many hotel rooms in the past. I wasn't at all aware of how close we were to the motorway. The hotel appears fairly new, the décor is modern and streamlined. Our room was very small and the bed not particularly comfortable. The bathroom had a bath with overhead shower which had good pressure. The interesting photographic artwork on the bedroom walls made a welcome change. Wifi is chargeable in the rooms but free in public areas.

There is a gym on site - you might want to avoid rooms 201, 202 or 203 if you don't want to be bothered by the noise of people coming to and from this. We didn't eat in the hotel but prices were reasonable. Shop around before booking as there can be massive differences in rates available - so can be either an excellent bargain for the standard of accommodation or seriously overpriced depending on which end of the scale you purchased.

Good Morning Lazyjanie,

I was very happy you left excellent feedback which we are grateful for and are delighted you had a great stay with us.

We are lucky to be close to the motorway and be central to the Telford Town Centre.

The hotel entrance is being painted and we are looking in to making this area more attractive , so thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regarding your comment about the pictures i am pleased you liked them.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. They are all happy they made you feel welcome as they thrive on delivering excellent customer service and to receive feedback like yours motivates the staff as they do work hard.

All the best and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Lynette Butlin
Reception Manager

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We booked this hotel for 2 nights at a cost of £40 per night not including breakfast. Room was clean but beds could do with replacing. Breakfast was disappointing, selection of continental food was quite poor, fried eggs left a long time on the hot plate and therefore dried out. However, the bar meals were very good and well presented. Staff were very helpful. Location was excellent for touring round the area and parking was free. We would go to this hotel again but perhaps go somewhere else for breakfast.

Room Tip: We were quite a long way from the lift so if you have disability problems it may be better to advise...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
mel s, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor, I was disappointed to read that you had two issues during your stay and to rectify this please could I ask you to contact me with the following information which bedroom did you stay in and what time did you both go for breakfast?

Its very important at Ramada Telford that we review our customer feed back and action issues that may cause disappointed during your stay. But on a positive note you enjoyed our bar food and Ramada has good access to the M54 and historical places in Shropshire.

I look forward to hearing from and do hope you come back and visit us.

Regards

Ramada Team

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Just back from two nights here, which we used as a base for the Ironbridge Museums (Blists Hill is highly recommended). The staff were excellent (they all seemed happy, which speaks volumes for how they are trained and managed), the restaurant food was amazing value for money (Mains starting at £7.50) and food was very good quality. Our room was a standard room and adequate with pleasant views over well manicured lawns. Telford shopping centre is a 5 minute walk without having to pay shopping centre car park charges.
Any negatives? Not many. Newspaper didn't arrive on first morning. A couple of items not available on menu on second night. Bed mattress not the comfiest but overall experience was very positive. We would definitely use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the gardens, not the main road
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

An excellent review and thank you for your comments, I am very lucky with my team at Ramada who do really care on your experience during your stay. Plus if they can help you in any way I know that they will and if they can't they will go and find the info you require.
I will pass on your comments to our team and thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Telford to visit some more of our beautiful countryside.

Ramada Team

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Just returned after a one night stay with my partner for her birthday, from arriving to leaving the whole stay was brilliant and every one there worked so hard . We was up graded upon arrival to a suite in 109 and this room was massive, they even went out there way to leave a card for my partner in her room wishing her happy birthday , the hotel is spotless clean and all rooms refurb and looking nice and very modern . We used the pool and this was lovely and warm, I would recommend anyone to stay here one of the best hotels we have stayed in by far in the uk. Very close to shopping areas also . Thank you all at the remada for making us feel so welcome and looking after us .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
mel s, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hello Darren O Best wishes to your partner who celebrated her birthday with us, thank you for an excellent review and recommending us to your friends and family.
I will pass on your thanks to the team and we hope to see you both again in 2014.

Ramada Hotel.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I booked a stay at this hotel at the end of 2013 with a special deal and found the hotel located in an area very easy to find, and very well located for various attractions, notably Ironbridge.

The hotel itself is really lovely, very nice decor, good public areas and the bedroom I was allocated on the lower floor was very well equipped, even had a iron and ironing board in the wardrobe, bathroom was lovely, and the room was very clean

The staff were all helpful and friendly, from reception to breakfast staff, and you couldnt ask for more

The negative point and why I only gave the hotel a 3 star average rating is the noise from guests. I go to bed at a normal sensible time, ( after 11 pm ) and was woken 3 or 4 times in the night by people walking down the corridor past the room talking loudly enough to wake me up, slamming doors I assume bedroom doors because I tried to slam the corridor fire doors and found it almost impossible.

I have no idea what times I was woken up, far to tired to try and look at the time, but the noise level just isnt acceptable to me, and had the hotel been a Premier Inn with the sleep well promise, I would have been asking for my money back

I know the hotel cant control (within reason) who stays and how much noise they make but it was such a shame and made the stay at such a good hotel a very poor experience, so much so, that I doubt I would ever stay there again, and I couldnt recommend the hotel

Room Tip: I found the noise from hotel guests at night totally unacceptable maybe dont stay on the lowest floo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dom J

Thank for taking the time to post a review for Ramada Telford. Please accept my apologies for my guests who were late back and banging their bedroom doors and disturbed your sleep, we are currently looking into this issue which we will resolve shortly. But on a positive note great location for visiting Ironbridge and our hotel rooms are clean and modern.

We do hope you will return in 2014 and visit the new Southwater development which has some exciting venues.

Ramada Telford

Also consider these accommodations in or near Telford
Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge
#1 of 3 in Ironbridge
Buckatree Hall Hotel
Buckatree Hall Hotel
#5 of 21 in Telford

Been to Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge? Share your experiences!