“Lovely Hotel - Excellent Value for Money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge

Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Telford
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel - Excellent Value for Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I chose this hotel for an overnight stay on our way home from a holiday in Anglesey. This was our first visit to Telford.
The hotel is in a delightful setting in the centre of Telford and has the added bonus of secure onsite free parking. I thought that the room was excellent value at £45 plus breakfast.
The room was nicely laid out, good sized bathroom and large window with a good view over the grounds and part of Telford.
My only comment about the room would be that we were on the top floor in that part of the hotel were the rooms are built into the roof. This means that one wall of the room is at about a 45 degree angle making it a bit awkward for someone tall. It also makes the room appear a little small. Fortunately for me I was sleeping on the side of the bed away from the window. If I had been on the other side and got up in the middle of the night I am sure I would have banged my head on the wall. I think that the mattress was overdue for being changed, I had a reasonably comfortable night but my wife's back was somewhat stiff in the morning.

In the evening we dined in the bar, a very pleasant & comfortable room overlooking one of the terraces.
The meals were First class, compliments to the chef, and remarkable good value for money at less than £20 for the two. My wife had the fish and I had the Hunters chicken, good portion size, quality and very tasty.

Breakfast is served in the restaurant and offers a varied choice with several other items available to order. Very pleasant & efficient waiting staff, bringing tea / coffee to you table and clearing away plates promptly.

All of the staff were very pleasant & helpful, from reception to the bar & breakfast service.
Only being there for the night, we did not have time to make use of the other excellent facilities on offer (Gym, Swimming Pool, Snooker / Pool room).

We didn't have time to explore Telford & Ironbridge but we will definitely return here for a longer visit next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mel s, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your positive review for Ramada Telford and I believe reading from your review that you had a very enjoyable stay with us. With our secure parking / delightful setting and friendly staff and hopefully on your next visit you will bring your swim / Gym kit and make use of our leisure club.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Ramada Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the way to Alton towers and had a brilliant nights sleep and a great swim in the indoor pool before setting off in the morning after our fantastic breakfast we had a brilliant deal £69 on there direct web site including breakfast ... The rooms where decent modern and large ... The staff where extremely friendly ... Couldn't fault anything about this hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone .... A real good place a true 10 out of 10 ....

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
mel s, General Manager at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Many thanks for your Brilliant review of our Hotel. I hope you had a thrilling day at Alton Towers and took on all the big rides. I pleased to read that you found our staff friendly and helpful and got quality and value for your stay.
We hope to see you both back at Ramada in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were very impressed with our stay at this Ramada Hotel. The bedroom was very comfortable with a big window which made it lovely and light and a decent sized bathroom. The hotel is set in attractive grounds and has a nice atmosphere with friendly, helpful but professional staff. The swimming pool was great along with the sauna and although a small gym it was quite adequate.

Room Tip: We were given a room on the ground floor reasonably far away from reception. We found it quiet and r...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Another 5 star review and thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Our Hotel has a great location just off the M54 and situated in attractive grounds. Our staff work very hard to deliver excellent customer service and get a buzz when customers leave happy and relaxed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ramada Telford in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed for a night, lovely hotel with lovely rooms. I think they've probably been recently refurbished. Very comfortable stay, nice surroundings, ideal for exploring the Ironbridge museums. Very efficient and friendly welcome from friendly staff, good parking. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for our 5 star review and highly recommended us on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read that you found our staff very efficient and received a friendly welcome on arrival and that welcome carried on throughout your stay.

We do hope you visit us again very soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Obviously Ramada is a big chain, but the hotel experience was the opposite to *corporate*. The staff were fantastic, they were so genuinely lovely and helpful and seemed to be happy in their jobs, so didnt come across as false. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff that I met in all the different departments. The gym\sauna and pool are all new - and the pool had cool lighting (I am a sucker for fun lighting). There is a cute area at the back of the hotel with a moon dial and lots of beautiful plants/flowers with benches. The TV in the room had functioning usb and hdmi sockets so we could just stream films to the TV which was cool. Didnt have a problem with noise - in fact apart from rooms doors opening and closing, I didnt hear anything from any other guests in our room. They didnt have twin beds and me and my sis were sharing, so found the double bed a bit small, but the staff just gave us a comfy z-bed which worked out perfectly. We were allowed to bring our dog too, which was brilliant because she loved all the attention and nearby walks. There are loads of fab places to visit very close by to the hotel. The grounds at attingham park were beautiful and the victorian village was really fun and surprisingly large!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and I was really pleased to read that you had a lovely stay and was pleased with the service you received. I am trying to incorporate more fun lighting within the Hotel and maybe some in the gardens especially the courtyard?

I hope you and your sister do return to Ramada Telford and don't forget to bring your little dog because their are still lots to do in Shropshire.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was a last minute booking, and a pleasing one!
We booked the room for £39 and it was defiantly worth it.
The room and bathroom was very modern and clean, staff were very polite and location is very good for shopping.
I'd defiantly want to stay here again, but felt it was a shame that we couldn't make the most of the leisure facilities as they were all included as well.
The only minor drawback was that breakfast finished serving at 9:30

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for another 5 star review and I will pass on all your wonderful comments to our staff. Hopefully on your next visit you will use our leisure club a lot more and enjoy more visits around the beautiful Shropshire countryside.

Plus I hope Bolton Wanders have a good season in 14/15? If I have the right customer if not I do apologize. Hopefully we will see you both very soon.